@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia If you have read the synopsis of The Pirates of Penzance I’ll give you links to some of my favorite versions of the songs from it. Otherwise, these are the three most popular Gilbert and Sullivan operettas:
- The Mikado
- HMS Pinafore
- The Pirates of Penzance
You will understand the songs much better if you read the synopses before…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, are you sure those are off limits???
More musicals?
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ahoy! I’m back again for a wee bit.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia I’d be happy to give you what you want – just as long as it’s not my tickets to Newsies – but I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking for? 😉 Did you read the synopsis in the link? Do you want more songs to listen to? Just let me know, dear friend, and I’ll get it to you as soon as possible! 😀
-
Alia replied to the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I just fixed it so you can comment on the document now.
@catwing, sounds good
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia I’d love to read it, but do you want the critique in comments on the document, or do you want it here on the forum?
-
Alia started the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
Hey y’all. I have the first three chapters on my novel done, and I was wondering if anyone could beta read them for me.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jE8pdrlJ6s3Ht0Mdq17jnMoGLGbV3q_GkpJFF3E88Ds/edit?usp=sharing
@catwing, @rochellaine, @whoever-else
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia You liked it?! Great! So, now why don’t you read the synopsis of that comic operetta? It’s here, if you want to read it, and it’s hilarious! Gilbert and Sullivan wrote many operettas in English, and I love them. If you end up liking them, you’ve got a whole bunch of new soundtracks to listen to! 😀
@catwing Thank you! 😀 Feathers and…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Looks like @dekreel already got to it 😀
Yep, that’s the pic. I really like that one 😀 The only differences are that Stan is bigger now (he’s still little, but he’s slightly larger than he was awhile ago) and also, I usually draw his head more angular and arrowhead-shaped, but I actually really like the way it is, too, so it doesn’t…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel, thank you. from my experience (as in talking to others), most former MKs go through this. though it might just be the ones I’ve talked to.
@seekjustice, thank you
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing….sorry, I kinda disappeared. my dad called me down for an easter video by Kyle Idleman, then we had to put the littles to bed.
I’m writing my kinda sorta fantasy book. trying to get to chapter six tonight, probably not gonna happen.
whats your blog?
-
Alia and
Jenna Terese are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’ll definitely be praying! Homesickness is horrible.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 Do you want a picture of mine if I can get one? Is there anything in specific to want me to draw? I also painted a castle picture if you want to use that.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Here are Sam and Stan. I drew them awhile back when they were originally going to be my MCs for the KPA.

@sam-kowal Feel free to point out any changes that need to be made for her to draw the cover
(She’s making a cover picture for Warren’s dog KP story 🙂 )
-
Joy replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Oh, I have a picture of Sam and Stan! Hang on…
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Wow, I had never heard of that before. Praying!
-
Skredder replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Hmm, that’s a possibility. And I will say that my alarm clock and my father have a really bad habit of waking me up at the biggest cliffhangers in my dreams. Have you ever had it where you are right on the edge of sleep, you are right there, and you’re already dreaming but you move in real life just like you did in the dream and wake up…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder, thank you
@jenwriter17, thank you. it might, or it might make it worse
- Load More
