What Should I Do?

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music What Should I Do?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@ariel-ashira Oh, haha!  That is hilarious too.  And then she thinks his fall off the porch caused his inability to speak! 😛

Yes, Jonah is definitely the most comical show.  I couldn’t name one single part of that which I like best, but some of my favorites are the interaction between Jonah and his sister when she comes into his room and messes up all his stuff, the part where Jonah tries to make the deaf guy go away by counting for hide-and-seek, and the song “I Know Jonah Best!” 😀  What are some of your favorite parts?

*giggles* I’m actually watching their YouTube videos right now…but it’s horrible!  It’s like someone dipping a spoon in ice cream and then taking off all the ice cream and just giving you the spoon!  There’s still a little taste of ice cream on the spoon, but it makes you want the ice cream even worse!  Those YouTube videos don’t give nearly enough stuff to satisfy me!!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
      @ariel-ashira
        • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine Yeah, and I also like the sailor’s song and the part where he tries to get the donkey to move!  🙂  And when Zachariah tries to signal to Mary what happened, she thinks he wants her to pray for him! 😀

I don’t think I can ever be satisfied until I am one of the actresses there.  Really.

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira Being an actress there would be so completely…well, just amazing! 🙂  I hope you get to do it someday!  My favorite songs of theirs to sing as a girl are probably Everyone has a Nineveh(Possibly the best song from S&S in my opinion), Ruth’s A Prayer, and Mary’s Miracle.  How about you?  Which songs do you like to sing?

For guys, Jonah’s songs are probably my favorites.  Arise and Go, and Justice Calls.  Those are both huge numbers.  I sing them sometimes, but I don’t think they have as much impact in a female voice – especially soprano!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice
            • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Yeah, you had recommended Sight and Sound, but I’d forgotten about it! I’d remembered it the other day, but couldn’t remember the name, so I was going to ask you! I just looked at their Jonah trailer and it does look really cool!

And on pop music, some people don’t feel that all of it is bad and I have Christian friends who still listen to it, but I do find a lot of it very questionable, and I just have a hatred for anything that’s popular, whether good or bad. I’m one of those people who likes to be very singular. 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice
              • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Don’t you hate when you can’t sing all the guys songs? I’m not a soprano, I’m quite low, but I still can’t sing the guy’s songs deep enough and it drives me crazy 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh cool!  I wasn’t sure if their channel would show up in Australia, since you said some YouTube stuff you can’t find.  I’m glad you were able to find it!  But, if you were, here’s something you really should see.  It’s the only full song from any of their shows you can watch on YouTube (that I know of, of course.  I think one or two videos may have been uploaded illegally, but this one is actually from S&S so it’s legal and everything.)  It’s a funny song from Noah, about building the ark, and you can see the whole scene with the actors and the sets and everything instead of just the two second clips you get from promotions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBlRmJGPvbk

Well, as you know, I don’t usually like any modern styles of music, so I wouldn’t like to listen to most popular music anyway even if the lyrics were good. 🙂

Yes!  Well, I’m glad I’m a soprano, and I really like my voice, so I wouldn’t want to have a different voice, but there are so many amazing guy songs that I long to sing and just simply can’t because they have nearly zero impact when you hear them sung in a female voice!  Thankfully there are a lot of good female songs too!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine Sorry, I had to go abruptly.  Some of my favorite songs fron various shows are What Is This Grace?, We Need A Savior, and I’m Free!  I love so many songs from Moses! Ugg, how could I name all my favorite S&S songs?

I am a soprano too!  And yeah, some of those Jonah songs I love just don’t sound the same when I sing them.  Is that clip you sent seekjustice the one where they are all yelling at Ham to get more pegs? 😀

Can you pray for me, about becoming an actress?  I am really serious about it, and feel God is leading me there.

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira I really don’t know the songs from Samson, but I love We Need a Savior from MoC!  As for I’m Free, well, I’m sorry, but I really don’t like the African style of – I don’t know what the proper name for it is – riffs and trills?  So I really don’t like the sound of that one. 🙁  Sorry!  I’m pretty old-fashioned and classic in my musical tastes.

Being a soprano is great, because we get to sing the melody, right? But I’ve found recently that I’d really like to learn to harmonize, but have never had the need to since I’m a soprano.  So I’ve been having to learn that…slowly… 😛  Do you know how to harmonize?

Of course I’ll pray for you!  Acting is a hard and very strenuous job, though.  If you’re serious about it, go for it, but be warned it’s not as easy as it sounds and most of the stuff you’ll do will not be all flashy colors and stage lights. 🙂  Don’t be discouraged, though.  I’m sure you already know all that if you’re serious about it.  I once thought I might want to be an actress too, but while I might decide to be in a few productions sometime, the most important thing for me is to be a homemaker. 😉

What specifically would you like me to pray for?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                    @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine Actually…I don’t know what harmony and melody are.  Isn’t that awful?  And here I want to be a singer.  Could you explain it?

Most of being an actress is not being on stage!  And just praying that God would continue to lead me, and make it clear what I am to do when.

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira Okay, the simple explanation of harmony is when two people sing different notes and it still sounds good.  It’s actually more complicated than that, but that’ll do for now.

When two people are singing different notes at the same time, the person singing the melody is the person actually singing the song, and the person singing harmony is the person who wouldn’t really be singing the song if the melody weren’t there because they’re really singing something else.  Here’s a really quick and simple example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Kf3_KJPtM

You can watch the whole video if you want, it’s only two minutes long, but he’s just teaching her to sing a bit.  The part I want you to notice starts at 1:23.  After singing the verse in the earlier part of the video, they sing the first chorus of You Are My Sunshine together, both singing the <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>melody</span> and then for the second chorus, you should notice that the man sings a little bit differently than the woman.  He is <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>harmonizing</span>.  What he sings is similar to the melody, and sounds good with the melody, but it is not exactly the melody.

A different type of harmony is when people sing even two totally different things and they still sound good.  Think of the Min Ha Arets song from Ruth.  In that, if you listen to the chorus of the song you’ll remember the women sing one thing and the men sing something similar, but they’re not even matching their words or notes at all.  And it still sounds good! 😀

Does that help?  Please ask more questions if you need to.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                        @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine Okay, thank you.  Its starting to make more sense. 🙂

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                          @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine Also, do you know of anywhere I can get their earlier soundtracks like Ruth and Noah and In the Beginning?  I can’t find them on their site. 🙁

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira Oh, you don’t have Ruth? Whoops! 😛  Okay, I don’t really know…my brother bought them for us several years ago.  We actually don’t have the Noah or In the Beginning soundtracks.  We have Ruth, Samson, Jonah, Joseph, Miracle of Christmas, and Moses.  We also have the 35 Years of Praise CD, which has a couple of songs from several shows on it, but we don’t have any of the other full soundtracks.  If you want a soundtrack that you can’t find on their website I would suggest contacting them on their contact page and asking how to find it.  I’m sure that if it’s available for sale they’ll be able to help you.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                              @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine Its okay.  I am still familiar with Min Ha Arets because I have listened to some previews/clips from Ruth and the other older albums.  Did you know they are going to do Noah again?  Maybe then they will have Noah available.

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                                @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine @sam-kowal @seekjustice

I have another thought on singing.  I was reading in Romans this morning, and I read the part where Paul was talking about not offending other believers.  Do you think that sing “shady” songs, might cause younger, weaker believers to stumble?

"In a mask, was he?"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >