Wattpad?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    E. K. Seaver
    @e-k-seaver
      • Total Posts: 344

What are your thoughts about writing and posting it on wattpad?

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
      ekseaver.wordpress.com

Issabelle Perry
      @issawriter7
        • Total Posts: 976

@e-k-seaver
        I had a wattpad account but I deleted it. 90% of the content put on there is immoral stuff, and wattpad gets hacked in very easy. They’ve had like two major hacks in the past five years. Personally, I think there are other better places out there for writers. So, yeah, that’s just some of my thoughts on it. Sorry if I got a bit forceful. 🙂

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
        TeenWritersNook.com

E. K. Seaver
        @e-k-seaver
          • Total Posts: 344

@issawriter7 actually that’s super helpful. I couldn’t really find any good perspective on wattpad, or Christian people with experience who had written about their experience on their blogs or anything. Do you know of any other sites similar to that where you can share your writing for fun and for feedback as a serialized story?

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
          ekseaver.wordpress.com

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

@e-k-seaver Wattpad…I’ve heard both good and bad things about it. My sister feels very strongly about it, making me swear never to post stuff on there, as she doesn’t want me to have a reputation as a Wattpad writer. I mean, I post my stuff on QiDian International (Webnovel) which is kind of the same thing, with a lot of bad content, and other sites like to pirate off of it, but it’s been okay. Still looking to publish traditionally, though.

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

Issabelle Perry
            @issawriter7
              • Total Posts: 976

@e-k-seaver
              I’m SUPER glad I could help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm….I don’t really know of anything like that, sadly. I think that’s one of the things that sets wattpad apart from other writing sites. What I do is publish chapters of one of my stories on my blog and ask for my readers to give feedback in the comments. There’s a suggestion. Sorry that’s all I got. You could google for other websites like that.

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
              TeenWritersNook.com

Abigail.M.
              @abigail-m
                • Total Posts: 1242

Yes, I agree with Issabelle. I tried to read something supposedly innocent there at one time, but it wasn’t very good. Wattpad has a lot of well… trash in it (not wanting to sound cruel at all), but Wattpad isn’t very professional or Christian.

I guess this post is a bit redundant to other posts. But it’s what I know about Wattpad.

I wish I could be more helpful in knowing of alternative places to publish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >