Hi I’m new…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi I’m new…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Charityanne
    @charityanne
      • Total Posts: 36

Introduction (I guess)

About myself?…my name is Charityanne, I’m 19 (almost 20) I love to dance and be creative.
      I started writing Peoms a few years ago, I write about reality, and beauty in nature mostly.

I don’t know anyone who writes poetry sooo… I hope I can find like minded people here.😊

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2803

@charityanne

Hello hello!

Dance is awesome! I’ve always kinda wanted to learn… but lol never got around to it. I’m mineralizedwritings, writer, artist, and maker of comicy thingys. We do have a little bit of poetry going on here sometimes! I write dystopian ya, but have recently tried working on a song on of the characters in my story will sing. I’m pretty new to it, it’s a song about the history of my world, and It’s uh… a work in progress. That’s about the most poetry I’ve done!

A couple newbie questions:

1. Are snakes cool?

2. what was your largest poetry project?

3. What is the most meaningful piece of poetry you have made?

4. Do you write rhyming poems or free verse?

5. Favorite rhyme pattern to use?

(I mean like aabbccdd that kinda thing)

Welcome and hope you like it here! 🙂

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
        @loopylin
          • Total Posts: 2064

@charityanne

Hello, I’m Loopy. I like writing a lot of genres, but mostly fantasy. I love poetry, but I’ve only done a little bit myself, and they were made to be songs or prophecies in my stories.

I like your name. Is it at all based off of Anne of Green Gabels?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Orielle2023
          @orielle21
            • Total Posts: 173

@charityanne

Hi!! Welcome to KP!! You have a lovely name and dancing??!!! 😍😍😍 Do you have any poems about birds?

I’m a homeschool graduate. Right now I’m working full time as a barista but I am still trying to find time to write. I write stories mostly but every once in a very great while I will get inspired and write a poem. I find I have to write it all in one sitting…otherwise I loose steam.

For some newbie questions….

1). What is your favorite bird?
            2). What is your dream job?
            3). What is your favorite movie?

4). Do you read Tolkien?

If you plan to share your poetry here, I am looking forward to it!

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Esther
            @esther-c
              • Total Posts: 3224

@charityanne

Welcome, welcome!!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amatuer writer!!

It’s so cool that you write poetry!! I write poetry from time to time, but my main focus is books! My WIP is a YA dystopian trilogy; then I have ideas for a his-fic, biblical fiction, and contemporary.

Questions!

1. Favorite movie?

2. Because you write poetry, do you have a favorite Psalm? Why is it you favorite?

3. What is your favorite song to dance to?

4. Favorite beverage?

Again, welcome!! We’re so glad you’re here!! See ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3224

Imma tag some other Keepers to say hi!

@freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6 @godlyfantasy12 @theloonyone @starofthenorth @felicity @arien @keilah-h @otherworldlyhistorian @folith-feolin @sarafini

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Folith-Feolin
                @folith-feolin
                  • Total Posts: 310

Hello

I’m Folith-Feolin the brother of @otherworldlyhistorian. I am a public school student (grade 10) and an identical twin (my twin being the above-mentioned brother). I like quizbowl, odd trivia, board/card/dice games, and reading. I am working on a Lovecraftian adventure/mystery WIP and a board game. Although I do help out with worldbuilding and write poems/songs as well as the Appendix of my brother’s main WIP the Karvian Anthology (https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/wip-idea-still-making-outline-for-kharvia-anthology-s1b1/).

Questions:

What is your favorite Edgar Allen Poe poem?
                  What is your favorite board game?
                  Schlieffen plan or no Schlieffen plan?
                  Favorite poem/ballad put to music?

Elanor
                  @elanor
                    • Total Posts: 186

@charityanne

Hello! I’m known as Elanor round here! I’m a Jesus loving Canadian homeschool graduate (18) who listens to wayy to much music, keeps herself ridiculously busy with her full time job, home life, and volunteering with several church ministries every week, and spends what little time she has left reading or on Goodreads. Thus I’ve been on a bit of a KP hiatus the last few months; but welcome!

Ive always loved the idea of dance but the reality… my skills are quite lacking and to be desired. Lol

But I LOVE writing poetry! Although other than the Bible’s poems, nursery rhymes, and the ones required for school I can’t say I’ve read any poetry at all di I’m not even sure where I picked it up to be honest. Do you have any certain style or rhyme patterns? What prompted you to start writing poems? I found when I’m feeling any sort of extreme emotion that’s when a poem will come to my head and I’ll almost always finish the whole thing in one day and then spend the next week or so polishing it up.
                    I write poems on practically everything in life. I’m currently in a writing block and have the first few lines of 3-4 poems all waiting upon me to finish them. I did publish one of my poems on KP quite a while back. And, I believe, @power quite enjoys poetry as well but I can’t think of anyone others at the moment.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Power
                    @power
                      • Total Posts: 292

@charityanne

poems

oh poems

those wonderful words

we wind them

and bind them

sounds slipping

we heard

smooth syllables sliding

together colliding

twisting and tying

spilling and flying

around up and down

them suddenly

a halt

it comes to a stop

we wake with a jolt

You will love what you spend time with.

Elishavet Pidyon
                      @elishavet-pidyon
                        • Total Posts: 1014

@charityanne

Greetings and welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’m called Elishavet around here and I write… A bunch of randomness really. Realistic medieval fantasy is what genre I place my WIPs, but nonfiction and poetry are never too far off.

Although poetry is usually much closer.

I’m thrilled to meet another poetry lover! Nature is a beautiful subject.

I’m not sure what my poetry is usually about, but I think recently it’s been more over a thought or little lesson ai want to teach myself. I used to write a lot about nature, with one of my favorite poems being about an early morning in the Spring. Now I often use it as symbolism or a mood setter.

Now, a few questions, if I may?

1. Do you prefer rhyming poetry or not or do you not care? (I recently wrote an entire several stanza poem that doesn’t rhyme AT ALL. It bugs the daylights out of me.) …annnnd Mineral already asked that, but I’m curious! (But I can read your response to her and save you the trouble of saying it twice. 😉 )
                        2. Do you prefer to write on paper or on a screen? (I usually write them first on my phone ’cause it’s readily accessible, but I like to write them down after they’re polished so they don’t get lost as easily.)
                        3. Which would you rather: always have the taste of peanut butter in your mouth, or always smell shrimp?
                        4. Do you consider Shirt Tailed Syrian Hamsters to be cute pets?
                        5. And lastly, what is your favorite thing in Nature to write about?

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 76

@charityanne

Hello! My name is Caitlyn, and I love reading, writing, science, and Jesus! I write a little poetry, but it’s not very good. Actually I submitted some to KP but I haven’t heard back yet.

Some questions!!

1. What’s your favorite food?

2. Favorite poetry theme to portray?

3. Favorite animal?

Welcome again!

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h
                            • Total Posts: 3879

@charityanne Hello there! You have a nice name, it’s interesting! (I have an interesting name too, so…..)

You don’t have to answer if this makes you uncomfortable, but is that your real name or a pen name?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Felicity
                            @felicity
                              • Total Posts: 811

@charityanne

Hi! I’m Felicity, a wannabe published author, homesteader and follower of Jesus. I am currently writing novels, but I have written poetry in the past and enjoyed it very much. My favorite poetry is what my Grandfather writes. He writes poems about everything…but always finds a way to make it uplifting and encouraging.

Welcome to KP!!!!!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Charityanne
                              @charityanne
                                • Total Posts: 36

@mineralizedwritings

1 yes snakes are cool ( can be dangerous but still 😏)

2 I have no current poetry project. ( I tend to have an idea and write it all at one time.)

3 The most meaningful? Well the back story wouldn’t make a lot of sense to anyone but myself if you didn’t already know it but probably The Gentleman. ( The only one I’ve posted yet)

4 Some of both rhyming and free verse if I understand what you mean.

5 I’m not sure really.

I hope I answered your questions satisfactorily.🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Charityanne.
                                TheLoonyOne
                                @theloonyone
                                  • Total Posts: 404

@charityanne

Hello! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m theloonyone

Hmm… Poetry. I’ve written a little bit of poetry, but most of it I will never ever share. 😐 I’d love to see some of yours if you’d like to share, though!

Anyway, newbie questions!

1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen again! I hope to see you around!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >