Who’s most likely to…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Who’s most likely to…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Abigail.M.
    @abigail-m
      • Total Posts: 1242

@joy-caroline

I like Jerusha already:) She sounds like an awesome character.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1379

@abigail-m

Me, too! I can’t wait until she makes her first appearance in The Anointed. Though I don’t know whether to give her a happy ending or a bittersweet one. I used to think every story should end happy, but now I prefer bittersweet endings. They just seem more moving.

Abigail.M.
        @abigail-m

@joy-caroline

That’s true. Often, I like happy endings. But sometimes, especially in flash fiction, the bittersweet ones are very moving. It all depends on what day it is I guess XD My favorite ending of all time, I read it a few years back and still remember it clearly. It was in The Half Moon Ranch series when they released the stallion back into the valley and the last sentence was,

“- like a shadow, like a dream, he was gone.”

I couldn’t tell if it was happy or bittersweet, because that varied depending on who’s POV you considered, but I loved it anyway.

Anonymous

@abigail-m

Yeah, I just don’t like the “happily ever after” endings because that’s not the way life is. Nothing turns out perfect and blemish-free.

I LOVE the ending to To Kill a Mockingbird – that’s my favorite book of all time, so understandably the ending would be my favorite of all time. Here’s the last lines (and if you haven’t read the novel, you NEEEEEEED to! XD)

“…Atticus, he was real nice….”

His hands were under my chin, pulling up the cover, tucking it around me.

“Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

He turned out the light and went into Jem’s room. He would be there all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning.

This ending was bittersweet because there’s literally two murders at the end of the book. But it’s also happy because the father’s children are safe, and you see his love for them. It just chills and warms me to my core at the same time.

Issabelle Perry
            @issawriter7
              • Total Posts: 976

@abigail-m @joy-caroline

If you guys don’t mind me jumping in. (I think I jump in on people’s conversations a little too much. I must get pretty annoying. XD) I’m more down for the close to happy ending kind of story, like Abigail. I’m pretty okay that it’s not normal, ’cause well, it is fiction and if you’re writing fantasy you’re WAAAAAAY off the normal path anyway. I mean, I don’t want them to be perfect endings but I still want them to be semi-happy. Though, I think most of my friends want the super sad endings. *grabbing all my favorite characters and hiding them from authors so they’ll be safe* XD

JC, Aaahhh *closing my eyes and attempting to act like I didn’t just read the end of your comment!!!!!!!* *gives up* Now I’m wondering who in the world those TWO PEOPLE KILLED AT THE END were???????????!!!!!!!!!!!

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
              TeenWritersNook.com

Anonymous

@issawriter7

The more the merrier! XD

I usually don’t like endings that are strictly sad or strictly happy. Sad is too depressing; happy is too unrealistic. That’s why I prefer bittersweet because it’s a mix of both. Though I do believe that some stories will call for happy endings, while others call for sad ones. So I guess it all depends.

Hehehe… you’ll just have to read the book to find out who gets killed.

Abigail.M.
                @abigail-m

@joy-caroline

I’ve never read that book, but I’ve always wanted to! I love the ending lines.

@issawriter7
                  @joy-caroline

Yeah, it all depends on the story too, but generally, I like endings where all (most) of my favorite characters managed to survive what the author does to them, *also grabs favorite characters and hides them from the author* XD where if there are love interests in the story, they’ve at least acknowledged each other and where good has triumphed.

I like bittersweet endings mostly in flash fiction (the end of one of my flash fiction pieces The Atlantic Adversity was bitter/bittersweet), but for novels, I spend even more time in them, so I like happy endings (not sappy happy) but not 100% percent unhappiness either. More like a realistic happy.

My very favorite is when the ending is breathtaking and you need to inhale as you read the final line, then you just stare at the wall for about a minute before rereading the line again (do other readers do that, or is it just me?)

Issabelle Perry
                  @issawriter7

@abigail-m

No, I think I do that when that last line is just AMAZING and ends the story in an epicly awesome way!!! That’s EXACTLY the kind of ending I crave for in novels!!! I’m the same where bittersweet endings are cool in flash fiction and short stories but I want a realisticly happy ending for the novels I read!!!! (I’m actually very happy to know it’s not only me who likes those kind of endings, ’cause I started to get a little worried when everyone I know talks about how much they loved bittersweet endings and such.)

TeenWritersNook.com

Anonymous

@abigail-m, @issawriter7

You MUST read TKAM! I will bother you endlessly until you read it. *mwahahaha* My goal in life is to get everyone I know to read that book!

I love bittersweet endings because we don’t always physically get through what we want to. For example, at the end of The Apostle’s Sister Paul is in a Roman prison not knowing whether he’ll be set free or executed, but he’d still trust in God either way. I thought ending it that way was more powerful than if I had included an epilogue explaining, “So he’s set free later!” (And besides, although he was set free later, only a couple years after that the emperor did sentence him to death for good. So the reader would be disappointed things didn’t get physically better.)

Anyways, my point is that I love it when characters are courageous at the end, even if their situation is very bad. 😂

Abigail.M.
                      @abigail-m

@joy-caroline

I agree with that too, I like it when characters are courageous no matter their circumstances.

I think that that excellent ending for TAS.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Abigail.M..
                        Abigail.M.
                        @abigail-m

@issawriter7

That’s actually kinda funny because everyone know loves happy endings XD.

But yeah, realistically happy ones are generally my favorite, you’re not alone there:)

Abigail.M.
                          @abigail-m

@joy-caroline

I guess I have no choice then, ( XD ) I’ll have to read TKAM! 🙂

Issabelle Perry
                            @issawriter7

@joy-caroline

LOL!!!!!! That’s literally how I am with TFP!!! You’ve seriously convinced me to read TKAM!!!! 😉

Yeah, I like it when the characters come out courageous in the end, too!!!

TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
                              @issawriter7

@abigail-m

LOL!!! That’s actually hilarious!!! 🤣

Anyways, should we get back to the game?

TeenWritersNook.com

Anonymous

@abigail-m

Thanks!

Yes, you have no choice! You HAVE to read TKAM!!

@issawriter7

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I’m very sorry for that. But I am just so excited I convinced you to read the best book in the whole entire universe!!!! *screaming and dancing*

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >