Truly Lost our Minds

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Truly Lost our Minds

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    LivGiordano
    @livgiordano
      • Total Posts: 86

Can you fit me in, @filewriterbase13x? And I think you know me well enough to figure out how to portray me accurately. 😉 I LOVED those. They were so good.

www.livforhim.wordpress.com

filewriter@base13x
      @filewriterbase13x
        • Total Posts: 110

A Kingdom Pen Adventure: Truly Lost our Minds

By

The File Writer of Base13x (@filewriterbase13x)

Part three: After the Storm

I opened my eyes eyes slowly, groaning as I sat up. Confused, I realized that I was on the floor. I rubbed the soreness off of my cheek. I noticed golden sun rays shining through the little gaps of the window shutters. I jumped up immediately, as I remembered what had happened the night before. I ran to the window and opened up the shutters.

I let out the breath I had been holding with a sigh of relief, when I saw that beautiful raspberry sun I knew and loved. Yet… something was still missing.

I looked around my house carefully, looking for something, anything really. I gasped when my eyes fell on my poor B-bot.

I raced over to him. His eyes were dark and he was not hovering. He had shut down, but I had no idea how! I quickly grabbed for the small screw-driver I kept on my desk at all times.

When I opened up the back panel, I saw the little switch that would power him up. I flipped it, and waited for my little friend to come back to life.

Suddenly the screen in his middle lit up. An unfamiliar mechanical voice said to me, “Restarting in 15, 14, 13-”

At first, I was relieved that he still worked fine, but then I realized just what restarting B-bot would mean. Restarting would mean that the B-bot I knew would be lost. I couldn’t let that happen.

I began to panic as I started to search his power panel for someway to stop the restart.

I paused when I came to a bright green button. It was unlabeled. I decided to push it anyways. I had read the manuel that came with B-bot once a long time ago, but I had never looked at it since. I hoped I remembered right.

I closed my eyes tightly as I pushed it, and I kept them shut, not wanting to see if I had not been able to bring back my dear robot.

I heard a quiet hovering sound, and I opened my eyes quickly. “B-bot!” I wrapped my arms around the little confused droid.

“Whew.” I said out loud. B-bot just looked confused.

“I am confused. I do not understand. Can you please repeat?” said his wonderfully familiar voice.

I laughed. That was my B-bot alright.

I tried to explain what had happened, even though I was sure that it was no use. “There was a bad storm last night, and when I woke up, you were shut down. I am just glad that you did not restart, that’s all.”

He still looked confused, but it could just be that I imagined it. Robots don’t have emotions after all. Do they?

“I am confused. The only way that the PAIA, B-bot, can shut down is if one of the following occurs: The PAIA is in a location without sunlight beyond battery time, the PAIA is in a body of water (eg. Ocean, lake, or river) for a large amount of time so that-“

“Yes, B-bot. Thank you.” I stopped him. “That’s my point. There’s no reason why your system restarted. It shouldn’t have, but it did.”

B-bot had no reply for this, so no more was said. After a couple more minutes of thinking on the subject I finally said, “Well, what do we do now? What do you do after a storm in the Kingdom of Pen?”

“The Kingdom of Pen does not have storms.” said B-bot, almost smugly.

“That’s what I thought, but I guess it does. It just did.”

“No, the Kingdom of Pen does not have storms. It had a black out.”

“A black out?” I asked skeptically. Maybe he just needed to recharge a little bit. I needed some fresh air anyways.

“Let’s see how are neighbors are doing.” I said to B-bot, making an excuse to get him to recharge. Whenever he started talking nonsense it usually meant that he needed a recharge. Either that, or he was reading my first draft back to me. I remembered the Shottish-that-the-main-characters-couldn’t-understand-because-he-only-spoke-in-his-own-language-phase and shuttered. However, that was definitely not the case this time.

I was walking to the small wooden door of my hut when suddenly, B-bot said, “What neighbors?”

“B-bot! What do you mean, ‘what neighbors’? Our neighbors.” I exclaimed, thorghly worried now.

“What neighbors?” he repeated the question.

“Our neighbors.” I said while pulling him slowly out the door. “You know, like…” I stopped, trying to think.

“Like… um…Well, let’s see. The neighbor next door is…” I fell down on a chair that sat randomly outside by door. I didn’t even bother to wonder where it came from.

“B-bot, something is very wrong here. Something is missing here.”

“What is missing, File Writer?” asked my little companion.

“My mind.”

Starring:

File Writer ( @filewriterbase13x ) and B-bot

Tagging: @rochellaine, @kaya-young, @sam-kowal, @supermonkey42, @daeus, @jenwriter17, @that_writer_girl_99, @ariel-ashira, @catwing, @notawriter, @skredder, and @livgiordano

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

Skredder
        @skredder
          • Total Posts: 527

@filewriterbase13x Oh dear! That is worrisome! Very worrisome indeed! This is getting really good!! 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17
            • Total Posts: 2522

@filewriterbas13x Ooh, this is starting to get really exciting! 😀

(you scared me with B-bot by the way 😉 )

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
            www.jennaterese.com

Ben Powell
            @supermonkey42
              • Total Posts: 273

@filewriterbase13x So, you “truly lost your mind,” you might say. 😉 Nice.

A Kapeefer for life!
              Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine
                • Total Posts: 3322

@filewriterbase13x Great job!  Both the story and the characters are very interesting.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

The fledgling Artist
                @notawriter
                  • Total Posts: 328

@filewriterbase13x  Oh no! I hope you find it!

and I was so confused

Catwing
                  @catwing
                    • Total Posts: 2557

@filewriterbase13x This is worrying. You have lost your brain.
                    If I only had a brain!
                    Did you also turn into a scarecrow? XP (If you don’t get that joke, I can explain)

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

filewriter@base13x
                    @filewriterbase13x

@livgiordano, of course. Aw, thanks. Um, one question. Can you have like actually Rapunzel length hair? Or do you want it to be your true length? Do you want me to write you as yourself, write you as your self with additional quirks, or add something in particular to your character.

@skredder
                      , Haha, don’t worry. I am sure my mind is somewhere. I am glad you think it’s getting better.

@jenwriter17
                      , Sorry B-bot scared you. 🙂 I am sure that he would feel bad about that. You know if he remembered who you were.

@supermonkey42
                      , Yes. I guess you could say that, but keep this in mind: Truly lost our minds. Mwahahaha…

@rochellaine
                      , Oh, yay. I am glad you think so.

@notawriter
                      , So do I. 🙂 😉

@catwing
                      , Of course I did. That’s why I’m on my way to the Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Come on Toto…er… I mean B-bot.

Yes, I got it. Ah, classics.

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

LivGiordano
                      @livgiordano

@filewriterbase13x ooh yeah! I would love actual Rapunzel hair. And I’m gonna leave the character up to you. You can elaborate a TON if you want. I totally wouldn’t mind you adding in anything extra, but I can’t think of anything I would like to add in particular.

filewriter@base13x
                        @filewriterbase13x

@livgiordano, Okay Great! I can’t wait to have you in my KPA. I might in this next part. If not then the next (part 5). Is it ok if you are from a certain fantasy kingdom that a certain you came up with for a certain story? I just think that that would be awesome if you were a TD. do you know what I am talking about?

LivGiordano
                          @livgiordano

@filewriterbase13x Yes! That’ll totally work! And I know what you’re talking about.

filewriter@base13x
                            @filewriterbase13x

A Kingdom Pen Adventure: Truly Lost our Minds

By

The File Writer of Base13x (@filewriterbase13x)

Part Four: The Losing of Minds

“How? How could I have lost it? It must have been during or after the storm. The storm. Why did I remember that but not who my neighbors were?

I was walking through a forest that I didn’t remember the name of, thinking of all the things I was unable to think about. Suddenly I felt something light fall on my head.

I raised my hand to find a feather in my hair. Then dozens of white feathers came floating down. I looked up see a floating grin continuing to toss them down. The grin got wider and a cat with wings began to appear, perched on a high branch of a large tree. As I was staring at the winged creature, it started to bombard me with little chocolates.

“Hey, what-“I started, but the feline’s voice cut me off.

“Welcome. Welcome to the bestisisest kingdom there is in the world of cyberspace.” said the cat.

“Oh, um. Thank you?” I said, not really sure of what to say.

“Is something wrong?” asked the she-feather-cat.

“No, it’s just that I’ve never been greeted my a cat before.” I said hesitantly.

“A Catwing. Not a cat. A Catwing. There is a very big difference. You can not simply call a Catwing a cat. Just as much as you can call a cat a Catwing. ‘Cause calling a Catwing a cat and a cat a Catwing would be very confusing. Don’t you think? Especially if that cat doesn’t have wings and you call it a Catwing, and the silly creature believes you with all certainty. Then who knows what could happen to the poor beast, I mean cat.” she said almost stubbornly.

“Um…” I was unsure of what to say to this talkative cat- catwing.

She laughed as she glided down to the ground. “I love word jumbles. Don’t you? Anyways, I bid you welcome all the same.

“Thank you. But I don’t think I am new here. As a matter of fact, I believe I’ve been here for quite some time.” I said without taking my eyes off of the mysterious catwing.

“Of course you are new. I’ve never met you. What do mean by, ‘I don’t think’?” she asked.

“Well,” I looked at B-bot, as I usually did when I was not sure how to say something. “I believe. At least, I think that… I think I’ve lost my mind.”

I was expecting the catwing to role over laughing, as if it was some sort of joke, but the creature just stared back at me with concern in her eyes.

“Lost it?” she said. “Oh dear. This is very worrisome indeed.”

She brought a paw up to her chin. “Do you know where you saw it last?”

I pondered the question before answering it. I was pretty certain that I did not know, but I wanted to make extra sure.

“No. I do not remember.” I finally answered.

“Oh dear. I think that this is a job for the king.” the feathered feline said with a concerned look.

“Oh, yes. I remember that we have a king.”

“Do not all kingdoms have kings?” asked B-bot randomly.

“I guess so. But I mean I actually remember. I just can’t remember what the king’s name was.”

Catwing spoke up, “Oh, that’s and easy one.” She smiled. “It’s King… um… er…”

She put a paw to her face and said, “Well, isn’t that funny. Now even I can’t seem to remember his name.” she let out what sounded like a cross between a nervous laugh and an exaggerated meow.

“It doesn’t seem that funny to me.” I was concerned.

B-bot agreed with me. “I do not see anything comical about that statement.”

“Oh dear.” Catwing gasped. “I believe that my mind has disappeared also. I can’t seem to remember much of anything now. I thought that something was off after…”

“The storm?”

“Yes. After the storm. I suppose we both should go to the king now.”

I agreed and we starting out of the woods that we were still in.

“Do you remember where it is? I don’t.” I asked after we had walked for only a few minutes.

“I do. Vaguely.” she said, trying do sound reassuring. I was not reassured.

“Who, or… um… What is that?” asked Catwing suddenly when we had walked yet even farther.

“I believe it’s a giraffe.” I answered after staring at the creature for a while.

“But a purple giraffe? That’s painting?”

We walked up to the giraffe who was painting quite beautifully with a paint prush inbetween her lips.

“Hello.” we said in unison.

“Greetings.” saluted B-bot.

It took a while for the purple giraffe to carefully set down her brush, But she finally said, “Oh, hello! And welcome to the bestisisest place ever! I’m Kaya. I love to hula-hoop and paint. What do you guys like to do?”

Me and Catwing exchanged a look. Oh, no. What was happening?

I was going to try to explain to the friendly giraffe that we had lost our minds and believed that she had too, but before I could say anything I heard someone barking and yelping.

I turned to see a beautiful golden retriever running towards us. When the dog got to us we all yelled in unison, “Welcome.” I bit my cheek immediatly afterward, remembering that this creature was probably not new, I just couldn’t remember who they were.

“We all need to come to the castle Regnis. I just came from there and an emergency meeting has been called.” she said.

“Why what’s wrong?” I asked. What a day!

“Something is terribly wrong everybody seems to have lost their minds.”

“Everybody?”

Starring:

File Writer ( @filewriterbase13x ) and B-bot

Catwing (@catwing )

Kaya ( @kaya-young )

Skreeder ( @skreeder )

Tagging: @rochellaine, @sam-kowal, @supermonkey42, @daeus, @jenwriter17, @that_writer_girl_99, @ariel-ashira, @notawriter, and @livgiordano

filewriter@base13x
                              @filewriterbase13x

Oops, @catwing and @skreeder

filewriter@base13x
                                @filewriterbase13x

Agh! I mean @skredder.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >