Blogging…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Catwing
    @catwing
      • Total Posts: 2557

I’m thinking about starting/rebooting a blog.
      So if you have a blog I would like to look at it to get ideas (formatting, scheduling, etc.)
      I’m thinking about doing a serial story and some comics on mine. Or something like that.
      But before I make it I want a plan!
      Do you have any advice?

@dragon-snapper
      @seekjustice @rochellaine @winter-rose @jane-maree

@daughteroftheking
      @mariposa @jenwriter17 @itisastarrynight @salome01w4g

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Grace H.
      @gh24682468999
        • Total Posts: 199

@catwing I think most bloggers post weekly or biweekly or twice a week… something like that, and their readers can expect them on a certain day of a week.

My biggest piece of advice is to write about things you’re passionate about so you can muster the strength to release something regularly.

My blog thing is in my signature if you want to check it out. 🙂

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
        literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99
          • Total Posts: 1819

*shuffles in*

I’ve avoided commenting on any threads about blogging up until now, so you should feel honored, @catwing.

The reason being, I just started my blog, it looks like a four-year-old made it, and it has a grand total of three posts on it. That being said…it’s still mine, and I’m starting to love it, so, a few things.

First off, the one thing I’d stress is to have fun with it. For me, that’s meant not focusing on getting a set schedule right off the bat, and writing instead when I’m inspired. When the blog was just a few weeks old, I felt like I should be posting when I wasn’t, and I stressed myself out so badly I almost gave up. So…don’t do that.

I’m not sure what you plan on using this blog for–building a platform or just personal purposes–but if it’s for personal use, the design probably doesn’t matter that much.

That’s it, I think. If I think of anything else I’ll comment below, but there are a lot of other, smarter blogging-people than me on here, so you’re in good hands.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@catwing Basically, post about what you love–don’t fake it, because otherwise people won’t like your stuff. Trust me, I know. Just post what you love, and love your blog.

If you want to see what I post, my blog link is also in my signature.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

@catwing If you want to look at some blogs for formatting, I would recommend Jane Maree’s at janemareeauthor.com.au. She posts a two times a week I think (@jane-maree please correct me if I’m wrong) she has a nice looking blog. Then there’s @mariposa ‘s at thetinytealtypewriter.com. Katie Grace at awritersfaith.blogspot.com. Those last two have really nice looking blogs too. Katie posts every Saturday, which I think is a good idea and I think I’m gonna go with that plan when I get my blog up.

I think the best advice I could give would be to be yourself. People like casual more than professional. I’ve run across all kinds of blogs. Some were super professional that I quit following them because I couldn’t really get to know the blogger. Then I came across a blogger who typed that she was texting. ya know, a bunch of abbreviations and stuff like that. I think there’s a balance.

hope this helps!😊

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

Catwing
              @catwing

@gh24682468999 Hmm… Thank you.

@that_writer_girl_99
                I’m not the only one! I had started one… But I didn’t do much on it… Well I did stuff But I wasn’t consistent… Maybe I can just resurrect it… *looks at her blog* Will you look at that. It’s funny… To me. I shall bring you back soon! And rescue those poor people who I left on a cliff. Hanging. Again. Since July 2017… Great. Sorry world…
                Thank you very much. This is it by the way if you want to see. https://whooswriting.blogspot.com

@dragon-snapper
                Very nice advice. I looked at your blog. It is nice.

Peoples you are welcome to still give me advice. :3 Thank you.

Catwing
                @catwing

@jenwriter17 That is very helpful. Thank you. *has SO many tabs of KaPeeFers blogs up on her browser* This is very inspirational. *thinks up a plot*

Jenna Terese
                  @jenwriter17
                    • Total Posts: 2522

@catwing I have a few kapeefer blogs I’m following too 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                    www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine
                      • Total Posts: 3322

@catwing I’m sorry, I don’t have much advice to give you.  I don’t really follow blogs, though I do randomly binge-read fashion blogs. 🙂 (Is binge-reading a thing like binge-watching?  Or did I just make that up?)

However, I absolutely love the format of @seekjustice ‘s blog.  It’s one of the nicest blogs I have seen.  😀

I agree with Elizabeth that you don’t need a set schedule at first.  Once you figure out how often you are able to write, you can set certain days to post.

Aaand, that’s all I have.  Blessings on your endeavor!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99
                        • Total Posts: 1819

Is binge-reading a thing like binge-watching?  Or did I just make that up?

Definitely a thing, @rochellaine.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Jane Maree
                        @jane-maree
                          • Total Posts: 909

@Catwing I 10000% second the suggestion to check out Katie Grace’s blog. She’s an epic person, and her posts are always amazing. <3 <3

I would suggest starting off with just one post a week. I usually do two, but it does take a lot of commitment to get out two posts every week. Start small and build up. 😛

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine
                            • Total Posts: 3322

@that_writer_girl_99 Haha, Good, because I just realized I binge-read quite often.  I’ll take an old series of 3-10 books off the shelf and lie down and re-read them till 3:00 am.  😀

So if it’s a thing…other people do that too?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

NC Stokes
                            @daughteroftheking
                              • Total Posts: 1156

@catwing I don’t blog, but have you ever taken a look at @ethryndal ‘s blog?         https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

@rochellaine
                              Oh, yes. *crazy smile* I binge-read all night more than I care to admit… 😛

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Sage G
                              @sage-g
                                • Total Posts: 45

Hey,@catwing!

I’ve been blogging for almost a year, so I don’t have all that much experience, but I thought I’d throw my two cents in anyway. 🙂

I usually blog about books, nature, and the occasional random thought. I tried, and was semi successful, at posting once a week,which was relatively easy to keep up with, but lately I’ve slacked off quite a bit. I try not to worry about it, and only post when I feel inspired to write about something, and not just post for the sake of having ‘content’.  I think posting once a week, or even every other week is a good plan, and maybe later when you have a rhythm going you can post more frequently.

I hope that helps a little!

https://sageinthemeadow.wordpress.com

Sage G
                                @sage-g
                                  • Total Posts: 45

Whoops! I’ll try that again… @catwing

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Sage G.
                                  • This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Sage G.

https://sageinthemeadow.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >