-
Anatra replied to the topic Inspo Exchange in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
“You will never sleep again;
though you will never stop dreaming.
The end can only follow the beginning.”*embodiment of what I hope to write;-;*
Yeesssss I love it so much!
lol writing prompt number sixty one perfect realistic sibling relationship XD
-
Anatra replied to the topic Inspo Exchange in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
THis is so cool!
For the minute I shall *poetry*
Break My Heart
Joy HarjoThere are always flowers,
Love cries, or blood.
Someone is always leaving
By exile, death, or heartbreak.
The heart is a fist.
It pockets prayer or holds rage.
It’s a timekeeper.
Music maker, or backstreet truth teller.
Baby, baby, baby
You can’t say wha… -
Koshka replied to the topic Need Some Advice With An Injury Scene! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
You’re welcome! This is my favorite type of book research too, so thank you!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Need Some Advice With An Injury Scene! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
Okkaaayyyy…*drags self back from hospital reports*
It looks like the wound is somewhat chronic, frozen in the stages just after bleeding, where the skin is sealed somewhat, but the wound is still open while no longer bleeding. which would make sense if it is painful from time to time. The magic would have to come in here as the…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic HELP WITH A SCENE PLZZZZ!!! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 1 month ago
Ooo, wonderful tension! The things authors love to create yet struggle to write.
It sounds good so far; the emotions seem balanced to me.
How would Ara respond to November being hurt? How did she want to respond to Riven?
At this point it looks like she’s about to explode, which could manifest itself in various ways depending…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic HELP WITH A SCENE PLZZZZ!!! in the forum Plotting 4 years, 1 month ago
Oof, I see the issue. Lotsa tension right here lol
Great character, btw.
Is she alone with November, or is it November, her and Corvina?
(I love these names) -
Anatra replied to the topic Need Some Advice With An Injury Scene! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
Yeessss I love these points in books
*I offer advice based on elementary observations and a house full of constantly injured and nursed daredevil little brothers*
ahem. *places spectacles precariously on nose tip*
Shall we?
For a non-magical injury, he may be concussed depending on how hard he hit his head. If this is in…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Need Some Advice With An Injury Scene! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
I’ll need to check this, but it sounds like the wounds close up, but be scar tissue grows. Anyway I’ll be back on here once I’ve done some research.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Inspo Exchange in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
Ooo, here’s one I found recently.

-
Anatra replied to the topic Character Templates! in the forum Characters 4 years, 1 month ago
I like this! Gj. It came out so well.
-
Ava Blue started the topic Drafting scenes as playscripts in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys! Have you ever had a scene in your mind that you could visualize perfectly, but when your pen hits your paper, you don’t know what to write? I’ve got an idea for you 😀
It can really help to write your story like a play. You get all the essential dialogue and action without worrying about descriptions. You can see how your scene plays…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
@freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @godlyfantasy12
Vulkasin
Loud voices. The beginning of an argument. Shuffling feet on cold stone.
The barrack…
Something was digging into his side. Vulkasin tried rolling over, but the thing followed his movement. He finally forced open one eye.
The cross piece and pommel on his sword.
Why did I…[Read more]
-
Ava Blue replied to the topic Who wants a Marvel AU? 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
awww Natasha my baby 🥺😭😭😭
and yayyy tiny Spidey is adorable 🤩
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
@freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @godlyfantasy12
Mikkel
Rat-tat-tat
Screams, loud garbled voices. Zeroing in on his target, safety off.
Another kick shatters the door. Three more steps.
His feet pound down the stairs, racing against time. Flames snatch at his legs, slowing him down.
Another door swings open sending a stream of…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
Grimmy? Oh my, that’s… adorable. I can see how Lyn is with nicknames.
(Of course they stay snarky. Brothers are snarky.)
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
@freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @godlyfantasy12
Mikkel
This room wasn’t a very defensible position, but if the window was filled with sand bags- non-existent sand bags…
Hours upon hours of filling thousands of sandbags…
Mikkel lay down with his back to the door, his rifle beside him where he could keep his hand on it. With his…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
You’re fine! =) It is an interesting tool though, but a hard one all the same.
-
Koshka replied to the topic MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
ONLY DO IT IF IT WILL HELP THE STORY! If the book’s good as is I wouldn’t add one just to deepen it.
It may cause trauma you don’t need.
*Weeps*
-
Koshka replied to the topic MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
I enjoyed that way too much. I mean really, why do I enjoy reading about character deaths? I despise tragic endings, and a book that makes me cry is probably not going to be high on my list of I just want tos.
But that…that was beautiful.
And now I plead for more!!!
-
Koshka replied to the topic MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, that’s really the only reason I’m still going through with it.
And the way it all works out is just so beautiful to this author.
- Load More
