-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12
Yep!!!! I’m on right now!!!!!!!!!!1 -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I thought I’d revive this neglected thread, because it looked like it was starting to collect dust. How is everyone (and all WIPs) doing? Looking forward to New Years? Doing any New Years writing? I did some yesterday, but now I feel like banging my head on my desk for ideas… ah, the struggles…
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
Caira would rather have six arms (her magic is conducted through her hands, so that’d come in handy in combat…
Hmm… tough one! She’d probably communicate with the weather, though
Would your character rather be able to breathe underwater or fly?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Dialogue Tips? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
That sounds like a super effective method, @abigail-m! That seems like a good approach to writing dialogue if it feels like you’re the one talking with them rather than other characters… I’ll give that a shot! And that quote is very helpful (I’m a fan of writing quotes)! And true, I try to incorporate plenty of action in the midst of dialogue, b…[Read more]
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Hello From Me To Kingdom Pen! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Greetings,
I very much quite liked The Narnia books, what is your favorite and least favorite books in the series?
My favorite is the Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe and my least favorite is the Magician’s Nephew. That isn’t to say it was bad. Just. If I had to choose one, that would be it.
If you would like to know my personal favorite (and…[Read more]
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Cheesy Jokes (Writer's Edition) in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Oh, what a coincidence. My characters as well. Our characters have something in common, then. 😀
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Cheesy Jokes (Writer's Edition) in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Okay, new joke of the day,
So there’s a duck and everyone thinks this duck is the best novel writer to ever exist. BUT there’s another duck and everyone thinks IT’S the best novel writer to ever exist. Ya know what they call that?Â
A paraducks.
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Dialogue Tips? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@writerlexi1216
NP!!!! -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hey fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Hello!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Writing in all caps is just LOADS of fun so I’m happy this forum inspired you to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
TYSM!!!!!!!!!!! It’s been around since the end of July of this year! I wanted to be able to create a fun and encouraging place for aspiring teen writers!!
*gasp*…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski's profile was updated 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@writerlexi1216
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oooh, that’d be AWESOME for you to read it!!!!!!!!! I’m not sure how that’d work yet, though!!!It really depends on the agent. I know some who’ll respond to query letters in three weeks and some who takes three months. And then there are those who don’t respond at all. And that’s just…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@Gracie J.
My WIP has actually been smooth sailing today! I’ve gotten a lot written and edited, so I’m hyped about it for the time being! My current word count is probably around 16,000 words, but I have a tendency to edit every scene once I finish it, so that slows me down a bit. I’ve hit a little bump in the road, though, trying to figure out…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
That’s great, Issabelle!!!!!! It’s a super awesome feeling to finish a book, so congrats and best of luck!!! I’d love to read it if you don’t mind! It sounds really interesting! 🙂 It makes me more motivated to finish my own WIP when I read other people finishing theirs!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Dialogue Tips? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for the help, you guys!!! This is a huge problem for me in my writing, so I’m open to any good advice!! I’ll definitely try to be more aware of real-life conversations from now on, and talking out loud would probably help me a lot!! I get what you mean about slang, though–most of my characters are young (15ish), so it would make sense to…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Issabelle Perry and
R.M. Archer are now friends 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hey fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@writerlexi1216
HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *gasp* Really? *high-fives* EXCLAMATION MARKS ARE LIKE THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! Great to meet you also!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!! That’s SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantasy’s a pretty fun genre!!!!!!! I can also…[Read more] -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hey fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@millennium
Oooh, cool!!!!!!!!! Great suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Haha, really? Wow that’s pretty interesting. I think I probably am a combo of two personalities. That’s actually SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ll have to read Skyward then if it’s sci-fi. I’ve been REALLY Wanting to read more sci-fi. I feel like…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Wattpad? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@e-k-seaver
I’m SUPER glad I could help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm….I don’t really know of anything like that, sadly. I think that’s one of the things that sets wattpad apart from other writing sites. What I do is publish chapters of one of my stories on my blog and ask for my readers to give feedback in the comments. There’s a suggestion. Sorry…[Read more] - Load More
