Hiii

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KattheWriter
    @katthewriter
      • Total Posts: 103

Hi i’m Katharine, but everyone calls me Kat!

I love writing, traumatizing my cherries *cough* characters, photography, and loooove graphic design. I mostly make character collages and covers, but sometimes use it for my business.

I am an extreme horse nerd, and am learning Parelli Horsemanship.  I hope to run a ministry someday that pairs up rescued horses and Foster kids.

I also am an artist, and started Digital art recently!

If you want to look me up on instagram you can find me @kat.rose.i and find my business @kra.fts

Looking forward to meeting you all!!

Also i’m taking alphas for my current WIP. If you’re interested just lmk!

This is the Prologue :))

Prologue

I gripped the bars of the cell so hard my knuckles turned white.

I thought he had changed.

I thought he cared.

He did it.

The thing I never thought he would do.

I felt like I was in a haze.

The noise of chains met my ears.

He said he understood.

He helped me.

How could he?

I staggered and gripped the bars harder.

He said he would protect me.

That they were wrong.

But then they came.

The noise of the chains rattling came closer.

He didn’t say a word.

He didn’t try to stop them.

He let them take me.

My knees buckled and I fell to the ground.

He turned me in.

And now I’m going to die.

Never turn your back on a truce, because no one hesitates on an open opportunity to strike.

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@katthewriter Yo welcome tot he Kingdom! Nice to meet you!

I gave you a follow! Hope you don’t mind!

Your WIP sounds so cool! What genre is it?

Let’s see…some questions…

1. Favorite books/movies/authors?

2. Other hobbies?

3. Favorite dessert?

4. Pineapples on pizza, yes or no?

Feel free to look around and join us in our other forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1379

@katthewriter

Hi, Kat! It’s great to meet you! I’m Joy Caroline but people also call me Joy, Caroline, or JC. 😂 I write Biblical fiction.

The cover of your book is beautiful! I’ve always wanted to make covers for mine, but I am not good at tech art. If that’s the right term, LOL.

Some questions for you!

– What is your fave book? Mine is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, and if you have not read it, you need to go read it right now!! Seriously. It’s soooo good.

– What’s your fave color? Mine is light pink!

– What’s your fave song? Or an artist or a band, if you prefer! I love Christian groups like The Hoppers, Gaither Vocal Band, Bethel, Elevation, etc. I also love Lauren Daigle. And for pop music I love Mariah Carey and Faouzia. My overall fave song would have to be “Jerusalem” from The Hoppers.

Great meeting ya!! Can’t wait to get to know you better!

KattheWriter
          @katthewriter

@devastate-lasting

I’m so bad at intros so i just copied the one off my profile lol

Hello, and that’s totally ok! Anyone is welcome to follow me, though i must admit i’m not very professional in it.

Well, it’s actually a mix of genres. Some action, technically kinda some sci-fi. It’s complicated. But i drop and leave hints like a mystery book. I don’t usually go ‘oh i’m gonna write this genre’ and then think up a story, i think up a story, and figure that out later. And this book has been in my brain and in the making for mannnyy years. It goes from 3 different Povs.

1. My number one fav is The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. It is soooo good. Also the version I have is this beautiful but simple hard cover thats 60 years old. I just loooove it!

But like a fav book that came out in 2020 was DUST by Kara Swanson, and i can not WAIT for  the sequel that comes out in July!!!!

idk what my fav movie is, i’m weird and like kid movies. like Rise of the Guardians. Or the HTTYD movies. But Spiderman Far From Home, and a few of the other Marvels i like too.

Also. Mandalorian. Yes baby yoda, but also Mando is just amazing. I’m rewatching them now lol.

2. Ummm i do lots of random things. Cross stich. Arm Knitting. Watercolor painting. Pastels. Hugging horses( this SHOULD be a hobby lol). Listening to music. Piano. Teaching an art class.

3. There’s too many options.. but anything with caramel is always good. Strawberry cheesecake is a high on the list, but idk what my top would be. Idk if it counts as a dessert, but it is for me, i looove Chinese steamed buns dipped in condensed milk.

4. Yes. I used to eat it alot when younger. Ham and pineapple pizza, but i actually haven’t had it in many years. But it was a childhood favorite.

And how about you for all those questions? 🙂

Thank you!

Never turn your back on a truce, because no one hesitates on an open opportunity to strike.

KattheWriter
            @katthewriter

@joy-caroline

Well which would you rather me call you? lol, no one calls you Carol?

Actually that one I had the help of a friend, as it was made about a year ago when I wasnt very good at Graphic design, but yes, thank you! Each of the pictures in the letter ‘You’ represent a MC, as there is 3.

But that’s ok! I use canva, it take awhile to learn how, but if you try i’m sure you’ll get better! I’ve been doing it for 4 years now.

-To kill a Mockingbird is SUCH a good book! I love The Witch of Blackbird pond by Elizabeth George Speare, and Dust by Kara Swanson!

– I have 2 favorite colors. Dark forest green, and Lavender.

-I listen to toooonnns of music, like Character Theme songs, and writing music, and songs for me so i can’t pick a fav song. But i love the band Tenth Avenue North, though they just ended recently, but the lead singer (who’s also an author, i love his book, and a speaker) is gonna do some music on his own now. I also like Owl City, some NF, broadways like The Greatest showman, and Newsies, and all kinds of stuff lol.

Hbu to all of that? and how old are you?

Thanks 😀

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1379

@katthewriter

😂 No one has ever called me Carol, actually. Whichever name you feel like calling me, I’m totally cool with!

Wow, it’s awesome that you put so much thought into that design! I like stories with multiple POVs. I used Canva for my school yearbook, and sometimes play around on it. I guess it just takes practice.

Yay! Someone who understands the best book on earth!! And I’ve read The Witch of Blackbird Pond and thought it was such a good read. I should read Dust, since it seems like everyone’s talking about it.

Those colors are super pretty! I really like green, too. I’ll check out the music you mentioned. I love music and am always looking for new stuff I’ll love.

I am 15 years old and a sophomore in high school 🙂

Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting
                  • Total Posts: 1700

@katthewriter I totally relate about genres. Usually mine is like fantasy but also realistic but also crime.

1. Ooh, nice! I’ve heard of The Witch of Blackbird Pond and we used to own a copy though I am unsure whether or not I ever read it. I like a lot of books, including The Little PrinceEast of Eden, My Sweet Orange Tree…

For movies my favorite is Tron: Legacy, as well as a bunch of Christopher Nolan films. I also thought that last year’s Parasite was phenomenal. I like anything lemon, but also I love almost all sweets!

2. Ooh, nice! I love piano as well, and I enjoy making music.

3. I’ve never heard of dumping Chinese steamed buns in condensed milk but I’ll have to try one day!

4. Hawaiian pizza forever yes!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                  Would you mind letting me know
                  If hours don't turn into days

Abigail.M.
                  @abigail-m
                    • Total Posts: 1242

@katthewriter

Hi!
                    That is so cool that you’re into graphic design and digital art! Same here:) I’m not all that great at it yet, but I love it and I also love making collages. That and horses too. I own one (well she thinks she owns me XD ). But yeah, they are my favorite animal, which is your favorite breed? And btw I love the cover of your WIP.

Welcome to KP!

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice
                      • Total Posts: 3365

@katthewriter

Hello there! I remember you from Story Embers 😀 How are you doing?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >