@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 4 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Im here! Â Are you on still?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you so much!
@ingridrd Oh, interesting. 🙂
Anyone want to join me in writing? @jenwriter17 @alia @ariel-ashira @skredder
-
Bella B. replied to the topic PoV's in the forum Plotting 8 years, 5 months ago
True, that’s the main reason I wanted to keep Haylie who’s PoV I write from, though after I wrote a little of Macx’s I found I liked it more than Haylie’s. I do think that it would still be losing some of what would be there if I did Macx’s PoV instead of Haylie’s though, so I’ll just try to do as much of Haylie’s as I can to try…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
*creeps into forum* I have a couple more prompts. *rubs hands together*
“I’m tougher than I look.”
“Good, because you look like a kitten with the heart of a marshmallow.”
In the future, everyone wears glasses that allow them to see warnings the government issues about people. You’re in a bookstore one night when you glance at a shy-looking…[Read more]
-
Bella B. replied to the topic PoV's in the forum Plotting 8 years, 5 months ago
Those are good points, I think about those things while I’m writing it, thank you!
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic PoV's in the forum Plotting 8 years, 5 months ago
@daughteroftheking *waves*
@ashlyvye I think it would be really cool to have the POV character actually be the “bad guy” for most of the story, then switch sides part way through. If you switched to mostly Macx POV, I think you would lose a lot of that.
On another note, it sounds like from your description that Haylie is actually the protagonist…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PoV's in the forum Plotting 8 years, 5 months ago
@ashlyvye I was recently talking about POVs with my fellow writer friend (Hi, @princessfoo ! *waves*) and something she pointed out about multiple POVs is that one is often more interesting than the other. So, the question is, is Macx’s POV more interesting to readers than Haylie’s? Will they wish you would switch back to Haylie’s more often, or…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@catwing XD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What Should I Do? in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira What I do is I pay attention when I’m singing to what kind of people are nearby. When I’m in a group of conservative Christians, I sing only hymns. Then, when I get to know someone better I’ll ask them what kinds of songs they are comfortable with, and if they prefer just hymns/Christian music I’ll continue to sing hymns, but if t…[Read more]
-
Bella B. started the topic PoV's in the forum Plotting 8 years, 5 months ago
Okay, so I planned out this awesome short story that I was going to write from the PoV of the… It’s hard to explain. Haylie a bad guy nearly the whole story till she decides about 3/4 of the way through that she’s better off helping the protagonist (Macx,) becoming the main-ish protaginist herself by the end.
I’ve started writing it and I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Praying for you!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Needs Answers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@filewriterbase13x That’s a nice start to a story. Here’s my honest critique.
1) I would almost say it’s too detailed. Let me explain: in chapter 1 there’s a lot of backstory and explaining of the MC’s past. To me it kind of bogged down the story. I would suggest telling some of it but saving other parts for later. It would also increase…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Will do. 🙂
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@filewriterbase13x ooh yeah! I would love actual Rapunzel hair. And I’m gonna leave the character up to you. You can elaborate a TON if you want. I totally wouldn’t mind you adding in anything extra, but I can’t think of anything I would like to add in particular.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Oh! So my director adapted the story of Cinderella for the stage (she wrote the script) and she also wrote the songs since it’s a musical. There were a few changes made to the story like Ella’s dead mother comes back and transforms her dress, instead of a fairy-godmother. Things like that. 🙂 😉
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic What Should I Do? in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine @sam-kowal @seekjustice
I have another thought on singing. Â I was reading in Romans this morning, and I read the part where Paul was talking about not offending other believers. Â Do you think that sing “shady” songs, might cause younger, weaker believers to stumble?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Needs Answers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@livgiordano I got them. Â I cant wait to read them!
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Needs Answers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira I just sent it to you! Let me know if you get the email okay.
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Needs Answers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira I just sent it to you! Let me know if you get it okay. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Second degree burns. Fun  😉
Do not apply lotions, ointment or fats to the burn for starters, just so we have that out of the way.
Do  not remove any clothing or jewellery stuck to the burn either.
Holding a burn under running water is the best way to treat it. If there isn’t any running water, pouring water over the wound will d…[Read more]
- Load More
