-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Greetings, fellow mortals! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
HEEEELLLLOOOO!!!!!!!!! WELCOME to the Kingdom!! *waves* It’s just SUPER AWESOME to meet you and have you here!!!! I’m Issabelle!!! I also like writing a lot of fantasy-adventure stories so that’s SUPER COOL!!! You story sounds REALLY amazing!!! WHOO! Oooh, I’ve heard some SUPER good things about Artemis Fowl and have seen…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Greetings, fellow mortals! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@scripter-of-kingdoms Hey, welcome to the Kingdom! Nice to meet you!
Your series sounds so cool! I’d love to hear more about it!
Ahhh I love Artemis Fowl! One of my favorite series growing up.
Raising ducks? That’s awesome!
Some questions…
1. Favorite movies?
2. What genres do you like to write?
3. Favorite desserts?
Anyway, it’s really…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hiii in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@katthewriter Yo welcome tot he Kingdom! Nice to meet you!
I gave you a follow! Hope you don’t mind!
Your WIP sounds so cool! What genre is it?
Let’s see…some questions…
1. Favorite books/movies/authors?
2. Other hobbies?
3. Favorite dessert?
4. Pineapples on pizza, yes or no?
Feel free to look around and join us in our other forums! I…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Ooooh, I know I always say this but LOVE THE QUOTE!!!!! I can totally relate!! My first drafts are normally just me figuring out what the story’s about and who the character’s leading it are!!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writing for a couple of hours. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
AWESOME!!! That’ll work perfectly for me!!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writing for a couple of hours. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
LOL!! Yeah, don’t worry. There’s no way I’d be up that early writing either. XD Yep!! Normally I’ll try to start about 5 EST in the afternoons if school chooses to be kind. XD I’ll try to write a little later tomorrow, so maybe we can work something out.
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writing for a couple of hours. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Aaah, right. *facepalm* I was thinking about getting up at seven and going until nine EST!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writing for a couple of hours. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Sadly, I’ve gotta go to bed. 😭 I literally would rather be writing with you!!! Do you write in the mornings? ‘Cause I’m thinking about getting up early tomorrow and writing!!
-
Lin replied to the topic Let's Build a World in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@issawriter7 @e-k-seaver @abigail-m @gracie-j @joy-caroline Yo everyone’s looks great so far! I really love all your descriptions!
The Last Arch of Haran
Haran was long regarded as one of history’s most famous war heroes. This arch still stands at the tp of the mountain where he was last seen. Legend says that Haran disappeared after walking…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Who's most likely to… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
LOL!!! That’s okay! I was the EXACT SAME WAY when you told me you were going to read The False Prince!!!!! *dancing around*
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Who's most likely to… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Who's most likely to… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
LOL!!!!!! That’s literally how I am with TFP!!! You’ve seriously convinced me to read TKAM!!!! 😉
Yeah, I like it when the characters come out courageous in the end, too!!!
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Different Cultures/Religions/ETC in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@r-m-archer It ought to be attached to the surname. @libby knows a lot more about Japanese culture than I do, so you can always check with her as well!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Who's most likely to… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
No, I think I do that when that last line is just AMAZING and ends the story in an epicly awesome way!!! That’s EXACTLY the kind of ending I crave for in novels!!! I’m the same where bittersweet endings are cool in flash fiction and short stories but I want a realisticly happy ending for the novels I read!!!! (I’m actually very happy…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Different Cultures/Religions/ETC in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@r-m-archer In Japanese there are honorifics, most commonly “-san” to denote Mr./Mrs./Ms., so for example, I would be called “Zhang-san”, I think. In Chinese we use “xian sheng” for “Mr.”, and it’s usually formatted as “surname” + “honorific”.
Shoes are pretty much removed almost everywhere in the world. My family does it as well. Typically we…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Different Cultures/Religions/ETC in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@r-m-archer Not sure why my post didn’t go through ahh… Well, which cultures are you looking to combine? Japanese and Korean cultures stem from Chinese culture…so combining/not combining shouldn’t be that much of an issue…one thing that I think would give authenticity is that in most Asian cultures, (at least these three) the family name…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@keilah-h Hi there! Welcome to the Kingdom!
Most of the questions I want to ask have already been asked, so feel free to look around our other forum topics!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Who's most likely to… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
If you guys don’t mind me jumping in. (I think I jump in on people’s conversations a little too much. I must get pretty annoying. XD) I’m more down for the close to happy ending kind of story, like Abigail. I’m pretty okay that it’s not normal, ’cause well, it is fiction and if you’re writing fantasy you’re WAAAAAAY off…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
Oooh, AWESOME!!!!!!! I’ve been actually really wanting to read Keeper of the Lost Cities! I hear sooo many good things about it!!! COOOL!!! Golden retrievers are just sooo cute, especially when they’re puppies!!!!!! I had a betta fish once!!
I might’ve gotten a bit too attached to him.Let’s just say it was pretty sad when he died. 😭 -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Who's most likely to… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
- Load More
