-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Dialogue Tips? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@writerlexi1216
NP!!!! -
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Two years?!?!?!  Eww, that’s horrible!!!!!!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hey fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Hello!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Writing in all caps is just LOADS of fun so I’m happy this forum inspired you to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
TYSM!!!!!!!!!!! It’s been around since the end of July of this year! I wanted to be able to create a fun and encouraging place for aspiring teen writers!!
*gasp*…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski's profile was updated 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@writerlexi1216
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oooh, that’d be AWESOME for you to read it!!!!!!!!! I’m not sure how that’d work yet, though!!!It really depends on the agent. I know some who’ll respond to query letters in three weeks and some who takes three months. And then there are those who don’t respond at all. And that’s just…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Aww, thanks!!!! 🤗Â I may have already asked this, but when do you think you’ll finish Bound and Determined?
How long does it normally take for an agent to respond? (That shows you how much thought I’ve put into publishing, lol 😂) I hope the process goes smoothly and quickly!!!!!
Oooo, congrats on fi…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@Gracie J.
My WIP has actually been smooth sailing today! I’ve gotten a lot written and edited, so I’m hyped about it for the time being! My current word count is probably around 16,000 words, but I have a tendency to edit every scene once I finish it, so that slows me down a bit. I’ve hit a little bump in the road, though, trying to figure out…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I’ve been kind of taking a break in December, but I am so pumped to get back at it come January (even if it is editing). I’m currently working on editing my superhero novel, the first in a duology. Editing is a struggle for me, but it’s still fun at times and going pretty well. 🙂
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
That’s great, Issabelle!!!!!! It’s a super awesome feeling to finish a book, so congrats and best of luck!!! I’d love to read it if you don’t mind! It sounds really interesting! 🙂 It makes me more motivated to finish my own WIP when I read other people finishing theirs!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Dialogue Tips? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for the help, you guys!!! This is a huge problem for me in my writing, so I’m open to any good advice!! I’ll definitely try to be more aware of real-life conversations from now on, and talking out loud would probably help me a lot!! I get what you mean about slang, though–most of my characters are young (15ish), so it would make sense to…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Issabelle Perry and
R.M. Archer are now friends 5 years, 9 months ago
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Oops, tag didn’t work:Â @gracie-j
While I’m at it, I’ll tag some more people:
@icantthinkofmoretagssopleasefeelfreetojoin 🙂
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@graice-j
Pretty good!! I finally have it plotted, so I’ll try to write a good synopsis soon. I’m hoping to start writing on January 1st and write every day… *crosses fingers* If I start procrastinating, please to yell at me. 😄
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Dialogue Tips? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@writerlexi1216 My word of advice would be to listen to real people talk. Listen to conversations and take note of elements that stick out to you. Surprisingly, people talk over each other a lot, don’t finish their sentences, etc. And depending on the age, there could be slang appropriate for the time period. Hope that helps! 🙂
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hey fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@writerlexi1216
HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *gasp* Really? *high-fives* EXCLAMATION MARKS ARE LIKE THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! Great to meet you also!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!! That’s SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantasy’s a pretty fun genre!!!!!!! I can also…[Read more] -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hey fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@millennium
Oooh, cool!!!!!!!!! Great suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Haha, really? Wow that’s pretty interesting. I think I probably am a combo of two personalities. That’s actually SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ll have to read Skyward then if it’s sci-fi. I’ve been REALLY Wanting to read more sci-fi. I feel like…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Wattpad? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@e-k-seaver
I’m SUPER glad I could help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm….I don’t really know of anything like that, sadly. I think that’s one of the things that sets wattpad apart from other writing sites. What I do is publish chapters of one of my stories on my blog and ask for my readers to give feedback in the comments. There’s a suggestion. Sorry…[Read more] -
Lin replied to the topic Wattpad? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@e-k-seaver Wattpad…I’ve heard both good and bad things about it. My sister feels very strongly about it, making me swear never to post stuff on there, as she doesn’t want me to have a reputation as a Wattpad writer. I mean, I post my stuff on QiDian International (Webnovel) which is kind of the same thing, with a lot of bad content, and other…[Read more]
- Load More
