@dragon-snapper
Active 9 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Niiice! That sounds similar to something I vaguely tried writing a while back. Minus the nice option.
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose It’s about a girl who loses her family when she’s six. After ten years of living as a thief she gets caught stealing from the royal family, a crime punishable by death. However, they give her the option of becoming the queen’s handmaiden or execution. The problem, she blames the royal family for the death of her family and hates them…[Read more]
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder What’s Clouded Fury about?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Does that mean you don’t like any music with beats on the 2 and the 4? Or you just dislike guitar-based rock?
XD It’s intriguing to see someone describe a musician like Elvis as a new rock style, because usually I think of him as super old rock. That made me chuckle, but he was a new style for the time
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Oh, that sounds cool!
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Novel called Eyes of the Future (Name is still on probation.)
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose I’m working on Clouded Fury. What about you?
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Oh yay! What are you working on?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 6 months ago
@leumeister Woooow…. that is so awesome. That high squeaky melody on Mach 11! It’s chill as ice but it also sounds playful and emotional. I also like how 2nd Chances sounds electronic, but also organic. XD I sorta wish I could buy the track to support you, but bandcamp doesn’t accept cash….
Hmm, the Linux MultiMedia Studio looks pretty…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Ahoy! I’m writing too. 🙂
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Okay. I am writing.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
Characters can be super tough. After all, it’s like trying to create your own little person, and make them seem real, with nothing but letters. I’ve had a lot of trouble with characters at times, too, and often mine would come off as dry or boring.
But yes, despite that, I do still get excited about characters! Characters can…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@skye I apologize for pelting you with questions without answering them for me too. 🙂 I am fifteen and we live in Missouri even though we are moving. What book are you writing, and what is your main character’s name? My book I am working on (the most prominent one anyway) is called “Mahinia”, and the main character is a girl named Mahinia. …[Read more]
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Yep @notawriter I am a music person.
Ah, step one is probably looking at what style of music it is. (For example, pop is different to country which is different to opera which is different to folk which is different to metal, etc.) The rules change for each style because the ‘rules’ are actually what people find sounds nice. Oh,…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@skye Neat! I like drawing horses and people too. Your profile picture is cute. 🙂 Where do you live?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@aratrea Where can I find that sheet on Story Embers?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Wonderful!!! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah, no worries! Those things can be annoying!
Okay, that is the coolest idea I’ve heard in forever. I think you should write it if you want to! The thing about Robin Hood is that there are a lot of Robin Hood books but not so many retellings, as in making a purposeful (and shocking!) twist to the story. I can only think of one R…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal I seem to remember Stan’s “heavy metal death screams” being mentioned before. 😉 😀
-
Alia replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily, I have a very interesting style of either I completely plan out the book, or just have a vague idea and go with the flow. there is no in between for me until I have gotten father into it.
I have found it easiest to not outline in the beginning, but as the story progresses to jot down your ideas. But that might just be me
- Load More
