@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic When it all seems rather unnerving… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
Well hello there! It’s nice to meet you @christianna-hellwig
Admittedly, I haven’t much advice to give, because I haven’t “done much”, as you put it in your post. I’m eighteen, but I’m still learning how to do things like finish a draft, create characters, create (and write) a solid theme. I like learning. Makes places like KP all the more…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Blogging… in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 7 months ago
But if you just want to write for fun, you can basically do whatever you want :). And whether you intend to build an audience or not, the best tone to use is yours. Don’t try to be anyone else, like DG said.
I can’t even begin to tell you how important this is @catwing! Don’t forget it. 😉
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey all! Yesterday’s chosen one was @pickupyourpenandwrite! Congrats!
A new week means all new opportunities to get your name into the newsletter! Want to share writing advice with your fellow KeePers? Simply respond to this thread and you’re entered in our little contest!
Starting this week, include your blog in your post, and the weekly…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic What's the best book you've read recently? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I can’t stop thinking about this book I read a few weeks ago.
<i>Scythe, </i>by Neal Shusterman. I’m not gonna give any spoilers plot-wise, but suffice it to say that this book has amazing worldbuilding, the character development is really well done, and the overall concept of the book isn’t at all what I expected it to be–it’s better.
This…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Norse Mythology Short Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Yep, Slytherin and proud. 😉
Okay, so it sounds like you’ve got all your plot events in order, but what I haven’t heard you mention are the characters. What motivates the characters to go through with this? What are they trying to learn? Have you thought about that at all?
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart
Cool! I like to draw too 😀 Also mostly pencil, though watercolors and markers are pretty cool.
I actually wondered if you drew your profile picture. It looks cool! Is it supposed to be one of your characters? Or just a random lady. (I draw a lot of random ladies 🙂 .. )Sewing is pretty cool too! I don’t sew but I think it…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Whoops @rochellaine haha
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochelaine I agree with kayayoung and jenwriter! They have the right idea 🙂 Just try to get his name in there asap without spoiling the classy intro. 😉
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
* any questions! Not and questions.. *facepalm*
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart
Personally I would say yes… Though this might just be a matter of opinion.. Might I suggest trying to combine a few of the characters into one? That could cut out a good chunk. You’d just have to figure out what parts of them are relevant or important to the story and figure out how to take that and put that into a different…[Read more] -
Ingrid and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Ummm, which Joseph? There were two important ones. I’m assuming you mean the one from Genesis, not the one from Matthew and Luke?
Yeah, I would never think of crushing on most of the characters in the Bible, no matter how much I admire them. But for some reason Jonathan really appeals to me as a man, not just a hi…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Quillon is one of my favourites 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec uhh….*starts to sweat furiously* Not sure. It was a long time ago. But I am definitely now going to go and reread A Little Bush Maid and see if I can track down a hardcopy of the others.
Ha, I’ve always liked Joseph a lot, but I’m not sure if I would say I had a crush on him, just that I really like him and look up to…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 and
Rochellaine are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Getting back to the original topic…Has anyone read The Courtship of Miles Standish? I really loved John Alden in that because the poor guy had to fight it out with himself about whether to help his best friend court the girl that he was actually in love with himself.
I also adore Peter in Not Regina.
And I’ve always wondered: Is it sa…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@Ariella-newheart Oh cool! You’re exactly right I’m from Middle-Earth (or from Australia, take your pick ;P)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Oh, I had this same problem with one of my books… 🙂
Since this is a series you are writing, the easiest way to do it without confusing the readers might be to make only a few characters the important ones in each book. If the others are background characters in one book, and then they become important characters in another…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Good question! I have struggled with the exact same thing in my KPA (that’s Kapeefer Adventure, sort of like the LOKD). I guess it depends on the series: How long it is, and when and where your MC(s) are traveling. If you have to put in all your recurring characters, you could either alter the characters so they fit each scene,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Haha! No, I was speaking figuratively. There’s no specific “marriageable age.” 😀
However, my dad is from the Middle Eastern culture, and marriage and grandchildren are very important to him, and to all of us. After all, “children are a blessing.” 🙂 The way we figure it is a guy is “ready” to get married when he has a good job with…[Read more]
- Load More
