-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Buuuut as far as the first question goes… you could have his parents killed for seeking peace? But Len doesn’t know that they were seeking peace, just that their “enemy”, whoever that may be didn’t like their motives? (I’m trying to figure out how to explain what I’m picturing XD) But like, all Derek wants is peace throughout th…
-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Len’s parents could have been involved in some kind of dangerous or just forbidden movement, but I’m not sure exactly how that would fit into your plot. Or maybe they were killed by members of that movement/society. If they were members of the society, then Len’s redemption arc could have something to do with figuring that out,…
-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Here is his moodboard just because. 😜

(He also struggles with grief over the loss of his family)
-
Esther started the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Ok guys. My villain needs some help. Or rather, I, as his author, need some help. I need to decide on his evil title and part of his motivation.
First, some background on him: (Warning: There are a few spoilers. Read at your own risk.) (Another Warning: I do mention murder a few times.)
Derek Len desired peace. It was all he wanted. All he…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What makes a character meaningful? in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Meaningful characters are hard to write, especially if they aren’t the MC. Depending on their personality, they will be meaningful in different ways. So here are some tips that I hope will be helpful 😁:
1. Give clues to the reader that Layson is important. With side characters, some are important and some aren’t. You gave…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Aren’t big families super fun? You’re “violin-squeaking,” huh? I fiddle around with that instrument too, hoping to learn mandolin or dobrolin sometime.
Yes, they are. 😊
Yep! Lol. I play violin, it just doesn’t always come out sounding pretty. 😜
Cool!!
My favorite vacation spot would be Walton’s Mountain Lodge in CO. 14 year…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
They look really similar and are distantly related, but are separated by like five thousand years of time or something, so it’s not like they’ll ever meet (alive anyway). I haven’t ironed out how long exactly.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Here’s the drawing! Picture quality is terrible, sorry. Hunter’s on top and Snake’s on the bottom.

-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Feather
“Well, I know to keep calm, not to move the person, try to slow down the flow of blood if they’re bleeding, call 911 and wait. But uh, I don’t think we’re going to be getting any emergency services here. Um… I’ve learned how to use a tourniquet, but we don’t really need that here and none of our supplies here…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Me neithe, I don’t want real swear words. It’s kind of funny, because I found a creative usage of one idea.
“Teeth of Snake” is the favored expression of my charrie Hunter. It doesn’t mean an actual snake but rather a mountain range called the Teeth of Snake, which in turn was named after a legendary (and long dead) dragon. The…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
(Exactly.)
-
Esther replied to the topic Its been a while in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Welcome back, @alia!!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur writer!!
My current WIP is called the Endoxos Trilogy, book one being called Ember of Hope. I also have ideas for stories/novels in a bunch of different genres.
So cool that you play violin too! I suppose that brings me to t…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@kyronthearcanin That’s cool! (Better than me, I have no gift in language. The best I’ve done is make up expressions for my dragons to use so that they aren’t using any words a reader might find offensive)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Yeah, a lot of things make no sense to me….
Oh, and your language ideas are cool!
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
(Possibly) (Now, if we are speaking of the unknown as the future, things that are yet to happen, then there is no way that we can make a model that accurately represents it. All we know is the known future. There is an extent and a limit to what we can know. This shows how finite we are, and how omniscient and infinite our God is.…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Thanks! Although I’m not sure how much of that we’ll need to use, it’s helpful information.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 7 months ago
@mineralizedwritings Wow!! That’s some great art right there!
@freedomwriter76 Thanks!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 Awww Rueben!
Don’t worry, many of my charries have suffered the same fate. And some that aren’t even mine, so…. *ignores Star-Lord glaring at me*
It’s sad but sweet how he thought of his family first.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 Well, I’m not writing 15 at once. They’re all in a sort of series. I’m currently writing the 4th and 5th ones.
@kyronthearcanin My brother loves the floor version of that game. I don’t see any reason to it….
…but then again, I’m the girl who thought skipping while walking was a useless way to spend time and looked like…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@janellebelovedpig You make Lego stop motion? I’ve always loved doing that! I haven’t done any in a long time, but when I was younger, I made a few simple ones, about Owen and Blue from Jurassic World. Owen found a jetpack for Blue and they used it to fly around….
It was pretty fun. What are your stop motions about?
- Load More
