@felicity
Active 4 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 812
-
TheLoonyOne replied to the topic Hi I’m new… in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
Hello! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m theloonyone
Hmm… Poetry. I’ve written a little bit of poetry, but most of it I will never ever share. 😐 I’d love to see some of yours if you’d like to share, though!
Anyway, newbie questions!
1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?
2. Stranded on an island. If you…[Read more]
-
Charityanne replied to the topic Hi I’m new… in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
1 yes snakes are cool ( can be dangerous but still 😏)
2 I have no current poetry project. ( I tend to have an idea and write it all at one time.)
3 The most meaningful? Well the back story wouldn’t make a lot of sense to anyone but myself if you didn’t already know it but probably The Gentleman. ( The only one I’ve posted yet)
4 Some of both…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Awww!!! Oh my goodness!! Your poor ‘K’ boys!! (That sounds like a music group. “The K Boys” XDXD)
Yep! My poor K boys. A band? I suppose they are a K-pop band then 😂 ok this is getting ridiculous and embarrassing. They would all hate that very much. Keiryn might manage ok though.
I love L names, so it’s fine! K names are…
-
Light replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, siblings. I’m that sibling XD my sister isn’t super annoying, but I am. In a good way though XD I tease her about guys on a frequent basis. 😂🤣
LOLOL!!! That’s my little brother. He teases me all the time too. But when I tease him about a girl, he gets all quiet and embarrassed it’s SO STINKIN CUTE!!! XDXD
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks!
Yeah, I’m actually a little concerned about that. Book 1 is Tauren and Leesli, book 2 Layson and Maylee, book 3 Kaine, kendrick and Everly. I don’t want readers to go “what happened to T and L” . They show up frequently in book 3 and maybe late book 2, but I haven’t figured out any further character arcs for them. Book 1 is the…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Awww!!! Oh my goodness!! Your poor ‘K’ boys!! (That sounds like a music group. “The K Boys” XDXD)
I love L names, so it’s fine! K names are cool too :).
That’s so awesome. And you came up with that last night??! Wow!! I can’t wait to read it. XDXD
(I’m gonna go finish reading your chapters that you’ve posted of your book…bye) XD
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Ah. (maybe I should go reread the previous chapter) Layson strikes me as a character who tends to slightly worry over things but is trying to train himself out of that, if this is actually the case, then maybe let his imagination run wild, and being kicked out being one of the possibilities (in his mind)?
Hm idk. Layson is very…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh, you’re fine!! XDXD Just was checking ;). Maybe we can talk
raveabout our characters/books/spoilers later :).Aww!! That’s cool you’re teaching youth. If we went to the same church, maybe you would be my teacher! I’m in Youth at my church. Have fun!
If I’m not on later tonight, I’ll be on tomorrow, around 3-4 central time, a…[Read more]
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Thank you!! XD
You’re most welcome! =)
Yes yes! That’s book 2 stuff, but in roleplays I have him as a later character. He’s 17 rn, and his life…uh…changes a lot in the next while… no spoilers! XD he becomes a very young dad, because Maylee is adopted. A lot happens lol.
OHHHHHHHH that makes so much more sense. XD
Oh yeah… I’m…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
SAME. XD I actually didn’t realize I was writing characters with these conditions until I was diagnosed myself and saw a lot of similarities with my characters.
Yep. It happens a lot to me! 😆
Sounds cool!
Thanks!
Girl this sounds great! *excited claps* And about the trigger warnings, you’re fine, don’t worry about it unles…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Thank you!!! I’m super excited for ya’ll to see what’s going to happen! (Not that I have it all figured out yet 😅🤣) and thanks for reading, It means a lot to me that you guys want to spend you time that way!
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
I gotta be careful what I share here, with the trigger warnings and stuff XD I
The sharing was mostly about if people put links on here to other things that explain what they’re talking about. As for talking about your characters, you’re welcome to share whatever you what, but you can add trigger warnings if you think it needs…[Read more]
-
TheLoonyOne replied to the topic Hello humans (I hope) in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
Hey! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
I’m theloonyone and I think I’m human…
And yeah, free is my favorite thing too
Anyway, some newbie questions!
1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?
2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
*party noises* *standing ovation* *a literal round of applause/claps in a circle*
Thank you!! XD
– You’ve mentioned a couple times (I don’t remember if it was in this draft or not) that Layson is a dad. But in this draft, Layson is living at his mom’s house, and I don’t hear mentions of his daughter. So… is this when he’s a kid? (This is…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh! That’s interesting about your characters. It’s basically all my oc Kaine for me. Ok also Kieryn. Kendrick is the worst off, but his plot is directly tied to Kaines. Book 3 is basically a whole plot around mental health and healing. I like to think my books get slightly more serious with each, although dystopian, book one is…[Read more]
-
TheLoonyOne replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
milo
They sat under Aurivis’s wing, waiting for the rain to stop falling. Feather and Crosshair we’re getting more comfortable, but Milo still sat a safe distance away. He wasn’t quite sure about the… dragon. It hadn’t eaten them or anything, but it was huge and seemed perfectly fine with killing whoever owns this place in…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@lightoverdarkness6 so sorry!! For once in ma life I wasn’t on 😂
I was taking a nap and now I’m headed to church where I’m gonna be teaching youth tonight and such, but afterwards I’ll be on! I hope others will be too
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic Resources for Writing Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Cool! Yeah, even if it doesn’t have a ‘label’ you’re still welcome to talk about their struggles. =)
Thanks, just saw a commonality and thought it’d be interesting to talk about it.
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
I share chapters of my wip here (Afterthoughts” working title) occasionally (perhaps you’ve already read it and I didn’t know XD) if you are interested, I’ll keep tagging you. Critiques are welcome! Id recommend starting at the beginning if you feel like reading, no pressure though!
I have been reading it and enjoying it!
[Read more] -
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm doing CWW this year. Is anyone else doing it? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh nice! Overcome is the one you posted some chapters of, right? I love the siblings in that one!
I’m probobly working on my main WIP, but I might do some book 3 scenes that have been on my mind lately.
- Load More
