In Honor of Valentine's Day…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions In Honor of Valentine's Day…

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Ummm, which Joseph?  There were two important ones.  I’m assuming you mean the one from Genesis, not the one from Matthew and Luke?

Yeah, I would never think of crushing on most of the characters in the Bible, no matter how much I admire them.  But for some reason Jonathan really appeals to me as a man, not just a historical/spiritual figure. 🙂  Maybe it’s because he’s not written as a spiritual leader, but just as a friend of David.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

ClaireC
      @clairec
        • Total Posts: 628

@rochellaine, right, that makes sense! 😀 I thought it was a little…um…unusual.

Also, totally agree with your description of how a man or woman is ready for marriage. This would be our family’s thoughts too.

And yes, yes, yes! You are 100% right! A woman’s highest calling is being a wife and mother! I’m tired of people talking about women’s rights, and how women shouldn’t have to take care of the kids, and should be able to have a career, etc. I agree that a man should support his wife, not make her his slave, but, biblically, it’s actually a women’s God-given role!

Thanks for posting, it’s great to find someone with similar views! 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

PrincessFoo
        @princessfoo
          • Total Posts: 194

@rochellaine I don’t know if this counts, because it is in a video game (though they have written books about him), and he is married and has kids, but I just think he is super awesome. It’s Go’el (Thrall) from World of Warcraft. I fangirl so hard over WoW, and Go’el especially. Once, my character went up to talk to him, since he had a quest for me, and he said something like “Hello [character name], it is good to see you.” And I literally squealed, and said (out loud) “He said it was good to see me!” My family thinks I am crazy.

They are not wrong.

I also really like Kai from the Lunar Chronicles. That’s all I can think of for now.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@princessfoo Haha! 😀  I have gotten some strange looks from my sister upon saying things like that…

Thanks for answering!  This is a fun topic. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Hannah
            @salome01w4g
              • Total Posts: 991

@rochellaine

I just re-read the Viking Quest Series, Mikkel 100% !! 😛

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Hannah
              @salome01w4g

@rochellaine ahh our endearing Colonel Nobody. 🙂

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@salome01w4g Ohhh, you read The Boy Colonel?!! It’s wonderful!  Do you really like Nobody better than Edmund?  I don’t know which one I like better, except you get to know Nobody better since he’s the protagonist.

I re-read the Viking Quest series all the time.  I feel so sorry for Mikkel when Dev tells him to stay away from Bree. 🙁  Because he’s amazing!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Hannah
                  @salome01w4g

@rochellaine Same problem other than the twins are awesome (in the other 2 books)

Ikr Dev is the older brother I don’t but wish I had 😀

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@salome01w4g No big brothers?  Aww.  I’ve got three, and my oldest brother is just as protective and caring as Dev!  Do you have any siblings at all?

I felt really cheated at the end of the fifth book when we didn’t get the scene where Tully told Mikkel he actually wasn’t marrying Bree.  Mikkel must have been so relieved!

I liked the twins pretty well, too, but I thought it was really weird that Lawrence called Pacarina “Dear” when he was just asking her to act like his sister.  The only way I can explain it is if he was already “in love” with her and wanted to call her “dear” because of that, since brothers don’t call their sisters dear except as a joke. 🙂  Chester’s taste in excessive amounts of weapons was hilarious!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

LivGiordano
                      @livgiordano
                        • Total Posts: 86

@rochellaine @salome01w4g I love the Boy Colonel, as well as the other two. XD.  I think Chester might be my favorite though. And Edmund. Wow. I think he deserves a high ranking. *cries* Especially that ending.

www.livforhim.wordpress.com

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@livgiordano OH NO!!!! I haven’t finished the last book yet!!! Is that a spoiler?  *screams* *bursts into tears* What am I going to do if Edmund dies?  Please tell me that doesn’t happen!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

LivGiordano
                          @livgiordano

@rochellaine I’m just leaving it at that. You’ll have to keep reading to find out. Let’s just say that he should take the nickname “Noble”. For this case, at least…

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@livgiordano  You’re torturing me!!!!

They should make the giving of spoilers a violation of the forum rules.  It causes too much trauma.

😀 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

LivGiordano
                              @livgiordano

@rochellaine 😂 I would’ve thought that you already read it. But I wrote that vaguely just in case. Good thing I did. *coughs* Speed read like crazy so you can find out. Okay…and I didn’t spoil anything. Yet. Just gave you vague hints of something. 😏🤐And then let me know your reaction when you finish.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >