-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
I know nothing about dystopia, and it looks like you’re getting some good answers already. But one thing I would suggest regarding Len’s title is to take a look at other books in your genre and see what the standard practice seems to be. If fans of dystopia are used to this type of character having a title, they’ll probably expec…
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @princesachronicle22
So sorry it took so long!!
Dylan
Zyrin stood, holding out a hand to help Jocelyn up. “Well, uh, maybe we could help you look for your friends?”
She smiled and nodded, and accepting his hand, though her furry companion didn’t look too happy about it.
I stood up as well, quirking my lips at the small creat…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Woah…
I think I’m a true Keeper now…
I have ranted multiple times. 🤣
-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for the trophy! XD
You earned it. 😉 😂
A few questions. Is this earth, or a different planet with a similar history. Did you give the nation the name Aletheia out of irony? Aletheia means truthful and revealing, but it’s a nation that has been trapped by the Orb, closed off, hidden, within a lie. Perhaps for those that c…
-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Buuuut as far as the first question goes… you could have his parents killed for seeking peace? But Len doesn’t know that they were seeking peace, just that their “enemy”, whoever that may be didn’t like their motives? (I’m trying to figure out how to explain what I’m picturing XD) But like, all Derek wants is peace throughout th…
-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Len’s parents could have been involved in some kind of dangerous or just forbidden movement, but I’m not sure exactly how that would fit into your plot. Or maybe they were killed by members of that movement/society. If they were members of the society, then Len’s redemption arc could have something to do with figuring that out,…
-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Here is his moodboard just because. 😜

(He also struggles with grief over the loss of his family)
-
Esther started the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Ok guys. My villain needs some help. Or rather, I, as his author, need some help. I need to decide on his evil title and part of his motivation.
First, some background on him: (Warning: There are a few spoilers. Read at your own risk.) (Another Warning: I do mention murder a few times.)
Derek Len desired peace. It was all he wanted. All he…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Songs/Playlists! in the forum Music 3 years, 6 months ago
AHHH THOSE SONGS 💖😭💖😭
Now I really want to know what happens!! AHHH November!!! Ara!!!
QUESTION!! Do y’all ever have songs for specific scenes??
YES!!! I do!! Lol it’s so fun to just be listening to music and you hear a random song and it’s just so perfect for such and such scene and your just like AHHH
-
Light replied to the topic Character Songs/Playlists! in the forum Music 3 years, 6 months ago
Ahh YES!!! Someone who loves the Obi Wan show!! XDXD
Me and my fam finished it two nights ago and I’m obsessed now lol. Haha, your family sounds a lot like mine! We all love Star Wars.
Yeah, the originals are definitely really good. I love the prequels too tho. Really any of them with Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan lol.
I’ve never…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What makes a character meaningful? in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Meaningful characters are hard to write, especially if they aren’t the MC. Depending on their personality, they will be meaningful in different ways. So here are some tips that I hope will be helpful 😁:
1. Give clues to the reader that Layson is important. With side characters, some are important and some aren’t. You gave…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
Aren’t big families super fun? You’re “violin-squeaking,” huh? I fiddle around with that instrument too, hoping to learn mandolin or dobrolin sometime.
Yes, they are. 😊
Yep! Lol. I play violin, it just doesn’t always come out sounding pretty. 😜
Cool!!
My favorite vacation spot would be Walton’s Mountain Lodge in CO. 14 year…
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Aww thanks! Yeah, he is 🤭💖
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @loopylin @freedomwriter76 I think that’s everyone?
Asher
I gripped Arabella’s hand tightly as we walked through the dark hall.
I held my breath as a shadow seemed to rise up and take form. Then, just as suddenly, it sank back down.
I sucked in a shaky breath, shuddering at the memories that played about in the far corners of…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Songs/Playlists! in the forum Music 3 years, 6 months ago
That’s totally fine! 🙂 I get that. It’s kinda draining.
I actually was already doing a Asher RP! 😀 Lol yeah, I can.
(Also, random question, but do you like Star Wars? I’m becoming more and more into it, and wondering if you’ve seen any of the movies or shows. If so, have you watched the Obi Wan Kenobi show?)
-
Light replied to the topic Character Songs/Playlists! in the forum Music 3 years, 6 months ago
AHHH THOSE ARE PERFECT FOR YOUR CHARRIES JUST AHHHH!!!!!!
NOVEMBER 😭😭😭
I’ll have to listen to the ones that I haven’t heard!
(Also, you wanna RP in the 2.0 castle? Totally fine if you’re not ready 😊)
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
(Exactly.)
-
Esther replied to the topic Its been a while in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
Welcome back, @alia!!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur writer!!
My current WIP is called the Endoxos Trilogy, book one being called Ember of Hope. I also have ideas for stories/novels in a bunch of different genres.
So cool that you play violin too! I suppose that brings me to t…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Songs/Playlists! in the forum Music 3 years, 6 months ago
Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE Dear Evan Hansen’s music!!
You Will Be Found is in my charrie’s playlists already!! I found the music last week. I have not and probably will not watch it, because of the same reasons, but the music is sooo good!!!
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
(Possibly) (Now, if we are speaking of the unknown as the future, things that are yet to happen, then there is no way that we can make a model that accurately represents it. All we know is the known future. There is an extent and a limit to what we can know. This shows how finite we are, and how omniscient and infinite our God is.…[Read more]
- Load More
