@beth-torres
Active 3 days, 7 hours ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 532
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
Easton
Easton opened his mouth to speak but was silently interrupted by Hallie flashing her wide smile and stepping towards the well-groomed young man that approached them.
“Excuse me, do you know where the Math class is?”
“Actually yeah. And unfortunately that’s where we’re headed.” She frowned, but her amusement s…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks girlies!! <33
-
Esther replied to the topic Preachiness, Allegories, Analogies, and Every Other Way to Implement Your Theme in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 7 months ago
You’re totally fine! Sometimes it’s just fun to listen. (:
@freed_and_redeemed @whalekeeper @trailblazer
I love all the points y’all have made!!
I think that really clarified things for me. I suppose most non-Christian authors go into writing their stories the same way we do—they want to write a good story and present their convict…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
Yessss!!! Do it!!! 😆
*ahem*
No beating around the bush… Fin’s a favorite of mine. 😜
-
Esther replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 7 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @savannah_grace2009 @lightoverdarkness6 @smiley @grcr @whoever-i-don’t-know-who-else-to-tag
OK!
Since Wyoh is being mean to me, I’m going to cheat and give you guys a Canva link to view the moodboard instead.
Take that Wyoh…[Read more] -
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
Yay!! I found it!! Not sure how I missed it to begin with… but whatever.
Anywayyyy… It’s here if you wanna use it:
***
Hallie“Are you sure my hair looks okay?”
“Hallie, it looks fine.”
She turned away from the window and narrowed her eyes at her brother. “You aren’t being honest, you just don’t want to be late to class.”…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What category would a "survey" go to? in the forum Questions and Support 2 years, 7 months ago
I think the best place to put that would be under General Writing Discusisons. Or Book Discussions (even though it’s not a book). Either would work, so it’s up to you. (:
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
I can’t find itttt 😭 It was so good too 🥺
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
Everton
“Yeah…yeah. You’re Ev. I’m…I really, really need to get to class. So can you get out of my way?”
Tony pushed by. Ev’s face twisted. Ok then, apparently he hadn’t slept very well. But maybe Ev was right. Tony’s hair looked less styled than it normally was and he had dark circles under his eyes.
Something…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Preachiness, Allegories, Analogies, and Every Other Way to Implement Your Theme in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 7 months ago
@trailblazer @whalekeeper @freed_and_redeemed
You guys these thoughts are so good!!! I wish I had time to reply to them all now! But seeing as I don’t, lol, I should be able to reply to all of them later today!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
Chase
“Oh.” Chase set down his pencil, after drawing a bird, and began reading again, leaving the other two to converse.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
😂😝 Nar’s intrusive thoughts are hilarious.
That saying is actually from a Ukrainian/Russian woman I know who was talking about how different manners are in her country.
Apparently a preacher from America said “love you, bye” to three girls who then got together and said they thought they were gonna get married. That’s one sticky w…[Read more]
-
Ruth posted an update 2 years, 7 months ago
Chase needs a hug.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
Nar
“Thought I’d try band. I can play a good piano, and often do it to humor Jr, who likes to do a good metal music duet with me. I’m not sure the other one yet. Thought I’d wing it to win it or something, ya know? Besides, I dragon crash a lot of stuff like math.” She winked at him, glad Jr hadn’t heard him call her ‘doll’. To a…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
Sure! I’m curious how far Nar will go XD
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
Oh, and @loopylin plz rp Ellie, cuz I can’t think of anything for Chase to say rn that’d be in character.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
-
Ruth posted an update 2 years, 7 months ago
Guys…Chase might have Cancer…
-
WhAt
Okay lemme get this straight
He’s got a terrible parent, per the norm, but also scars, speech problems, lots of mental stuff due to ded mom, foster care trauma, and probably a lot of injuries within the story on top of probably using his powers too strongly at one point and hurting someone….
And you wanna give him cAncer??
Ngl, I’m besties…[Read more]-
A side character with cancer can be fun, if it’s not super traumafied. Like the boy I know and his family still act normal and invite me over, and he usually starts playing with legos or with dry ice outside.
Like, I cannot stress enough the normalcy a real person with cancer will follow. It’s kind of amazing.-
Oh, and I don’t mean it will take up your “life.” I meant “energy.”
-
When I looked up Chase’s Broca’s Aphasia (which I do not assign to him directly in the rp, but will do in his actual Universe) I knew that the cause was often pressure or damage on the piece of the brain that deals with communication. This can come in the form of a brain tumor.
That is why I purposefully added the word ‘might’ to my update.
-
I’ve made a lot of decisions about Chase lately.
He used to have a mental therapist, but I’m leaning toward him not having one and his foster family trying to find one that suits him.
Instead, I decided to give him something I don’t dread researching: speech therapy. This is common for those with aphasia to have.
-
Now I need to get a title and more inspired to write his book one day.
Though, it’ll probably be a while in the future. -
Great, glad you figured it out. I’m giving a charrie some brain damage too and it complicates things bevause you have to decide how much it’s going to affect them. Have you figured out a plot for the book? If you haven’t, I don’t blame you, because plot is hard lol.
-
Reply button!!! I demand you come back!!!
I don’t think so…I have scraps. For one thing, there’s a slyiad who disguises herself as a school teacher (reason why Chase does not like school teachers) and is searching for an ancient object that’s buried somewhere under Shyton.
Once she discovers Chase is part shyiad, she tries to kill him, and in…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
-
The reply button isn’t working for me either 😝
Oh, okay, that makes sense. So the school teacher is like Mrs. Dodds from PJO 🤣 Narsa Jeptune is a cool villain name. It’s good you can map out some beats in the beginning.
I have like… the emotional beats worked out plus the physical stuff that necessarily have to happen. First book is outli…[Read more]
-
- Load More
