@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose It’s about a girl who loses her family when she’s six. After ten years of living as a thief she gets caught stealing from the royal family, a crime punishable by death. However, they give her the option of becoming the queen’s handmaiden or execution. The problem, she blames the royal family for the death of her family and hates them…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Does that mean you don’t like any music with beats on the 2 and the 4? Or you just dislike guitar-based rock?
XD It’s intriguing to see someone describe a musician like Elvis as a new rock style, because usually I think of him as super old rock. That made me chuckle, but he was a new style for the time
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Oh, that sounds cool!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose I’m working on Clouded Fury. What about you?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 6 months ago
@leumeister Woooow…. that is so awesome. That high squeaky melody on Mach 11! It’s chill as ice but it also sounds playful and emotional. I also like how 2nd Chances sounds electronic, but also organic. XD I sorta wish I could buy the track to support you, but bandcamp doesn’t accept cash….
Hmm, the Linux MultiMedia Studio looks pretty…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Ahoy! I’m writing too. 🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
Characters can be super tough. After all, it’s like trying to create your own little person, and make them seem real, with nothing but letters. I’ve had a lot of trouble with characters at times, too, and often mine would come off as dry or boring.
But yes, despite that, I do still get excited about characters! Characters can…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@skye I apologize for pelting you with questions without answering them for me too. 🙂 I am fifteen and we live in Missouri even though we are moving.  What book are you writing, and what is your main character’s name?  My book I am working on (the most prominent one anyway) is called “Mahinia”, and the main character is a girl named Mahinia.  …[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@skye Neat!  I like drawing horses and people too.  Your profile picture is cute. 🙂  Where do you live?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@aratrea Where can I find that sheet on Story Embers?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Wonderful!!!  😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah, no worries! Those things can be annoying!
Okay, that is the coolest idea I’ve heard in forever. I think you should write it if you want to! The thing about Robin Hood is that there are a lot of Robin Hood books but not so many retellings, as in making a purposeful (and shocking!) twist to the story. I can only think of one R…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily, I have a very interesting style of either I completely plan out the book, or just have a vague idea and go with the flow. there is no in between for me until I have gotten father into it.
I have found it easiest to not outline in the beginning, but as the story progresses to jot down your ideas. But that might just be me
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin Also, here’s a link to a songwriting topic we had here awhile ago
   https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/the-kingdom-pen-songwriting-corner/
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@supermonkey42 😀 Yep. And Stan sings them. It’s hard on the ears, believe me
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin I have some experience writing songs and such, but I’m definitely no expert. I actually barely know anything about any real songwriting ‘rules’ I just go from what I like to write personally. I’d love to give you any help I can. Do you want to post your songs, or a link to them?
-
Alia replied to the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira, my plan is to have it done by June. So be on the lookout then for a way to read it then
-
Daeus replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I use K.M.Wieland’s outlining system for outlining my novel. I only do basic outlines of chapters when I come to them. I also keep a long bullet list of random ideas for my story and many of these ideas end up getting woven into the plot.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I love outlining (or, at least I love how it works for me) and I don’t think I know anybody who has tried outlining and been disappointed by it. I also know a couple people who have tried outlining and been happy they did.
At the same time, I don’t recommend outlining everything. Your story needs room to evolve. If you outline too deeply, you’ll…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@gh24682468999 I use a character questionnaire sheet I made up that used to be on KP and is currently on the Story Embers site. For me, a lot of a character has to do with asking enough questions about them to boil them down to three central qualities about who they are as a person. Once I have a set core for the character, it’s easier for me to…[Read more]
- Load More
