PRAYER REQUESTS #2

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions PRAYER REQUESTS #2

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 843 total)
  • Author
    Alia
    @alia
      • Total Posts: 1253

@dekreel, thank you. from my experience (as in talking to others), most former MKs go through this. though it might just be the ones I’ve talked to.

@seekjustice
      , thank you

WIP - Decisions
      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@alia I’ll definitely be praying for you!  I can’t imagine what it would be like to have to move out of the country I’ve grown up in to go somewhere that the culture is very strange and different from what I’m used to!

May I give you a little encouragement?  God doesn’t mind if we’re different from others.  In fact, He created each one of us to be unique.  Sometimes being different can make you more effective than someone who is the same, since someone who fits in will often not be noticed at all.

That being said, I totally understand the trials of being different as well as the charms.  My dad’s family is from Pakistan, and since he’s the only Christian in his family, they all live in a very Middle Eastern Muslim culture here in America.  Because their culture is so different from the conservative Christian American culture we live in, I have to act very differently when visiting them.  Sometimes I do it right, and a few times I remember realizing that something was wrong – too late for me to fix it.  One thing I have found, though, is that knowing the Eastern culture, as you probably do, from living in China, helps understand the Bible in a way that someone reading it from simply the Western culture can’t really comprehend.  Especially since a majority of the Bible was originally written for Easterners.  Have you found this to be true in your family’s studies?

I don’t know if this will help at all, and if it doesn’t, just ignore it. 🙂  In fact, you’ve probably been over this in your head many times before, and me saying it sounds redundant.  But just know that I’m praying for you.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alia
        @alia

@rochellaine, thank you. I have thought about it that way, but you worded it differently.

and yes, there are things we understand differently in the bible from living in the North East.

WIP - Decisions

WarrenLuther04
          @warrenluther04
            • Total Posts: 270

Hello again. Awhile back, I put in a request about my inviting two friends and their families to the Easter Sunday service at my church. Well, I invited them, and if you all could pray that they actually go to that service that would be awesome! Thanks for praying with my earlier request!

@dragon-snapper
            @alia @rochellaine @dekreel @catwing @everyone-else-on-this-forum
            <p style=”text-align: center;”>:)</p>

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
            ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

WarrenLuther04
            @warrenluther04
              • Total Posts: 270

Oh. And that last line was supposed to be:

🙂

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
              ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice
                • Total Posts: 3365

@warrenluther04

That’s great news! I’ll definitely be praying that they come.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Skredder
                @skredder
                  • Total Posts: 527

@warrenluther04 I’m praying that they go to the service.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Alia
                  @alia

@warrenluther04, praying they’ll go

I have a request. Some of y’all might now this already, but I’m in a martial art called taekwondo. On April 7 I’m going to be testing for my black belt. Its a four hour test, and I was not gifted with endurance. so if y’all could pray that I will be able to keep up my endurance for the test, it would mean a lot.

WIP - Decisions

Hannah
                    @salome01w4g
                      • Total Posts: 991

@alia ooh will pray.. I sat in testing last month that was 4 hours long (my brothers are blue belts and I’m a white belt ..😋) Good luck girl!!

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Hannah
                      @salome01w4g
                        • Total Posts: 991

So this request could be my writing doom…

I’ve had a lot of rapid major changes in the past 6 months and more are up ahead. With everything that’s been on I’ve been contemplating quitting writing, the thought is a hard one since I’ve spent hours and hours on my first draft novella and on my two novels in progress. But I think God may be telling me to stop. I really need to figure this out. I am a member of YWW and since I’m or my parents are paying I need to know if I should quit or keep going. My life is a small train wreck since this move and I am very emotionally, physically, and spiritually run down. Every day seems like a fight not to let depression drag me down for another year of my life, and writing contributes to all my stress. May be I need a break maybe I need to say never again. Idk. Anyways prayers would awesome.

@catwing

@thatwritergirl_99

@winter-rose

@daeus

@daughteroftheking

@anyone else

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Hannah.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

The fledgling Artist
                        @notawriter
                          • Total Posts: 328

@salome01w4g I know you didn’t tag me, and you might not even really know me. But Ill be praying for you. It sounds like a really hard situation. It can be so hard to figure out where God wants you to go.. What he wants you to do, who he wants you to be. But he is able! I know he’s gonna get you through this. And my prayer is that you will be able to know that too.

And then… I guess I have a request too. (if nobody minds)
                          I’ve never really been a super relaxed, calm person. But lately I’ve just been feeling so anxious, not trusting God the way I should. Just a lot of restlessness in my soul.  So prayers for peace.. understanding, that I could just let go and trust him fully would be so special to me.
                          I always feel bad about tagging a bunch of people. I don’t want to be a bother. But who ever happens to be here anyways, your prayers would be appreciated so much.

and I was so confused

Skredder
                          @skredder

@salome01w4g I’m sorry, Hannah. That’s a difficult situation and I will be praying for you.

@alia
                            Congratulations on getting that far in Tae Kwon Do! I’ll be praying.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Skredder
                            @skredder

@notawriter I’m sorry. I know how you feel and it is not fun. I’m praying for you.

NC Stokes
                              @daughteroftheking
                                • Total Posts: 1156

@alia *gasps* Taekwondo is so cool!!! I’ll be praying for your testing.

@salome01w4g
                                I’m praying for you! No matter what God’s will is about your writing, I pray that He will give you peace with it.

@notawriter
                                I’m definitely praying! <3

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

NC Stokes
                                @daughteroftheking
                                  • Total Posts: 1156

Thank you everyone who prayed for me about my foot! The good news is that I didn’t have to get any shots (whew!) and that I’m feeling much better now. I still have to get the same almost-surgery-but-not-quite on my other foot, so please pray that it will go more smoothly this time.

Thanks! This thread is so encouraging!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 843 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >