-
MineralizedWritings posted an update 2 years, 5 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @whalekeeper@loopylin @lightoverdarkness6
Getting close to the end of the school year! Does anyone want to share one good thing about this year and one thing they are looking forwards to for the summer?
One good thing about this year is I feel like I’ve learned a lot about myself, and one thing I’m looking forwards to is even…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 5 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed Ooh, I love the idea so far!! I want to see more now, I love AU’s like these.
Speaking of which, I have a combination AU where each fictional universe I like is a different species of creature. The Marvel characters have cat ears and tails and are the fastest runners. Their homeworld is called Furion, after Director Fury…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 5 months ago
That was actually my original idea… 😏 I might try it. I definitely agree that it could be really powerful.
We’ll see where the story takes me I guess. I’ll probably try writing it sometime soon. Maybe next month? Although I’m gonna be working on a different WIP over the summer. The plot takes place during the school year, b…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom @theducktator @whalekeeper @freed_and_redeemed
Sorry I’ve been MIA, I had family from out of state staying with us because my great-grandfather passed away and the funeral was yesterday… but I’m back for a little bit before I leave for work!
On the topic of Baptists/non-demoninationals: Maybe I’m just stereotyping Baptists, but…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Here’s the thing about being Non-Denominational…you kinda agree with various denominations 😂
See, the pastor of my church was raised Baptist but became Pentacostal through the influence of his wife (who was raised Pentecostal) and together they started a Non-Denominational church.
So yes, I do identify with some Pen…
-
Liberty replied to the topic Looking for feedback on my first book! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 5 months ago
@esther
Sorry, everyone!
Thank you, Trailblazer, for helping me!
Here is the link to read my book:
file:///Users/barrydurmaz/Downloads/Into%20the%20Mind%20of%20Liberty/IntotheMindofLiberty.html
Make sure you copy the entire line.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
So your sounding more and more Pentecostal to me Freedom, would you say you identify with that at all? Pentecostals main deal is always seeking to be in attunement with the Holy Spirit, acting purely with His will, letting your own will go. Essentially if it feels right, it is right type stuff.
I honestly like Pentecostals,…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
many denominational churches I have seen/heard of hold so firmly to their church doctrine and some even place it above the authority of the Bible.
I’ve wondered why some churches don’t have a liturgy. I guess it’s to avoid this. In our church, we take tradition, liturgy, and the church history very seriously, but we don’t place…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Sorry Y’all, disappeared for a bit.
Ty for understanding and for your kindness <3
I’m still here to kindly discuss things if anyone would like, just not for debate 😊
♥
We believe baptism is not necessary for salvation and life in heaven, though obviously you should be baptized if at all possible. Some i…
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I’m not saying all do. What I am saying is that BECAUSE I’m Non-Denominational, we don’t have a set doctrine besides the Bible.
Oki :] I think every denomination/non-denomination has churches that drift towards different priorities, regardless of whether or not they call their priority a doctrine. I think we can agree it just…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
1. Biblical authority: Scripture is the ultimate guide for faith and practice.
2. Autonomy of the local church: Each church is self-governing and independent.
3. Priesthood of all believers: Every Christian has direct access to God without mediation.
4. Two ordinances: They practice believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Sup… -
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
This past Sunday, we didn’t even have a sermon because our pastor felt God lead him to not do so even though he wanted to preach so bad!
What did you do then?? 🤣 Not to be that terrible person, but maybe he forgot his sermon notes…? Or was tired?
That probably sounds so rude of me since I don’t know him 😅
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
We don’t have special things we do during service, other than communion that we have on occasion, sermons, worship, etc.
I went to a church at a camp recently that I think was Non-Denominational. It was fun, but I was kind of confused by the lack of structure. XD
We do instruments, we do singing, we believe in speaking in t…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
☹️ Hope you feel better! I tend to stay up way too late when I’m sick too, but I’ve never stayed up all night before. I am both horrified and impressed.
we sing a mean acapella.
Lol. We were acapella for years, but now we have a flutist.
@trailblazer @freed_and_redeemed
Youth group sounds fun. Our church only has three teens, two…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I would agree with you on the point of baptism. All of the examples of baptism I can think of in the Bible are adults who have chosen to believe in the Messiah.
♥
After some prayer and some reflection, I kindly request that we leave this debate where it stands.
I’ve been thinking on it too much, and truthfully g…
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom @theducktator @freed_and_redeemed @trailblazer
I am interested in this and I was ready to talk. Alas, I caught a nasty bug ten minutes after my last comment – no joke, I felt it wash over me super quickly – and I have a tendency to stay up all night whenever I’ve caught something.
Sooo I’ve been up for more than twenty-four hours…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I’m also non-denominational. My church used to be considered a Mennonite church but back in the 80s or 90s the leadership decided to split off because of disagreements of theology. My dad said one time a visitor described our church as “Menno-matic”, lol, a mixture of Mennonite and charismatic.
-
Liberty started the topic Looking for feedback on my first book! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 5 months ago
@esther
Hi everyone!
I’ve not been on KP in a while…I kind of forgot about it during life, but recently I’ve steadily worked on my first-ever printed book! I didn’t say published, because I’m not publishing it. At least, not yet. Currently,…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper @trailblazer @freed_and_redeemed
Pastor kids unite! XD And what’s a Youth Pastor? I’ve heard the term, but I don’t know what it means.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 5 months ago
Oh, poor Felix! I hope he gets a redemption arc. Frida is awful.
- Load More

Ah, messed up the tags. @whalekeeper @loopylin ^^
I guess my one good thing about this year is that I haven’t been in school. 😅 I’ve had a lot more freedom and energy to help my family around the house and work on creative stuff since graduating.
And I’m really looking forward to going swimming! I just want to go float in a lake and look for cool rocks so much
@loopylin
Oh that’s great! Your school must end early. Nice! I used to be really into rock collecting too.