Character Song Swap

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Character Song Swap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    filewriter@base13x
    @filewriterbase13x
      • Total Posts: 110

Dear Kingdom Penners,

I am not sure if this has already been done, and I was too lazy to look. Anyways, one of the things I like about writing is obsessing about it. I make collages, draw pictures of my characters, and choose songs. I am here about the “choose songs” part. I am not sure if you all are like this too, but I love it when I can find songs and music that is perfect for my book.

So, I’ll get this started. Do any of you know of any good sci-fi music? I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with. 🙂

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

Catwing
      @catwing
        • Total Posts: 2557

@filewriterbase13x
        Umm… Big hero six film score. Except I’m satisfied with my care. It is too sad. NO BAYMAX! *cough*
        What do you mean by sci-fi music? Electronica (that is a genre right?)?
        Are you asking what our playlists for our characters are? I only have a few lyrical lists. Working on the instrumental some. *kitty cat eyes* <—(More effective than puppy dog eyes cause they hack your brain. First the internets! Then the world! :3)

Anyway I shall tag some people.

@dragon-snapper
        @rochellaine @supermonkey42 @perfectfifths @leumeister @alia

@jane-maree
        @ingridrd @daughteroftheking @jenwriter17

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Joy
        @dekreel
          • Total Posts: 2304

@filewriterbase13x  Look up the music for the short film “Tears of Steel.” While it wouldn’t necessarily be consistent with one character, it’s some pretty good stuff 🙂

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
          @dekreel

@filewriterbase13x  … Or WALL-E. WALL-E’s great, too. XD

Let’s see, what else… OH! Halo!! The Halo music is AWESOME. No, I don’t play the game, I just listen to the soundtrack. I think the Halo music would be better as background music, but I guess it could more or less suffice for character music anyways.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

@filewriterbase13x If you want sci-fi music, I’ve got to say that nearly all Star Trek music is amazing!  As for specific ones under that huge selection I will say that TNG’s opening theme has a very mysteriously beautiful beginning, VOY’s theme is beautiful, and the theme from Star Trek Into Darkness is…really cool. 😀  Those are just a few of them, though, and I like them all. 😉

So what we’re supposed to do here is describe our characters and ask for songs/music that will work with them?  Sort of like the Art Exchange topic?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Leumeister
              @leumeister
                • Total Posts: 244

@filewriterbase13x (Interesting username, by the way)

I can think of some film and game soundtracks that are Sci-fi enough, and either incorporate electronic parts or are entirely electronic.. TRON, TRON: Legacy, Portal 2, and FTL: Faster Than Light.

@dekreel

Tears of Steel!?? A BLENDER OPEN MOVIE!!! 😀

@rochellaine

Star Trek is a good source for more orchestral scores. Deep Space 9 is a good one to look at as well. It has a really good opening.

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine
                  • Total Posts: 3322

@leumeister I don’t watch DS9 very often, so I kind of forgot about that theme.  I have the title music from each series saved on my phone, though, so I just listened to it and remember it now.  You’re right, it’s great!

Yeah, I prefer orchestral music. I don’t like electronic sounds really at all. 😉  Though I have heard and enjoyed a few pieces where the electronic sounds were incorporated into more standard arrangements with normal instruments.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jane Maree
                  @jane-maree
                    • Total Posts: 909

@filewriterbase13x

The sci fi music I often listen to is Transformers soundtracks and Halo soundtracks. 😀

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

filewriter@base13x
                    @filewriterbase13x
                      • Total Posts: 110

Thank you, @catwing, @dekreel, @rochellaine, @leumeister, and @jane-maree. You all have given me so many options! Thank you. I desperately needed more background music. Ten songs is simply not enough. 🙂

Well, @rochellaine, I mean that you can either ask for music soundtracks for your WIP or a lyrical song for a character. Yes, king of like the Character art exchange. Are you thinking of any thing/character in particular?

What about you, @livgiordano? Do you want to ask these KPers for songs on PS, TBA, or PH? Or is it TPH?

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

Leumeister
                      @leumeister
                        • Total Posts: 244

@rochellaine

You don’t like electronic? Huh… Well, I suppose it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I enjoy and even write electronic music… And orchestral as well… Kind of… I sometimes blend both electronic and orchestral (mostly the strings) together. I could shoot you the links to the two tracks that I’ve released (both are heavily electronic, though the second is electronic/orchestral) if you want.

@filewriterbase13x

You’re welcome. ^_^ Glad I could help add to your…repertoire? Roster? Playlist? XD (It’s totally the latter)

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17
                          • Total Posts: 2522

@catwing Oh my word did you cry in Big Hero Six too?! 🙁 ah, Baymax…..

@filewriter13x I loooooove to listen to Audiomachine music, it’s like music from epic movies. For my current dystopian WIP, I like their album Chronicles. So. Epic. I can’t rave enough about those songs.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                          www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                          @jenwriter17
                            • Total Posts: 2522

oops….@filewriterbase13x

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                            www.jennaterese.com

Joy
                            @dekreel

@leumeister  Yes! My family likes blender. Personally I don’t really like the Tears of Steel short because it makes absolute NO sense. Once I get someone to explain everything to me then I’ll probably like it better… but the music is AWESOME.

Have you seen Big Buck Bunny? Or the Llama shorts? Have you played Yo Frankie?

@filewriterbase13x
                                You’re welcome!! Glad I could help

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice
                                • Total Posts: 3365

@filewriterbase13x

I don’t listen to a lot of sci-fi instrumental music, but I really like the soundtrack for The Flash tv show. It’s very good 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Sam Kowal
                                @sam-kowal
                                  • Total Posts: 635

@filewriterbase13x Unspecial Effects by Deadmau5 is a really cool piece of electronic/sci-fi music with a metallic/industrial feel. It reminds me of something that would be good for a fierce but also complex character

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >