In Honor of Valentine's Day…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions In Honor of Valentine's Day…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

Oh!  I just thought of someone!!!  Or, two people.  Colonel Nobody and Edmund from The Boy Colonel by John J. Horn!  Colonel Nobody is adorably confused with the sudden armful of loveliness thrust upon him in the shape of Lady Liana, and Edmund is a great pal and counselor.  I can’t decide who I like better.  Anyone else read that book?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I’ve always liked Galahad (and I like Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings too, because he reminds me of Galahad), and I like Percival cause he’s just a little less perfect than Galahad.

I probably do need a psychiatrist *chuckles evilly*. But loving someone doesn’t mean they’re safe. I think my favourite male character was Jonas….and well, look what happened to him.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, I don’t know if I ever told you how much I liked Jonas.  I don’t think I listed him with my favorite characters because the list was already too long.  But I loved his sweet counseling of Chessy which did not detract from his manliness.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Emerald Flyer
          @emerald-flyer
            • Total Posts: 33

@inklng-for-christ

Yes, Faramir! I think he was the only book crush I’ve ever had (or the others have slipped my mind). Faramir is always in my top five(or three, it really depends) LOTR characters.

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I think you might have actually (or it was @jenwriter17 I’m not sure). I really enjoyed writing him, especially the scenes with him and Chessy. 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

ClaireC
              @clairec
                • Total Posts: 628

@seek-justice, really?! Which ones?

We have three full (fifteen book) sets in our family, one for each sister. My eldest sister started reading and collecting them when we traveled around Australia in a caravan, and we all read her copies. For Christmas 2016, she found some full sets and single ones online, and compiled a set for each of us. We’re all getting a little older, and starting to think about the future more, so a set each was really nice, to know that’s a memory we’ve shared as kids, teens, and young women, and to know that we can share that memory with our own children.

Sorry I just got all sentimental on you. 😛

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17
                  • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice yeah, Quillon is a pretty cool guy 😉

@rochellaine
                  I like Gavinaugh and Dalton too. and same! I never liked who Dalton was with at first. Carliss is just awesome

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                  www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@clairec Oh, we’ve worried about the same thing!  We have thousands of books in our library, many of which were birthday and Christmas gifts for various of our thirteen siblings.  Now that five of us are marrying age( 😀 ) we have kind of reached an agreement with our anxious younger siblings that any books gotten while at home stay with our parents’ library when we move out, and we all have to start our own collections when we have our own families.  The only problem with that is, what if I marry a guy who lives across the country and I can’t come over and re-read very often?  Whenever we visit my parents all I’ll want to do will be binge-read? :O 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

ClaireC
                    @clairec

@seekjustice

ClaireC
                      @clairec

@rochellaine, Yep! The books are your true family. 😀

Also, I quite curious now. You guys have a specific age that you call marriageable age? What is it? We don’t have a specific plan, although I do know that I don’t want to date, looking for ‘the one’. I’m just waiting for God to bring me the right person in His perfect timing. 🙂

Please don’t think I’m saying that your family’s method is wrong at all. Everyone does it differently, and so long as we remain pure and follow God’s will, it doesn’t matter how we fall in love.

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@clairec Haha!  No, I was speaking figuratively.  There’s no specific “marriageable age.”  😀

However, my dad is from the Middle Eastern culture, and marriage and grandchildren are very important to him, and to all of us.  After all, “children are a blessing.” 🙂  The way we figure it is a guy is “ready” to get married when he has a good job with an income that can support a family and is mature enough both mentally and spiritually to lead a family.  A girl is “ready” when she can run a household, (cook, clean, take care of children, etc.,) and is mature enough for the responsibility.

We don’t date either, but we do not intentionally wait to get married.  I’ve met a couple of girls who told me they didn’t want to get married because it would “hinder their career.”  But to me and my parents, being a wife and mother is the highest calling a woman can have.  Since none of us kids have ever been “in a relationship” I can’t tell you how we would handle it, but it would probably be something like “court for the purpose of getting to know each other and with the possibility of marriage.” 😀

Umm, should I post this?  *blushes* It’s kind of an embarrassing conversation to have on the internet. 🙂

Well, post it anyway…

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

Getting back to the original topic…Has anyone read The Courtship of Miles Standish?  I really loved John Alden in that because the poor guy had to fight it out with himself about whether to help his best friend court the girl that he was actually in love with himself.

I also adore Peter in Not Regina.

And I’ve always wondered: Is it sacrilegious to have a crush on Jonathan, son of King Saul?  He was absolutely AMAZING.  So unselfish; so full of love for David and God that he didn’t think of himself.  He’s basically the sidekick for all sidekicks to model themselves after.  Why did he have to die?!  I am planning to write a character based on his character traits someday.  Does anyone else like him?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@clairec uhh….*starts to sweat furiously* Not sure. It was a long time ago. But I am definitely now going to go and reread A Little Bush Maid and see if I can track down a hardcopy of the others.

@rochellaine

Ha, I’ve always liked Joseph a lot, but I’m not sure if I would say I had a crush on him, just that I really like him and look up to him. Him and Ruth are two of my favourite (human) characters in the bible.

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@jenwriter17 Quillon is one of my favourites 🙂

Grace H.
                                @gh24682468999
                                  • Total Posts: 199

@inkling-for-christ Aw yes Faramir is awesome! 🙂 🙂

So far the only book crushes I remember are Brambleclaw from Warriors (only towards the end of the fourth series) and Jason from Percy Jackson – which is weird because both of them have POVs somewhere in the series. I don’t get that “oh they are so heroic” feeling when I read from their POVs, but when you’re watching them from afar… *grins*

Also Eikko from 4th and 5th book in the Selection series, because overall he is really sweet with a solid, honorable character. I just realized I liked him a lot, but I never classified him as a book crush.

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                                  literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >