-
Lin replied to the topic Drafting Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@gracie-j Glad I could help! Be warned, writing by hand has its disadvantages (namely, typing it all out again) but I do recommend it but as a distraction-free method!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Drafting Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@gracie-j oh and as for how rough a first draft is….
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH……heh….ehhh…
But for real tho. My first draft consisted of some fairly okay scenes, scenes that needed total changes (due to things that changed as I went on), and….uhhh….paragraphs about what the scenes will maybe have in them because I got too lazy to…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Drafting Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@gracie-j welp while I’m also a bit of a perfectionist (but also rather lazy) XD, I still think I can help some.
1.
Just do it.
Ya, I know this one is kinda like “DUH”, but honestly this is truly the only way to draft. You just have to get something down. Wether it’s a rough scene idea, terrible dialogue, melodramatic emotions, etc, just ge…[Read more] -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Drafting Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
Hehehehe.. well, my friend, you’ve come to the right girl. XD 😉
okay, maybe not really.Well, I’m just gonna start with answering your questions.
~Well, first off, that’s just really really REALLY hard for me, but it honestly takes me reminding myself over and over and over and OVER again that I’ll come back and edit later, I…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Drafting Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@gracie-j Eyy, thanks for the tag! I’ll just answer your questions one by one.
1. Since I handwrite, my handwriting is so messy that I just ignore whatever I wrote beforehand. Also, writing with pen means I can’t edit or delete.
2. When I’m on computer I try not to do second drafts. Although, I will admit, sometimes I do need second drafts to…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@elfwing Whoa, that sounds amazing! Reminds me vaguely of this movie I once watched called Maquia…
Is your main character part of the Silyans?
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-f Ah, I’ve been meaning to read some Star Wars books. I have, mainly, one that’s been sitting by my couch for years. The movie adaptions are really good though.
Oh, you should try it sometime! It’s quite good!
Ah, unfortunately I am not talented enough to write such a beautiful lyric. It’s a translation from Kenshi Yonezu’s “Campanella”,…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@elfwing Anything you want! Here’s to discussing whatever aspect of your WIP you want to discuss.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@elanor Nice, nice! Glad you’ve picked it back up!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@elanor I’ve been maybe writing 5-6 years? What about you?
Oo, yes, those books are really awesome! I enjoy being taken for a ride where I don’t know what will happen.
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing for a Career? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@lydia-s Thank you! Found it on Pinterest!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@elanor I play piano and do ballet! I write mainly crime, fantasy, and school life stories.
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP First Chapter in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 4 months ago
@elfwing Ey thanks! I’ll take a look at it soon!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@elanor Whoa, that’s so cool! You must have an awesome collection!
-
Lin replied to the topic New adventurer here! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@elfwing Ahh…the forum does that sometimes. It’s quite annoying.
I have betta fish! One’s called Dennis, the other called Festus. They’re quite cute.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi, I'm new in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@anika123 Me? I’m old…I can handle some mature stuff. I like crime, mainly. But also sad stories.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@elanor Lovely movie choices! And yes, Hallmark, does, uh, kind of suck. At least for me.
Those desserts sound delicious! And vanilla is seriously good.
Oo, rocks! What’s the most interesting rock that you have?
-
Issabelle Perry posted an update 5 years, 4 months ago
@imwritehere1920 Hey, Lily!! We haven’t talked in a while and I was just wondering what’s been up? How’s life and writing been going?
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi, I'm new in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@anika123 Oh, nice! Any shows you would recommend?
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing for a Career? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@lydia-s I’m glad to hear you love writing so much! And ey, soon to be graduates unite!
Me, I’m going to college for computer science, actually. With a minor in music. I’m not planning on doing any writing classes. I’m hoping to write a lot in my free time, and the dream is to be able to quit my job and become a full-time writer before 30. I feel…[Read more]
- Load More

Hi Issabelle! So sorry, it has been awhile! XD I’ve been doing well; how have you been? Lately, I’ve been trying to work on my WIP (it’s a middle grade fantasy) and write serial stories for kids. I’ve also been gardening, hiking, and just recently started geocaching with my family. What have you been up to lately? How’s your writing going?…[Read more]
Oops, forgot to tag you! Haha
@issawriter7
That’s okay, I know we’ve all been busy. Just wanted to check and see how life’s going, y’know. Oooh, that sounds EXCITING!!!! What’s your story about? How far into it are you? Do you plan to publish it? Oooh, that sounds like soooo much fun!!!! Eh, not much. Classes just let out for me, so I’m ready for my much-needed vacay XD. Kinda just hanging…[Read more]
Haha! I kinda forgot to come back to the forum and mention it…yeah it’s been so long…*slams palm onto forehead* I’m a dweeb XD
EEK!! Thanks so much! And if your peeps have a bunch of younger siblings (we’re aiming for th 4-12 age range) please do tell them!
As for my WIP, I’m on the 5-6ish draft (going through ch. 5-10 again) and it’s a…[Read more]