Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Ariel
    @ariel-f
      • Total Posts: 50

Hi, my name is Ariel, I’m fifteen years old. I’ve been writing seriously since 2019. The novel I’m currently working on is set in the future.

I’m a Christian and I’m homeschooled. I love wolves, horses, music, hiking, swimming, reading, and writing!

Some of the other genres I write in are Contemporary, Science Fiction, and Historical Fiction.

I’m so excited to be here!

Kathleen
      @kathleenramm
        • Total Posts: 635

@ariel-f

Hi! So nice to meet you! I’m Kathleen, I’m also homeschooled and I love writing in pretty much every genre, except for Romance. (It’s cool as a sub-plot, but main plot is not really my thing. XD)

Wolves and horses, are some of my favorite animals as well! Along with Whales, Dolphins, and Deer.

What kind of music do you like to listen to? Do you have any favorite artists?

Swimming and hiking are so fun. Though, I’ve only hiked a couple times in my life, because in Florida, the tallest “mountain” you’ll see in on a golf course. XD

What’s your current story your working on about?

Anyway, it’s great to have you! See you around!

Ariel
        @ariel-f

Hi, Kathleen! What kind of music do I listen to? I generally listen to a Christian radio station, and occasionally a Star Wars soundtrack. Favorite artist? It’s hard to decide, but I like For King and Country.

You live in Florida, that’s cool! My brother has always wanted to go there.

The current story I’m working on is set in the future. The transportation is quite advanced, and it’s all air travel. The whole world is ruled by a single person. An evil man. He has made a lot of strict rules, and the people have no control. Religion is forbidden. If you break any of the laws, you will be hunted down, and immediately put to death. (Very harsh!)

There’s a girl, her name is Tori. She’s about seventeen and lives in a village on a European island with about 400 other people. They’ve chosen to live in hiding, out of the Ruler’s reach and strict unfair rule. Since they’re not in contact with the outside world and technology, they have to live Medieval style.

Tori ends up being banished from the island and goes out into the world. She also meets this pilot (unnamed).

In the end, her village is in danger and she has to save it.

My story is in the very early stages, I’ve not even begun to write it yet. I want to finish the plot first.

Thanks!

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1379

@ariel-f

Hi, Ariel! I’m JC, and I write Biblical fiction. I also enjoy contemporary and historical. I’m not much of a fantasy writer, but we’ve got some awesome ones on here! Your book set in the future sounds awesome!

My two favorite books are Les Misérables by Victor Hugo and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. What are some of your favorite books?

Great to meet you! Can’t wait to get to know ya!

Ariel
            @ariel-f

Hi, JC! I’ve never read Biblical fiction before, it sounds interesting. I don’t really write in fantasy either.

I’ve heard of Les Misérables and To Kill a Mockingbird, but I haven’t read them myself.

Some of my favorite books would be The Edge on the Sword by Rebecca Tingle, Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell, and . . . Probably a book I haven’t read yet! Oh, I do like Louisa May Alcott.

It’s nice to meet you also!

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1379

@ariel-f

You should check out Marjorie Holmes’ books Two from Galilee, Three from Galilee, and The Messiah. They’re what first made me realize I wanted to be a Biblical fiction writer, and they are a very powerful trilogy!

You should definitely read those two! They’re sooo good!

Ooh, I haven’t heard of those! I’ll have to check them out for summer reading material. I like Louisa May Alcott, too. Little Women is a really good book. 🙂

Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting
                  • Total Posts: 1700

@ariel-f Hi Ariel! Nice to meet you! I’m Linyang, though you can call me Lin, if you’d like. Welcome to the Kingdom!

I love wolves, music, and reading as well! Since you write science fiction, are there any sci-fi books you would recommend me?

Your story sounds awesome! Can’t wait to hear more about it.

Oh, by the way, do you like pineapple on pizza?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                  Would you mind letting me know
                  If hours don't turn into days

Elizabeth
                  @lewilliams
                    • Total Posts: 252

@ariel-f Hello Ariel!! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Elizabeth:D

Your WIP sounds so cool!!! How long have you had the idea for it?

I saw that you like listening to Christian music (for King and Country is an excellent choice, btw). Have you heard of Tenth Avenue North?

Question for you: what’s your favorite beverage? (Tea, coffee, lemonade, etc.)?

It’s so great to meet you!!!

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Lydia S.
                    @lydia-s
                      • Total Posts: 399

@ariel-f

Hi, Ariel! Welcome to the forum! I’m Lydia. 😀

Ooo, the genres you write in sound like loads of fun! I’m a dabbler when it comes to writing genres, so I’ve written something in most (Except mystery… Though mystery is a component in my main WIP). I’ve written a short story set in the future, and it was a lot of fun! I might have to join you in that genre sometime. 🙂

Here are a couple of questions for you, if you feel like answering them:

1) Who are your top three authors?

2) Which mythological animal is your favorite?

3) Who is your all-time favorite book character? (Yeah, I just asked a nearly impossible question… *facepalm*)

Once again, welcome! Can’t wait to get to know you. 😀

Ariel
                      @ariel-f

@joy-caroline

Wow! Thanks, I will definitely check those out.

Yes, Little Women is a good book. I’ve probably watched all the movies based on it.

Ariel
                        @ariel-f

@devastate-lasting

It’s nice to meet you, Lin!

Although I do write Science Fiction, I’ve never read any Sci-Fi books, I probably should find some! I’ve read a few Star Wars books, but I wouldn’t recommend all of them. Probably just the movie adaptions.

I’ve never had pineapple on my pizza! But I do think I would like it, so I’m going to say, yes. Pineapple on pizza.

By the way, did you write your signature? I like it!

Linyang Zhang
                          @devastate-lasting
                            • Total Posts: 1700

@ariel-f Ah, I’ve been meaning to read some Star Wars books. I have, mainly, one that’s been sitting by my couch for years. The movie adaptions are really good though.

Oh, you should try it sometime! It’s quite good!

Ah, unfortunately I am not talented enough to write such a beautiful lyric. It’s a translation from Kenshi Yonezu’s “Campanella”, a really beautiful song, based off of a beautiful book. I highly recommend you check it out! (I would add the author to my signature if it weren’t for character limit…*sigh*)

Lately, it's been on my brain
                            Would you mind letting me know
                            If hours don't turn into days

Kathleen
                            @kathleenramm
                              • Total Posts: 635

@ariel-f

Cool! I’ve heard a lot about For King and Country.

Very harsh indeed! But also so interesting. How to you go about writing a story? Like, how do you go from an idea to a finished novel? I’d love to hear your process.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Kathleen.
                              Ariel
                              @ariel-f

@lewilliams

Hi, Elizabeth!

I’ve had my WIP for only about two weeks, so it’s a pretty new idea. The plot is still developing. I’m a little scared because this is the first idea I’ve had that seemed long enough to be a novel. I’m also super excited!

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Tenth Avenue North, are they your favorite artists?

My favorite beverage. . . Well, I don’t drink coffee (yet). I guess it would be, strawberry lemonade.

It’s nice to meet you!

Elanor
                                @elanor
                                  • Total Posts: 186

@ariel-f

Hi Arial! I’m Lilly. I’m also a Christian and homeschooled. I’m also new on here.

The book you’re writing sounds really cool! I find futuristic books and movies very intriguing. I personally haven’t seen any Star Wars, though I know many people who have.

Ooo, for King & Country are one of my favorite CM artists as well! (Along with many others including MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Danny Gokey, Dan Bremnes, Hawk Nelson, Jason Grey, Matthew West, and the list goes on… and on… lol.)

Nice to “meet” you. 🙂

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >