A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen

• This topic has 204 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Joy.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@catwing  Here are Sam and Stan. I drew them awhile back when they were originally going to be my MCs for the KPA.

Sam Stan

@sam-kowal
        Feel free to point out any changes that need to be made for her to draw the cover

(She’s making a cover picture for Warren’s dog KP story 🙂 )

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ariel Ashira
      @ariel-ashira
        • Total Posts: 739

@warrenluther04 Do you want a picture of mine if I can get one?  Is there anything in specific to want me to draw?  I also painted a castle picture if you want to use that.

"In a mask, was he?"

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

@dekreel Thanks! That’s the picture on @sam-kowal ‘s page, right?
          I already found your picture at the beginning of this thread.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Catwing
          @catwing

@skredder Not really. If I jumped on a trampoline or rode a horse that day, as I fall asleep I may feel bouncy-ish. Like I’m jumping or posting (something you do on a horse). But it doesn’t wake me cause I’m not asleep yet. But if I move it stops. *shrug*

Sam Kowal
            @sam-kowal
              • Total Posts: 635

@catwing Looks like @dekreel already got to it 😀

Yep, that’s the pic. I really like that one 😀 The only differences are that Stan is bigger now (he’s still little, but he’s slightly larger than he was awhile ago) and also, I usually draw his head more angular and arrowhead-shaped, but I actually really like the way it is, too, so it doesn’t matter.

That’s cool that you’re making a cover 😀 Not only do we have Kapeefer Lit, we have Kapeefer Lit with cover designs XD

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
              Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Catwing
              @catwing

@sam-kowal Good.
                I’ll probably draw his head ‘more angular and arrowhead-shapped’ cause that’s how I imagine him. 🙂
                Yes, @warrenluther04 requested it a few pages back. When I’m done with this one I may draw one for myself.

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

@catwing @warrenluther04 I have not this ‘full picture’ of Dragon Snapper that you speak of.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

WarrenLuther04
                  @warrenluther04
                    • Total Posts: 270

@catwing *ponders* Maybe. *shrugs*

Yes he is. 🙂 It’s fine, it was awhile ago. Thanks, though! 🙂

Thanks. *thinks* Yep, Wonderment. 🙂 Oh, really? *gasps* Welp. I’ll try to fix that in later installments.

Hmm, okay. Ahh, that’s what happened! 😀

Yep. “Lucid dreaming,” one of the random scientific news articles I have read.

I might not have a full picture of my dog, but my profile picture is what I look like. 🙂 If you want though I can probably dig up a full-body picture of my dog. I have a lot. 🙂

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
                    ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine
                      • Total Posts: 3322

@ariel-ashira @notawriter I’m glad I was able to encourage you! 🙂

@dekreel
                      That is hilarious!  So…do you think the rest of the people in your dream got attacked by the terrorists after you woke up?  They’re like the people on the holodeck…oh, you haven’t watched enough TNG yet for me to explain. 🙁  When are you actually going to watch some more? 😀

@catwing
                      “I know something you don’t?” 😀

Oh, cliffhangers!  I try to get back into my dreams so many times after I wake up, just to see what happens!  Usually it’s either a really good dream or a horrible nightmare that I want to make sure ends well.  Sometimes I can re-enter them if I’m still sleepy enough, but if I woke up fully, I usually can’t.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

WarrenLuther04
                      @warrenluther04

A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen

Part 3: To Eskrey

Wind whistled in Warren’s ears as he bounded through Keeper Forest. He glanced to his right and saw Riddlewit gliding alongside him, occasionally pausing to check on the Griffin that was strapped to Warren’s back: Ezekiel, a KaPeeFer named FileWriter’s pet.

Soon, the border of the forest came into view, along with the buildings of Kapeeferton. Warren bolted through the streets packed with KaPeeFers until he came to the map of the Kingdom of Pen posted on a notice board.

“Riddlewit!” he panted. “We won’t make it to Eskrey in time to save Ezi! I can’t run all the way there with him on my back.” Warren slumped down and put his head between his paws. Riddlewit floated down to the ground, staring up at the map.

“You’re right,” the flying squirrel sighed. “It’s too far to carry Ezi all the way.” She paced the ground, her ears twitching thoughtfully. “But maybe you won’t have to….” She jumped up onto the notice board and climbed to the top. From there, she leapt into the air, circling higher and higher. Warren stared at her as she appeared to ponder something intently. Then, the queen floated back down.

“She’ll meet us here,” Riddlewit said mysteriously. “More specifically, at this fountain. Come on!” The squirrel began to walk away, but Warren darted in front of her.

“Wait!” he protested. “Who will meet us here?” Riddlewit sighed, exasperated.

“You’ll see when she arrives,” the queen replied. “She’s going to help us get Ezi to Eskrey.” With that, the flying squirrel walked over to the fountain and jumped up onto its low wall. “Now, let’s get Ezi off of your back. He should have some water before the next stage of our journey.” Warren sighed, realizing that he wouldn’t be getting answers out of Riddlewit anytime soon, and padded over to the fountain. As Riddlewit loosened the straps securing the Griffin to his back, Warren realized how much they had been cutting into his stomach and sides and gave a sigh of relief. As the weight of the young Griffin was removed from his back, his back legs gave out and he slumped onto his haunches. As he began to lap at the water in the fountain, a small dust cloud in the distance caught his attention. He cocked his head to one side, but flinched when Riddlewit leapt onto his head.

“Ah,” the flying squirrel smiled. “Here she is.” The dust cloud grew larger and larger until Warren could see what was creating it. When he did, he gasped.

As Warren and Riddlewit looked on, a majestic centaur galloped into the center of Kapeeferton. The centaur had black hair, green eyes, and a black tail. She was an Arabian-Grey centaur, and carried a bow, a quiver of arrows, a sword and its scabbard, and two knife scabbards strapped to her body. As she neared the fountain, she eased to a stop and threw back her hair.

“Greetings, Queen Riddlewit of the Flying Squirrels,” the centaur said. “What do you need?” The centaur’s voice was oddly musical, and as she spoke Warren felt a consciousness brush up against his.

“Hello, Alia,” Riddlewit replied. “Have you met Warren?” The centaur, Alia, turned to face Warren. Warren gave his tail a couple of tentative wags.

“Hello, Warren,” Alia greeted. “Hmm, another Golden Retriever. You should meet Skredder….” At this, Warren gasped. There were other Golden Retrievers in the Kingdom of Pen? As he prepared to ask the centaur, Riddlewit interrupted him.

“Alia, we need your help,” the flying squirrel said. “Ezi, FileWriter’s Griffin, is in desperate need of medical attention and we need to get him to Eskrey as fast as possible.” Alia bent down to the fountain to look at the poor Griffin, a concerned look in her eyes.

“Yes, I see,” the centaur replied. “Is it the Evil in the Treacle Mountains?” Riddlewit nodded sadly.

“He must have flown too close to the opening of the cave,” the squirrel said. “He often flies through the Keeper Forest. Can you get him to Eskrey?” Alia nodded, and carefully kneeled to the floor, folding her powerful horse legs underneath her.

“Strap him to my back,” the centaur ordered. “There should be a spot near the middle that should be fine, anywhere else and he’ll be poked by my sword or bow or knives.” Warren helped Riddlewit ease Ezi onto Alia’s back and tightened the straps.

“Get him there as fast as you can, Alia,” Riddlewit pleaded, her tail swishing anxiously. “We’ll meet you in Eskrey.” Alia stood, the muscles of her horse body rippling as she adjusted to the added weight.

“I won’t stop running until I reach Castle Regnis,” the centaur vowed. With that, she galloped off into the distance, a trail of dust in her wake. Warren staggered to his paws and looked over to Riddlewit.

“Shouldn’t we be going, too?” Warren asked the flying squirrel queen. “We’re supposed to go to Eskrey too, right?” Riddlewit glanced at him and nodded. As she was about to speak, Catwing materialized in front of him.

“King Daeus has been alerted,” the Cheshire Catwing informed them. “Where’s Ezi?”

“Alia is taking him to Eskrey,” Riddlewit replied. “We wouldn’t have been able to get him there in time, but she can.” Catwing nodded, flying down to the fountain wall. “How’s FileWriter taking it?”

“She’s taking it better than I expected,” Catwing said, “but it’s a hard fact to face.”

“This evil has taken far too many innocent KaPeeFers for it to be left unnoticed for much longer,” a Voice said. “We must stop it!” Warren, Catwing, and Riddlewit turned to see….

Starring:

@warrenluther04

Ezi the Griffin

Riddlewit, Queen of the Flying Squirrels of the Kingdom of Pen

@alia

@catwing

The Voice

With References To:

@filewriterbase13x

@skredder

@daeus

Tags:

@rochellaine
                        @kate-flournoy @allison-grace @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira @supermonkey42 @filewriterbase13x @that_writer_girl_99 @ingridrd @everyone-else-that-I-forgot-to-tag

Alia
                        @alia
                          • Total Posts: 1253

@warrenluther04…who did they see? who did they see? villain? ally? traitor? hero? WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO US???

Riddlewit is probably my favorite character. And Warren’s reaction to there being another retriever was funny. He didn’t even get to find out more about @skredder.

WIP - Decisions
                          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

WarrenLuther04
                          @warrenluther04

Oh, @ariel-ashira , I’d ask @catwing , since she’s doing the cover for me. 🙂 But a castle??? Is it Regnis? 😀 *runs around in circles and chases tail* Yes! Send it!

WarrenLuther04
                            @warrenluther04

@alia Hmmm…who do they see? *swishes tail mysteriously* *knocks over book* And sorry. I just really like cliffhangers…. 😉

She’s one of my favorites, too. 😀 Yup. But will he?

Alia
                              @alia
                                • Total Posts: 1253

@warrenluther04, I knew mentioning my suspense was a bad idea

WIP - Decisions
                                Kapeefer til we're old and grey

WarrenLuther04
                                @warrenluther04

@alia 😅

Sorry…. But I should have Part 4 done by the end of the week-ish, so you hopefully won’t have to wait for long! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 205 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >