@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What made you start writing stories? How old were you when you started? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
Wow! You definitely take the crown as the person that started writing the earliest!
What were some of the stories your mom dictated about?
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@merieshenanigans Ah thank you!
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@merieshenanigans I use a platform called Webnovel XD Also known as QiDian International.
@kathleenramm Sure thing! Here’s the link!
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
Ah yes, one of the most frustrating things about having an unfinished story are the characters’ incomplete arcs.
For me, it almost feels like the character is never at peace until the book is finished. Stuck in a bad state of mind, or believing some lie, and the only way I can help them out is to write and finish Their arc a…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm I published a short story a few months ago, and am currently working on a longer work.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
That’s cool! Have you published one of your webnovels online yet, or are you still in the process of writing it?
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm Truth be told, I am rather new to the business of writing webnovels. It’s very popular in Asia, an easy way for writers to get their writings online. From what I’ve seen webnovels are generally serialized daily by chapter, each usually a first draft, which usually makes them lower in quality than a traditional novel. Each chapter is…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
I really like the idea of working on three projects at a time. That way, whatever you work on it feels fresh and new.
How do you write web-novels? And how much different is it than writing traditional novels?
-
Lin replied to the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm Recently I’ve gotten into review swaps on one of those webnovel sites, and it’s been pretty good for my motivation. Now I really want to go work on my projects.
Essentially I am constantly working on three projects at a time: my main stuff, which is handwritten; a webnovel; and working on typing and redrafting what I have already…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What motivates you to write? What do you do when you lack motivation? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
What motivates you to write?Â
What do you do when you lack motivation?
What motivates me to write is the adventure of exploring new worlds and interesting characters. Once I’ve deeply developed both I find it so easy to write. However, if I’m not interested in the characters, if they’re too vague are haven’t been fully created yet, it’s hard for…[Read more] -
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a genre of fiction you want to write in, but haven't yet? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
Same! Science fiction is the genre that I would like to write a novel in but haven’t written in yet.
Mixing sci-fi with fantasy sounds really cool! There are endless cool story ideas that can come out of that combination of genres. But yeah, I’m on the same boat as you and haven’t yet thought of a plot idea.XD
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a genre of fiction you want to write in, but haven't yet? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
Steampunk has always intrigued me as well!
Although I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that was Steampunk. Have you read any Steampunk books that are good?
-
Lin replied to the topic What's a genre of fiction you want to write in, but haven't yet? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm Probably the former. I once had a short story idea for the Great Chicago Fire of 1873, but I managed to incorporate that into fantasy.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a genre of fiction you want to write in, but haven't yet? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
Yes, the research is very intimidating.
When you do write a historical fiction novel will you just have it take place in a certain time period, or will you base it after an historical event?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hi, I guess? 😛 in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 2 months ago
I’ve finished the LotR just a couple of days ago, and I’m happy to say that you do not have to worry about me ever disagreeing with your statement. Â XD
You’re good at naming characters?!?!?! Oh my yes! I need help!
I’ve been stuck with a character named Barrett. I very much dislike the name, (sorry to all the Barretts out there), but…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What's a genre of fiction you want to write in, but haven't yet? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm I think it would be historical fiction.
There’s a lot of aesthetics/time periods that I really like, (1920’s, 1930’s, 1870’s) but I guess the reason why I haven’t is because there’s just too much research to do.
Maybe one day! Who knows!
-
Kathleen started the topic What's a genre of fiction you want to write in, but haven't yet? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
“What’s a genre of fiction you want to write in, but haven’t yet? Why do you want to, and why haven’t you yet?”
For me, it would be science fiction. I think the genre would be really fun to write in. And the types of stories you could write in that genre are endless.The reason why I haven’t written sci-fi before is that I really want to take…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi, I guess? 😛 in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 2 months ago
@morwen Do you have any other hobbies?
-
Lin replied to the topic I should probably do this… in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 2 months ago
@warrenluther04 Nice! A lot of people I know think that anime is ugly, but I think they’re looking in the wrong time period.
Do you have any other pets besides your dog?
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi, I guess? 😛 in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 2 months ago
@morwen Legolas is indeed cool. Since you know so much about LOTR, might I ask you, is Legolas’s hair brown or blonde?
Also, what other books do you like?
- Load More
