New adventurer here!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE New adventurer here!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Elfwing
    @elfwing
      • Total Posts: 486

@lewilliams

haha, yes, I am a Tolkienite to be sure, cool name for it, sounds better than Tolkien nerd XD

Thanks! I love griffins… they just look so cool!!! The thing I like about fantasy is that I can make my own twists on creatures without people telling me I’m incorrect XD I mean, if I am wrong I like to know, but… yeah, with writing its fun to just relax and enjoy it XD

Yes, Yoshi is a sassy thing. it’s a good thing she doesn’t have teeth, because the second my hand is near her she thinks it’s food.

What I like to do is… well, drawing, I love drawing. I like making things out of clay, but they don’t always turn out. I like putting on LoTR as background noise and drawing/doing school/writing, because I know the movies so well. I also like just sitting and thinking and drinking black tea, and trying to invent things that end up usually being a waste of time.

Yes school gets in the way of so many books… I’m graduating this year so I am doin’ cartwheels! XD

Good to meet you too! 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Elfwing.

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Elfwing
      @elfwing

@devastate-lasting

Sorry I think I sent a reply to you? it disappeared and I can’t find it…

in case it didn’t send, what kind of fish do you have?

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@elfwing Ahh…the forum does that sometimes. It’s quite annoying.

I have betta fish! One’s called Dennis, the other called Festus. They’re quite cute.

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Elfwing
          @elfwing

@devastate-lasting

ok, good to know 🙂

oh nice! good names for fish, I like it! Bettas are so fun!!

Evelyn
            @iluvhim18
              • Total Posts: 95

@elfwing

I mean I know you because of the character discussion, I don’t think I know you in real life, but you never know! 😉

*whispers* Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me!

If you ask me about my book, I will talk for hours. Have a nice day!😊

Elfwing
              @elfwing

@iluvhim18

oh, ok, yeah, I wouldn’t know either lol

do you have any catch phrases?

“mwahahaha I is evil…” is when I’ve done something mysterious. When I’m trying to figure something out; “Give us a chance, precious! give us a chance! It must give us three guesses, precious! It must give us three!” *imitates Gollum’s voice and holds up two fingers. XD

Evelyn
                @iluvhim18

@elfwing

I actually use “mwahahah I is evil…” as well xD And another thing I say is “okie doke!” or “yeppers!” I’ll also go, “but did you die?” whenever one of my siblings complains to me. lol

Elfwing
                  @elfwing

@iluvhim18

haha cool! when my siblings whine, I say something similar; “you gonna live?”

if it’s like, bump their to into a corner or step on lego, i’m like “Be it a mortalizing wound?”

them: …..*silence

Evelyn
                    @iluvhim18

@elfwing

I’ve got to try that sometime, they already get soooo mad at me when I ask if they died. Time to make them even more mad at me hahhaha.

They got so upset when I called them ‘homosapiens’ until they told on me to our parents and my parents explained that it just means human….

Elfwing
                      @elfwing

@iluvhim18

HAHA oh man, I feel sorry for them… (almost)

oh and a line I just came up with yesterday for a sarcastic book character, “oh, my heartbreak.” *pauses while they whine some more, sighs, “suck it up, you’re fine, I don’t see blood or broken bones.”

Homo sapiens XDD

my siblings would just ask me what it means until I tell them. Although they’re still little kids, so they would likely believe me if I told them bananas are made of moldy spider-legs ( the black seeds) with yellow mold (the outside)

I got that from Kent Hovind, his brothers did that to him when he was a kid, apparently. (He’s a creation scientist, by the way, somewhat famous, I think? his dinosaur video is AMAZING)

(I have never met him)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Elfwing.

Evelyn
                        @iluvhim18

@elfwing

That’s great! And little kids are very impressionable, one time I convinced my little brother one time that apples were just cherries all grown up. (Don’t worry, I fixed my mistake later, I’m not that mean!)

I’ve never heard of him, but then again, I live under a rock when it comes to popular media. xD

Elfwing
                          @elfwing

@iluvhim18

HAHA apples are grown up cherries, that is awesome!!! oh man, I remember someone telling me I’d have sprouts grow out of my ears if I ate apples seeds, my sister avoided them like the plague and I ate all the ones I could get, just to be a rebel XD

yeah he’s not the most popular person, but he has some good stuff.

Kads
                            @scripter-of-kingdoms
                              • Total Posts: 765

@elfwing Hi! My name’s Grace (you can call me Kadotake if you want though, it’s my online alias 😄). Great to have you here on the forum! Ahh, a fellow Tolkienite!! I love LoTR and The Hobbit (ahh but I’m still stuck like 3/4 of the way through the Two Towers since it’s so long. Hngh. 🥲) And- WHAT? A FELLOW DUCK PERSON??? I have quite a few ducks, my best friend and I live on the same farm, and we both love ducks, sooo things work out XD

A few questions for you!

1. How long have you been writing for?

2. (If @devastate-lasting hasn’t already asked this 🙄) Pineapple on pizza? Yes, no, maybe so?

Ah, nevermind, Lin already asked that. I need a default question like that one… how about this one: What is your least favourite food and why?

3. What’s your most hated movie adaptation of a book?

And that’s all from me for now! Looking forwards to getting to know you more 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Kads.

staring at the fields
                              if nothing's really real
                              i'll make the winter now my home

Elfwing
                              @elfwing

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Hello Kadotake!

ooo I like saying that out loud, I’m grinning like a Cheshire cat, that’s such a cool alias!!

Yay!! someone else who loves ducks! that’s so cool you have ducks!

I have been attempting writing fantasy and getting stuck on chapter one since I was… oh, grief, eight? I started getting somewhere about a year and a half ago. I cringe at my writing of the past, but it’s hilarious to read my interpretations of different kinds of relationships that go beyond a friendship.

YES I love pineapple on pizza, lots of it and lots and lots and LOTS of cheese!!

My most hated adaptation of a book to film? oh, goodness, um… I is so evil, but it’s a tie between the Hobbit trilogy, and Prince Caspian. (Have faith, I am still a fellow Tolkienite!)

BUT I do love the end song of Prince Caspian though, and all three end songs from the Hobbit movies are three top all time favorites. I have wasted too much time sounding terrible trying to sing the Last Goodbye without tearing up. XD

Good to meet you too! I’m enjoying all the articles on here, they are really helpful. Oh, and a question; what is the ranking? I tried to figure it out, but I went from Bumbling Henchman to Charismatic Rebel in one day. (I mean, I am a rebel, so…) just curious 😀

Abigail.M.
                                @abigail-m
                                  • Total Posts: 1242

@elfwing

Hello Iris! Or would you prefer Elwing? Either are awesome:)
                                  I guess I am pretty late here in welcoming you to Kingdom Pen, BUT they say it’s better late than never so welcome! 😀
                                  Your WIP sounds amazing, (I also love griffins, dragons, and phoenix, but sadly don’t get to add them in my current WIP, *shrugs* oh well:)

And okay, judging by your tagline, you have watched Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron no? If so, *extends hand* we’re friends… XD Actually we’d be friends either way, but still, that is so cool! Who’s your favorite character? 😀

Anyhow, welcome to KP, it’s awesome to have you here!! 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Abigail.M..
                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >