-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 months ago
In the early concepts of Gabriel’s story, the news reported that they thought the new Protector was a girl…Gabriel, upon hearing this, was positively both offended and amused.
Maybe the Protector role will be passed down to a girl someday, so I can see why people would speculate about that. But that probably made Gabriel question his app…[Read more]
-
Ruth changed their profile picture 2 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 months ago
What is the reason for this?
It started because the Protector isn’t under the government, and when the First Protector appeared, the government were rightfully wary of civilians trying to mess with strange monsters.
Then it continued as partly tradition and partly that when the Protector becomes the people’s hero, it’s best to keep…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 months ago
After all, the life of a Protector can be a lonely one as you aren’t supposed to let many people close.
What is the reason for this?
Gabriel: “Yes. She loves me.” *He pauses, seeming to remember something and looks away slightly as if embarrased.*
Lucy: *Supportive, curious, and disgusted at the same time* *Doesn’t know what else to say* *G…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
That’s… cool. Yeah, very cool. SO cool. 😐
Girl, I don’t think you know what the word cool means.
Wait, wait, let me defend myself! Yes, me literally killing Baron isn’t very cool, but the realization about the Elementals that resulted from it is cool!
Btw, chest compressions save lives! Even in fiction.
*Grabs Baron, ties an eva…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
I think it’s interesting that Thumbelina keeps getting into unfortunate situations where she might have to marry someone she does not like. I wonder if the fairy tale is inspired by a societal problem from the time it was made up.
By the way, is your flu feeling better now? And are you doing any writing these days, or more focused…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
Koshka is right, that sounds exactly like The Light Princess. *Nostalgia hits*
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
Cool little thing.
That’s… cool. Yeah, very cool. SO cool. 😐
Girl, I don’t think you know what the word cool means.
*Grabs Baron, ties an evacuation label around his neck, stuffs him into a train, and sends him a thousand miles away from your WIP*
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
so that’s kind of cheating if it’s for a survival project lol.
Yeah, cheating is fine sometimes, but it’s satisfying to find other solutions when you’re building something in survival. My brothers keep telling me to cheat when I’m trying to find materials for something, but can’t find it, and I think that’s so unfun.
I started dyi…
-
Loopy replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago

I did another character chart last night -
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
Kinda like the prince in The Light Princess?
I’m afraid I don’t have a character like this…yet.
-
Jaybird replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
Oooo. I’m not sure. That is an interesting character/plot idea.
-
Power replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
A character who blocks/fills a hole/breech with themself. Over by dead body. You will have to go through me.
Does anybody have any characters like this? 😎
-
Power replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
“Standing in the gap”
What a beautiful and evocative metaphor!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
@rae ooooh interesting lore!!
also the adhd bit makes me think of how we decided that Scout canonically has adhd lolllll
wind charmer Jeremy would certainly be something but it actually really fits him tbh
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
Cool little thing.
So last night I wrote a scene that has been in my head where Baron’s heart literally stops. You probably all know how it goes where you write something, then add something to it that you weren’t planning on but somehow makes so much sense?
That was this.
In the scene, just before Baron dies, his connection to the wind snaps.…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
Mellissa
“Can we go to the kitchen now? I’m hungry.” Mel pointed to the door that they had come in from, but it had now changed. It was wooden, and had sun bleached paint that was starting to peel. The bottom had an unused cat door and a few splashes of dried mud from the rain. Mel recognized it. It was the door into…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 months ago
So it really is about passing down the knowledge from previous Protectors, not just becoming another fighter after the last one dies.
Yes. After a few decades, a Protector either becomes to old or too wounded to fight (we shall hope it’s the former for Gabriel) anymore, and that’s when they find their successor. They stay with that…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
Just got to look over Moth’s chart. He’s such a fun character. I feel like the arrows are great for showing how he varies depending on circumstances/mood.
The concept of clothes
But not clothes in reality? XD
*Crouches and squawks* RELATaBLE
Yesssssss.
This is sort of what I expected, and I’m glad to know I’m right. XD The idea of…
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
I think the best part about writing this little story about him was the fact that he gave each troll princess a legit chance. XD
This is gold.
- Load More
