I should probably do this…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE I should probably do this…

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting
      • Total Posts: 1700

@warrenluther04 So what kind of digital art do you draw? (Ahh kind of envious of people who can draw their own characters…I do draw, but not frequently, and not well enough for whatever I see in my head :’))

Lately, it's been on my brain
      Would you mind letting me know
      If hours don't turn into days

Merie Shen
      @merieshenanigans
        • Total Posts: 38

@warrenluther04 Yeah I should be doing that. I’m not sure why I never got around to getting myself a pair of those glasses xD

I’m not into photography, but it’s really fascinating. And hey, that’s a great way to improve painting! I think. I’m trying to sound encouraging and like I know what I’m talking about, which I don’t because my past attempts at painting are shameful. I’ll try again soon one day.

That’s great! Worldbuilding can be tricky in dystopian, I suppose, though I don’t have a lot of experience writing it. Only reading it. And being disappointed. *Looks at Divergent* What subgenre of dystopian would you categorize yours as? I don’t know the exact names for each subgenre, but since there are a lot of different types…

~ always be a happy camper ~

WarrenLuther04
        @warrenluther04
          • Total Posts: 270

@michelle Yeah, it’s pretty crowded XD
          Ooh! Yes, I’d love to see them! Hope they turn out well! And yep, my mom’s the same way lolol.
          Yes, I have watched ATLA! Pretty recently actually; I watched it for the first time a month or two ago? (I’m late, I know haha).
          And it’s fun, but veeeeeeeerry time consuming and tiring. But I think it’s that way with any sport lol XD

@devastate-lasting
          If you’re asking what style I draw, it’s anime/manga. I’ve tried to go realistic, but it never looks right to me lol. If you’re asking what I draw digitally, it’s drawings of my characters or fanart or stuff like that. I’ll sketch out the lineart on paper and then scan it and upload it into Photoshop to do the final lineart and details … or at least I did, until my Photoshop account got cancelled because my photography account ended lol.

@merieshenanigans
          They’re pretty great, and pretty cheap online, too. The only problem is that they tint everything yellow (at least mine do) to block the blue light, but I got used to it pretty quickly.
          Yep, photography’s pretty cool, especially with all the different techniques (though it can be a lot to remember lol). And yeah, I attempt to sound like I know what I’m talking about, but in reality I just kinda do whatever and hope it works haha.
          Oof  to Divergent XD. I actually read that recently too (geez I’m behind on a lot of things lolol); I’m kind of concerned that my dystopia is going to be too similar to Divergent, but I mean hey that’s what editing’s for. And I’m honestly not sure about the subgenres; this is my first honest-to-goodness attempt at a dystopia, so I’m not all that knowledgeable about the different subgenres.

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
          ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting

@warrenluther04 That all sounds very cool. Do you watch any anime/ read any manga?

Michelle Black
            @michelle
              • Total Posts: 87

@warrenluther04 They turned out great!!! and they were gooooood:)

Who is your favorite character in ATLA

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
              @william-starkey
                • Total Posts: 634

Guess I’m kinda late, but…

@warrenluther04
                Yep; the Cubs are a good team. So are the Dodgers, too, I’m sure.

Yeah, the guilds were great! I don’t know why they got rid of them; I think it had something to do with inactivity or something.

Gee, thanks! I actually revised that poem, but that is the original version.

Yeah, that’s okay; would’ve happened any time anyways.

@kathleenramm
                Thanks! Maybe I’ll draw more sometime soon.

@merieshenanigans
                Thanks!

Merie Shen
                @merieshenanigans
                  • Total Posts: 38

@warrenluther04 That’s pretty much what I do with drawing, so I’m not judging xD

Honestly, if you’re putting that much effort into worldbuilding, I think it’ll be very different. But yeah, save that for the editing. Well, that makes sense! If it’s similar to Divergent at all, it should be an interesting type 😛

~ always be a happy camper ~

Kathleen
                  @kathleenramm
                    • Total Posts: 635

@warrenluther04

Manga/anime art style is so fun to draw in!

When you try to draw realistically, a lot more things can go wrong.

*Thinks about all my horribly failed sketches that haunt my dreams at night*

But I still like to sketch in both. It just depends on what drawing mood I’m in.

What do you like to photograph the most?

I like photography as well, but your right about all the different techniques being overwhelming. Taking a good photo is a lot more complicated than it looks. XD

Joy
                    @dekreel
                      • Total Posts: 2304

@warrenluther04

Hey, Warren!!!! It’s been a while; so great to see you!! 😀 😀 😀 How have you been?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

WarrenLuther04
                      @warrenluther04

@devastate-lasting I haven’t really read or watched any manga or anime, at least not through a whole series. I mostly just like the art style; one of my friends taught it to me awhile back and I just kind of picked it up.

@michelle
                        That’s awesome!

@leon-fleming Hey, I’m late too (o_0; )
                        Yeah, probably. I think they explained it on one of the SE forums, but I don’t know for sure.

@merieshenanigans
                        XD
                        Well, I hope so. But either way it’s been fun, so I count that as a win!

@kathleenramm
                        It is!
                        And that is so true.
                        *Shudders at my own horrible sketch failures that also haunt my dreams*
                        I’ll try to sketch realistically, on occasion, but it generally ends up looking bad so I revert back to anime/manga XD
                        And generally I like to photograph my dog (as seen in my profile picture) or flowers. Some of my friends are dancers and let me photograph them, too, so I can get some cool shots from that too.
                        And it is! I definitely appreciate professional photographers more now 😉

@dekreel
                        EYYYYYY! Hi!! It’s great to se you too!! 😀 😀 😀 I’ve been doing fine; lockdown can get kind of boring sometimes but I have a lot more writing time so that is a definite bonus. And hey, I’m getting back active again on KP! 😀 How ’bout you?

Linyang Zhang
                        @devastate-lasting

@warrenluther04 Nice! A lot of people I know think that anime is ugly, but I think they’re looking in the wrong time period.

Do you have any other pets besides your dog?

Joy
                          @dekreel
                            • Total Posts: 2304

@warrenluther04  Yep, I feel that. This whole year has been really really slow for me and my family. It can be a downer. But I’ve managed to find things to do and friends to talk to which is nice. How’s your writing going? Anything in particular you’re working on? (I guess I could go back and read the previous comments but I’m lazy hahah)

You can pronounce it however you want.

WarrenLuther04
                            @warrenluther04

@devastate-lasting Yep!

And yeah; in addition to my dog, I have a couple chickens and a fish.

@dekreel
                              Yep, same here … especially with talking to friends. And my writing’s going pretty well; I’m bouncing back and forth between my WIP from last year (or year before..? I’ve lost track of time haha) about superheroes and a new dystopia that I started a couple months ago. How about you?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >