New adventurer here!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE New adventurer here!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Elfwing
    @elfwing
      • Total Posts: 486

Hello! I am Iris (aka Elfwing)

I’m new on here.

I like fantasy and griffins and dragons. (Toothless is adorable) I like writing a little too much perhaps, so I started writing seriously about a year and a half ago, and now have lots of fantasy novels ‘done’ and working on another currently. My characters are running amok and don’t do as they’re told most of the time, but my friends love them.

I am a Christian and I hope to use my writing to glorify God. My favorite book of the Bible is Romans, especially chapter 13. I like ducks and hiking and dinosaurs. I am home schooled  but graduating this year! I also really  archaeology and history, and Tolkien is my favorite author. I like doing short stories about themes such as God’s goodness through hard times.

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@elfwing Hi there! Welcome to the Kingdom! I’m Linyang, though most here call me Lin.

Ah, dragons. Is this the type of fantasy that you write? I write fantasy as well, though I stray more towards an urban fantasy. Can you tell me what your current work in progress is about?

Also, beautiful profile picture.

Ey, I’m homeschooled as well, and also reaching that thing called graduation. Really exciting! And ducks and dinosaurs are pretty cool.

What are some of your favorite movies/books? What kind of desserts do you like? And do you agree that pineapple should definitely belong on pizza?

Fantastic meeting you, and hoping to see you around the Kingdom soon!

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Elfwing
        @elfwing

Hi Lin!
          I write fantasy with dragons, yes, and owls and griffins and firebirds (cranky phoenixes that can light their feathers on fire and don’t get along with griffins) Also in this same series are certain people who can morph into owls, griffins and dragons depending on their lineage (I suppose that sounds weird outloud).
          I have never read or written urban fantasy but it sounds cool!!!
          My work in progress is in the same series as my first book, and it’s about two cousins (one of whom is a kid of a previous character, and wouldn’t you know it, her nickname is Linn!) and they have to save their homeland, because there are giant dragons called the Guardians; they control the elements of the world and they wake up in a cranky mood… (they are all roughly the size of small cities).
          Thank you! it’s my duck I raised from hatchling, her name is Ruby 🙂
          Do you have any animals or pets?
          Favorite movies would be LoTR series, the Hobbit, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Reign of Fire. what about you?
          Books; Tolkien. All the way. I also like Lois Walfrid Johnson’s series such as the Freedom Seekers. Do you like Tolkien’s books?
          My favorite desserts would be… Mango Sorbet, Napoleon Icecream and Pavlova. how about you?
          YES pineapple totally belongs on pizza! and my mom does pizza homemade so I’m spoiled; I get to do my own lol. Caesar dressing is really good to dip pizza in too, if you haven’t tried it I recommend it! Do you like pineapple on pizza? Do you like anchovies on it?
          cool to meet you too!
          sorry I sometimes write long-winded when I explain things lol

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Lydia S.
          @lydia-s
            • Total Posts: 399

@elfwing

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I’m Lydia. 😀

Wow, it’s awesome that you’ve already finished several novels! Congrats!

Dragons are wonderful, and griffins are as well. I love fantasy! It’s an extremely fun genre to write. That’s what my main WIP is actually. 🙂

I’m homeschooled as well, and though I’m not graduating this year, that event is looming in my near future. Scariness. 😉 Congrats on finishing high school! *throws confetti* 😉

Once again, welcome to the forum! Can’t wait to get to know you better. 😀

Kathleen
            @kathleenramm
              • Total Posts: 635

@elfwing

Hiya! Awesome to have you!

Did someone say Toothless? Man, I love that movie so much. XD

Ah, Tolkien. He’s one of my favorite authors as well. Which all of his books have you read? I’ve only read LoTR and The Hobbit, but I’ve been wanting to read the Silmarillion.

Ruby is so cute! Do you have any other pets besides her?

Also, what’s your current novel your working on about?

Again, great to have you here! See you around!

Elfwing
              @elfwing

Hi to you all! Thanks for the welcome 🙂
                Yes! Toothless is great, I love the babies Nightfuries, they’re so cute.
                I have read the Silmarillion, Book of Lost Tales 1 & 2, Book of Unfinished Tales, Children of Hurin, The Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit. I confess my bookshelf is Tolkien and history books for the most part.
                Yes, I do have a few more pets; I have four ducks, Drake, Ruby, Opal and my favorite, Itty Bitty. I also own a salamander named Yoshi.
                Do you have pets?
                My WIP is fantasy genre, the ninth in a series I’m writing called the Forgotten World/Guardians of Visaya. This one is the main characters, Alinna and Viktur, wrapping up the revious book’s mission of saving their homeland by taming giant dragons and relifting a land for people to re-inhabit and then the foreshadowing of a war which will be in the next book… (these are all roughly 100 pages long in size 11 Arial font)
                what’s your WIP?
                Oh, by the way, I am curious; the ranks, what are they? They are fun names!

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1379

@elfwing

Hi!! I’m JC. Oh my goodness I love the book of Romans toooo! I would have to say chapters 8 and 9 are my favorites. I’m writing a Biblical fiction novel about St. Paul from his sister’s perspective.

I would love to read a short story of yours sometime!

Elfwing
                  @elfwing

Hi JC!
                    Romans is amazing book. That sounds really cool about your novel!
                    Thank you! Short stories are something I have only been doing recently, but I like doing them inspired by pictures, it’s lovely to have that to help me, because my drawings rarely turn out and when I imagine things I see pictures.
                    I love the sea!
                    Do you like short stories?

Elfwing
                    @elfwing

By the way I am trying to reply to all the different people individually but I’m not sure if it is working…

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1379

@elfwing

Oh, to reply to an individual person, just type the @ symbol and their username right after. Like for me that would be @joy-caroline 🙂

Thank you!

Ooh, I recently entered a flash fiction contest where we were given a picture to write our story to! It’s a pretty fun way to get the ideas rolling. I think short stories are great. I love writing them, since they don’t take as much time and outlining as a novel, and they’re great to practice with creating epic plots and characters and other such stuff.

Elfwing
                        @elfwing

@Joy-caroline
                          ok thanks!!
                          that sounds so cool about the stories!!

Linyang Zhang
                          @devastate-lasting
                            • Total Posts: 1700

@elfwing Your WIP sounds so cool! I’d love to hear more about it!

Ruby is so cute! I have two fish, but that’s it.

Oo, lovely choices! My favorite would be Tron: Legacy, but I also love Inception, The Dark Knight, Parasite, and Midnight Special.

Ah, yes, I’ve read the Lord of the Rings, the Silmarillion, and the Hobbit when I was younger, though I think I should reread them again sometime.

Those desserts sound delicious! I do love ice cream and pie and anything lemon.

Eyy, pineapple gang! And no, I haven’t tried Caesar dressing on pizza before. I’ll have to try it out! And no, I don’t think I’ve tried anchovies either, but I’ll have to try it out someday.

No no you’re fine! We love long replies here, haha.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                            Would you mind letting me know
                            If hours don't turn into days

Evelyn
                            @iluvhim18
                              • Total Posts: 95

@elfwing

Wait, I know you! 😀 Hi, Iris, I’m Evelyn!

I know the struggle of having unruly characters that refuse to do what they’re told. *glances at the army of teengers running around, screaming, and setting things on fire* Yeah…..

Anyway, my favorite book of the Bible is Ruth, I just love the story so much and their faith and willingness to do what God’s asked of them. I also like ducks. (Though personally I prefer ducklings to full-grown ducks) I’m not really an outside girl so I don’t hike, but I do love to swim! I’m a big Geography/History nerd, probably because my dad teaches Geo/History at my high school…

Hope you enjoy KP! 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Evelyn.

If you ask me about my book, I will talk for hours. Have a nice day!😊

Elizabeth
                              @lewilliams
                                • Total Posts: 252

@elfwing Hello and welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’m Elizabeth, and it’s so very nice to meet you!

Ah yes, a fellow homeschooler and Tolkienite! *fistbump* Wow, your Tolkien list is impressive! I own the Book of Unfinished Tales, but haven’t gotten around to reading it yet. *shakes fist at homework*

Awww, Yoshi is such a cute name for a salamander!!! I 100% approve of this. Also, your WIP sounds so cool! I love all the fantasy creatures you’re incorporating–and wow, that’s a lot of books!

Now, a question for you: what do you like to do for fun? (Besides writing, of course.:P)

It’s really nice to meet you! I’m looking forward to seeing you around. 😀

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Elfwing
                                @elfwing

@iluvhim18

Hi Evelyn! do you mean you know me because of the character discussion or that we’ve met before in person?

Cool to meet you and yes history is amazing!

My characters rebel against me, but they’re pretty well-behaved in the book to be honest, ahem *whispers; for the most part Sh!! don’t tell that they snuck off on a year-long adventure without telling people so that they could save the world XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >