@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Hear ye! Hear ye! The Ducktator doth cometh, bearing greetings and pancakes! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 7 months ago
Hello! Your projects sound really cool. I love fantasy.
Thank you!😊
I play piano as well. I like it sometimes. What kind of music do you like to play?
I don’t play too much for my own enjoyment, but when I do it is often hymns, which I arrange myself. I also play music in church, so I have to practice that.
RP stands for Role P…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hear ye! Hear ye! The Ducktator doth cometh, bearing greetings and pancakes! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 7 months ago
I’ve read Skyward, Tress of the Emerald Sea, A Frugal Wizard’s Guide to Surviving Medieval England, and all of the Stormlight Archive except Dawnshard, which I think I have from the library, but is missing. Alas.
Awesome! I’ve read all of those except Stormlight 4, which I’m in the middle of. Are you about to read Yumi then, sin…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 7 months ago
I have not forgotten about Ellie&Seb. I am just going to wait a little longer for @godlyfantasy12 in hopes that a couple subplots are not buried :]
-
whaley replied to the topic Headaches in the Form of Characters. Help! in the forum Characters 2 years, 7 months ago
Do you want help pinning down his traits? I’ve just noticed you mention how hard it is to write Alpha quite often.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Hear ye! Hear ye! The Ducktator doth cometh, bearing greetings and pancakes! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to KP! I missed your initial arrival due to being sick, but now I’m here! I’m Jonas, more enigmatically known as Cloaked Mystery. I write mostly in the fantasy genre, but usually with hard rules that verge on sci-fi. I like creating magic systems, usually hard ones, but I have a few soft-ish ones. My current project, whi…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hear ye! Hear ye! The Ducktator doth cometh, bearing greetings and pancakes! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks! A few tips would be nice, but I’m mostly focusing on my other WIPs right now.
Alright:)
Oh yes. Especially at the end when Alcatraz and Bastille were arguing over who broke the balcony. And I’m so glad Grandpa Smedry is still arriving late for his death. I love him.
Yep, Grandpa Smedry is the best! So you’ve read Alc…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 7 months ago
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 7 months ago
There should be 24, so 23 will die, leaving one as winner.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 7 months ago
Wait, all 23 of them will die? Isn’t that all of them?
I thought the point was to have a winner who takes all.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 7 months ago
Mundy usually uses his last name from what I can tell, but i think his first name is something along the lines of Rick…..?
I’m sorry, i’m info dumping again
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 7 months ago
@whalekeeper MORE PLEASE!!
also….
oh no……
Crosshair’s gonna be pulled away from his brothers and sister all over again!! That’s gonna be sad. Unless you have him as part of the Empire at this point.
meanwhile, Mundy won’t care. He’ll probably be alone when he gets teleported….? There’s a squad he’s with, but they’d probably willingly ha…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Headaches in the Form of Characters. Help! in the forum Characters 2 years, 7 months ago
To me, all of those have a distinct flavor, except maybe Igua. I think that Nahim and Alpha definitely are distinct enough. For Silvanis, the fact that he focuses on protecting a specific person, makes him a bit more distinct. So, as long as each character as their own interesting characteristics, I think this is fine.
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 7 months ago
Oh phew, thank you for the positive feedback XD I was so worried someone was going to be devastated.
-
whaley replied to the topic Headaches in the Form of Characters. Help! in the forum Characters 2 years, 7 months ago
Oh, and I also like Jonas’ point about one-note motivations. It’s probably one of the hardest things to hide from the reader’s notice. I personally believe it is okay, even great, for a character to have one point to them. One deep-set motive. But if you never show that motive, and instead make up a few secondary motives that demonstrate how the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Headaches in the Form of Characters. Help! in the forum Characters 2 years, 7 months ago
I agree with @jonas that I haven’t seen much of a difference between Nahim and Alpha, and maybe that’s why I have a hard time distinguishing between them. This is, of course, coming from someone who has only roleplayed with one of those characters and seen limited material based on the other… so that’s very likely a me problem. *shrug*
But I…[Read more]
-
-GRCR-'s profile was updated 2 years, 7 months ago
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 7 months ago
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Headaches in the Form of Characters. Help! in the forum Characters 2 years, 7 months ago
I agree with everyone else. That would’ve basically been what I’d’ve said.
-
-GRCR- posted an update 2 years, 7 months ago
Four songs that remind me of Markus:
My Immortal – Evanescence
New Year’s Day – Rob Thomas
Now We Are Free – from Gladiator
Kings Highway – James Bay (from Cars 3) -
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Headaches in the Form of Characters. Help! in the forum Characters 2 years, 7 months ago
I think readers do tend to notice when an author writes about similar ideas.
I don’t think it’s necessarily bad for so many characters to have that motivation, but I would try to avoid having too many of them have it as their main motivation, especially main characters.
I know that all of these characters are from the same universe, but…[Read more]
- Load More
