Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    J.A. Penrose
    @jess-penrose
      • Total Posts: 377

@skredder Novel called Eyes of the Future (Name is still on probation.)

Writer | Freelance Editor
      Inspiration&lt

Skredder
      @skredder
        • Total Posts: 527

@jess-penrose Oh, that sounds cool!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

J.A. Penrose
        @jess-penrose

@skredder What’s Clouded Fury about?

Inspiration&lt

Skredder
          @skredder

@jess-penrose It’s about a girl who loses her family when she’s six. After ten years of living as a thief she gets caught stealing from the royal family, a crime punishable by death. However, they give her the option of becoming the queen’s handmaiden or execution. The problem, she blames the royal family for the death of her family and hates them with a passion.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

J.A. Penrose
            @jess-penrose

@skredder Niiice! That sounds similar to something I vaguely tried writing a while back. Minus the nice option.

Inspiration&lt

Skredder
              @skredder

@jess-penrose Thanks! For the most part it’s coming along nicely. Of course, it’s a little hard to write with the tv on in the room. 🙂

J.A. Penrose
                @jess-penrose

@skredder Ack no. That’s no good. BANISH THE DISTRACTIONS! *realises that me talking to you is probably as distraction.* Well, I actually need to go to my next class, (don’t worry, this one was a free in which I have nothing else to do thanks to being organised for once) But I will probably return at some point later in the day.

As it is, I managed to write exactly 1 200 words, so yay! I’ve nearly caught up with what the graph says I should be at!

Anyways, farewell!

Inspiration&lt

Skredder
                  @skredder

@jess-penrose Good luck on your class! And congratulations on the words you got in. Unfortunately, I can’t banish this distraction. I’m currently in a hotel room with other people. The best I’ve got is my back is to the tv and my earbuds are on high (not devastatingly high). 🙂

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice
                      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Are you around yet?? I’m in need of emotional encouragement.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine
                        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Oh my!  Yes, I’m around. 🙂  What do you need to be encouraged about?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Well, you remember how I’m doing a talk for my youth group tonight? Well, I had two handwritten copies of my notes and I was copying it out so that I could actually read it (because my handwriting is super terrible). Unfortunately, with the exception of notes numbers 1 and 2, the rest have blown away upon the autumn winds.

Which means I have half an hour to rewrite the entire thing.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh my goodness!  I’m so sorry!! I’m praying for you.

What’s the topic?  (Only answer if you feel like you have time… 😉 )

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

It’s annoying, but kind of funny at the same time. I’d just remarked to my little sister a little while before hand that the most romantic meetcute I could think of would be a girl getting her notes blown away and then gallantly collected by a gentleman. whereupon she would be so grateful she would fall in love instantly.

Unfortunately, now my notes have blown away and there have been no romantic encounters. I’m simultaneously watching ATOTC though, so that makes everything a little better.

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Oh, and I’m doing Romans 5:1-5 and talking about hope! Using books, of course, as illustrations.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Haha!  I’ve always loved that “meet cute” too.  It’s one of the closest ways you could realistically expect to be rescued since we don’t have dragons anymore. 😛

Oh, yes.  Musicals tend to make everything better. 🙂

Is it going okay?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >