@beth-torres
Active 4 days, 2 hours ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 532
-
Ruth replied to the topic Weapons, Tech, War, Armor, Anything warrior related. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Weapons, Tech, War, Armor, Anything warrior related. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Excellent question. Yes, it doesn’t go all the way down to the feet, but it’s a shield designed to be protective of threats more in front and above. It isn’t meant to be a body shield, but a soldier can stake the shield into the ground, then crouch beside it when in assault. They can also lower the shield by rotating the top to th…
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh, I just don’t understand the whole story (not the backstory, just the whole scope of the story) but I wouldn’t expect to when I haven’t read everything you’ve written about it 😊
That’s probably cuz I haven’t written all of it! I just kinda make up a character, make up a backstory and make up random scenes and eventually patchwo…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks. **Me not knowing what else to say for a few minutes…**
I have a current WIP in which, Alpha is not even born yet. I have a like ten WIP’s that are in the thought and jot stage. the Alpha story is one of those.
What don’t you understand?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Weapons, Tech, War, Armor, Anything warrior related. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I need to make a mental note of that shield shape…That has potential. Thanks for sharing!
Just one question, how do they maneuver the shield when they fight? The unique shape causes me to wonder if the top part would not hinder certain movements, for instance, protecting their feet. I see, by placement of the handle, the shield…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Blogs! in the forum Non-Fiction 2 years, 11 months ago
Wow, your posts are great! I only read one but you’re very talented!!
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
That’s fair. If it feels natural to you, than I’d say leave it, as long as it isn’t creating weird jarring breaks that throw the reader out of the story, which I don’t think it is, except for here:
You’re telling me.
Where I had to pause for a moment and reread it. I’m still not sure if I understand this line 😂…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @anyone
CONTINUED FROM EARLIER…
Two elves bore Alpha upon a stretcher into a cell, where Grathmere was held. Carefully, they set him down, and exited the cell. Alpha glanced at his father before staring at ceiling of an unidentifiable type of stone.
Grathmere was in his normal elven like form, with fiery eyes and ashen skin.…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
You might not care, but I try to maintain a fairly equal ratio of male MCs to female MCs in a book. This shouldn’t be the deciding factor, but consider that adding Liv as a MC would give you a 2 to 4 ratio (double the amount of female characters to male), whereas you currently have as even a ratio as possible with 2 to 3.
Obviously, you m…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Oof, sounds pretty sad to me…poor siblings 🥺 (sounds pretty angsty XD)
From what I’ve read, your book seems really interesting!! 💕🤩
Well that scene was from an old story, which gave me the idea to write my current WIP based off of that. So it didn’t make it through editing, neither did most of that very sloppy 41K very rough “dr…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
**Me dying inside cuz I spent an hour typing the end of Grathmere’s story and it wouldn’t post**
Anyway, attempt NO. 2 shall appear soon, just give me another hour…**groans**
-
Ruth replied to the topic Weapons, Tech, War, Armor, Anything warrior related. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Actually, I haven’t yet! I make mental note of that. Thanks!
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @anyone
THE CONCLUSION OF GRATHMERE…
His son, his only living son, lay dying in his arms. So powerful was he, but he could not even save his son. A slit of red appeared under Alpha’s black lashes, his eyes were slightly open.
“You did this. It was your people, your allies who have done this.” The once strong voice of Alpha had…
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
Sure. Let’s see…here, I found this paragraph especially confusing:
You’re telling me. I had more questions, but held my tongue because Thing’s current track record hasn’t been the most helpful for answering them, other than explaining my inability to eat.
And there were a couple other spots where it switches to present tense lik…[Read more]
-
Ruth posted an update 2 years, 11 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @whoever
I HAVE JUST COME TO A CONCLUSION ON THE GRATHMERE-ALPHA PROBLEM!!!!!!4 months at least after it showed up to haunt me, I came to it’s conclusion last night! I’ll post it on Chat Chat, see you there! -
hybridlore replied to the topic Blogs! in the forum Non-Fiction 2 years, 11 months ago
Thank you!! Yeah, Wix does have that! I don’t know about designing your own background, I had a little bit of trouble with that too but was able to figure the header out. Euodia knows a ton about it, tho! 😁
It did! I like it, yeah. I’ve used blogger in the past so Wix was a little hard to figure out but euodia helped me as well, so I…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ and
Janellebelovedpig are now friends 2 years, 11 months ago -
hybridlore replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, someone was talking about that… Weird! I wonder why?
-
hybridlore posted an update 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys! Are my posts showing up for y’all? When I go to the topic page, I see them, but they don’t show up in recent topics :/
@savannah_grace2009 @esther-c @grcr @euodia-vision @acancello @highscribeofaetherium @whalekeeper @anyoneelse-
I think I can see them? At least I can see this one…
-
I think so? I’ve been having trouble with my posts too.
-
@euodia-vision @savannah_grace2009
Okay, good XD I think they worked.
@freedomwriter76
Oh okay, thanks. It just wasn’t showing the topic in recent topics, but I know KP goes through a lot of glitches so I’m glad it still works!
-
-
hybridlore replied to the topic ✨ WIP Rant Chat!!! ✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
- Load More
