Hear ye! Hear ye! The Ducktator doth cometh, bearing greetings and pancakes!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hear ye! Hear ye! The Ducktator doth cometh, bearing greetings and pancakes!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    The Ducktator
    @theducktator
      • Total Posts: 220

@jonas

Hello! Your projects sound really cool. I love fantasy.

Some of my favorite authors are Tolkien and Brandon Sanderson.

They are some of my favorites too!

I play piano as well. I like it sometimes. What kind of music do you like to play? I enjoy hymns, and my brother is obsessed with jazz, ragtime, and blues. (I’ve heard Peacherine Rag at least 600 times in the past few weeks. Like I said, obsessed. XD)  I don’t play video games, but designing them sounds cool. And I think I already asked someone this, but what’s an RP?

See you around!

Coconuts are mammals because they have fur and produce milk.

Cloaked Mystery
      @jonas
        • Total Posts: 2624

@theducktator

Hello! Your projects sound really cool. I love fantasy.

Thank you!😊

I play piano as well. I like it sometimes. What kind of music do you like to play?

I don’t play too much for my own enjoyment, but when I do it is often hymns, which I arrange myself. I also play music in church, so I have to practice that.

RP stands for Role Play. Basically we have a bunch of our characters together in a scene and we take turns writing out paragraphs from their perspectives.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
        ✨ Magic System Creator
        🎭 Character RPer
        📚 Appreciator of Books

The Ducktator
        @theducktator

@thearcaneaxiom

Awesome! I’ve read all of those except Stormlight 4, which I’m in the middle of. Are you about to read Yumi then, since your in the middle of the secret projects?

I will probably read The Sunlit Man first, since that one is available at my library. I had Yumi, but alas, it was returned before I read it. ☹️

Yeah, I’m not sure, lol! It would probably just get used to it. A lot of men prefer long beards, so it may be a fair trade off in the eyes of many.

Probably.

To be clear we’re not talking about James Cameron’s Avatar, right? As well as not the movie that doesn’t exist. I’m talking about the animated tv series, which I will defend as the greatest series to ever exist. It’s a must watch, if you love Sanderson’s writing, both serious and silly, then you’ll love Avatar!

I didn’t know there were two. Is it appropriate for younger kids? I have five younger siblings, (youngest is 4), and we don’t usually watch things that the younger ones can’t watch. On the rare occasion we do, they always get mad.

The Ducktator
          @theducktator

@jonas

I don’t play too much for my own enjoyment, but when I do it is often hymns, which I arrange myself. I also play music in church, so I have to practice that.

Hymns are awesome. My dad has talked about getting my siblings and I to play at church, but we don’t want to. And we already have a flute guy.

RP stands for Role Play. Basically we have a bunch of our characters together in a scene and we take turns writing out paragraphs from their perspectives.

That sounds fun! My siblings and I do that, just not in writing. We are each a character. One of my WIPs got started that way. The game just got more and more elaborate, and I decided to write stuff down.

TheArcaneAxiom
            @thearcaneaxiom
              • Total Posts: 1251

@theducktator

I will probably read The Sunlit Man first, since that one is available at my library. I had Yumi, but alas, it was returned before I read it. ☹️

Ah, that makes sense. I’ll be reading Sunlit soon. I heard you need a lot of background for it though, but it’s mostly Stormlight stuff, so you should be ok.

I didn’t know there were two. Is it appropriate for younger kids? I have five younger siblings, (youngest is 4), and we don’t usually watch things that the younger ones can’t watch. On the rare occasion we do, they always get mad.

It’s a Nickelodeon kid’s show, but that is very misleading as to what it actually is. It’s enjoyable for all ages, and when I say enjoyable, I mean all ages will genuinely love this show. Kids will appreciate the bright fun adventure, and adults will appreciate the layers of depth behind the characters, worldbuilding, plot, and emotional beats. There’s so much to this show, and I can’t stress how incredible it is. I’m not just a fanatic, Avatar is truly a masterpiece that surpasses even some of the best books out there. Watch it, you’ll love it, your siblings will love it, your parents will love it, just watch it, I cannot begin to stress how good this show is.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

The Ducktator
              @theducktator

@thearcaneaxiom

Sorry if you get this more than once, but it’s not showing I posted.

It’s a Nickelodeon kid’s show, but that is very misleading as to what it actually is. It’s enjoyable for all ages, and when I say enjoyable, I mean all ages will genuinely love this show. Kids will appreciate the bright fun adventure, and adults will appreciate the layers of depth behind the characters, worldbuilding, plot, and emotional beats. There’s so much to this show, and I can’t stress how incredible it is. I’m not just a fanatic, Avatar is truly a masterpiece that surpasses even some of the best books out there. Watch it, you’ll love it, your siblings will love it, your parents will love it, just watch it, I cannot begin to stress how good this show is.

It sounds really good! I will mention it to my parents, but we will likely not get around to watching it. We don’t watch a lot of tv, unfortunately.

freedom
                @freed_and_redeemed
                  • Total Posts: 333

@theducktator

Hi Abigail, and welcome to KP!!!

I am Freedom, a God-loving, homeschooled, 10th grade teenage girl who also loves music, history, and Marvel. I have several WIPs and have a passion for spreading the light of Christ through historical fiction. My first Novel (a WW2 historical fiction about the Holocaust) is currently in the process of being self-published, and I’m here to help out in any way I can! Although I do NOT have this writing thing all figured out😂

Anywhooo, again, welcome to KP, Abigail! Can’t wait to talk more!! God Bless!!!💕💕

'Thought I'd wait'
                  'For what?'
                  'For the right partner'

The Ducktator
                  @theducktator

@freed_and_redeemed

Hello! I regret to say I am one of the maybe 20 people in the US that has not watched any Marvel. XD

I love reading historical fiction! (I wouldn’t write it though. So much research!) Do you have a blurb for your book yet? I would love to read it! I haven’t read a lot of WW2 fiction. Congratulations on having your book ready for publication!! Finishing a book is amazing! *thinks guiltily about unfinished/unwritten manuscripts😅*

freedom
                    @freed_and_redeemed

@theducktator Don’t worry, that’s ok😆

Yess, His-Fic is so good!! (haha, I research for fun😂) I actually don’t really have much of a blurb, sadly…not an official one at least haha. This is kinda the main jist of it tho…

Leon Wagner, a Jewish young man, husband, and father, is thrown into the terror of the Holocaust when he and his wife are thrown into a camp they thought was only one of many rumors.

Riker Schind, an SS First Lieutenant, husband, and father, does his duty well, wishing only to protect his family and avoid things he’d rather not do in combat, but is thrown into the horror of the Holocaust when he is stationed to work at a camp.

Both thrown into the darkness that is the Holocaust, both Leon and Riker are tossed into the darkest moments of their lives.

And neither of them are sure if they will ever escape the shadows.

So yeahhhh, that’s the main jist of Freedom’s Fire!!! Idk how else to describe it XD

And thank you!!! And girlllll, don’t feel bad at all. I had this book idea for four years or more and it took me over a year to finally write the thing😂

Writing a novel is a very long process…you WILL get there eventually🩷

'Thought I'd wait'
                      'For what?'
                      'For the right partner'

freedom
                      @freed_and_redeemed

Riker is my baby, btw 😭🩷

XXXD

'Thought I'd wait'
                        'For what?'
                        'For the right partner'

The Ducktator
                        @theducktator

@freed_and_redeemed

Your book sounds so good! I want to read it now.

Riker is my baby, btw 😭🩷

So he’s your favorite, and there’s a sad emoji…I am concerned for his safety.

freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed

@theducktator

TYSM!!! 💕😭😭 That means so much to me <3

I could actually share the first chapter with you if you wanted it, but no more XD

he

he

he

we writers are a…unique lot, putting charries through so much pain😏😭

'Thought I'd wait'
                            'For what?'
                            'For the right partner'

freedom
                            @freed_and_redeemed

@theducktator KP says you said something here, but it’s not showing up on my end😅

Darn you, Wyoh

'Thought I'd wait'
                              'For what?'
                              'For the right partner'

The Ducktator
                              @theducktator

@freed_and_redeemed

Ugh. It must have been eaten.

I could actually share the first chapter with you if you wanted it, but no more XD

Ooh, please!

we writers are a…unique lot, putting charries through so much pain😏😭

*concern intensifies* I saw a really relatable meme about that, actually. Pictures are being weird, so I copied it:

Me while reading: Noooo! My poor sweet babies! AUTHOR, WHY MUST YOU TORMENT YOUR CHARACTERS SO?

Me while writing: This character has been orphaned, whipped, sentenced to death, thrown overboard by pirates, captured by enemy soldiers, near fatally poisoned, put on trial for his life before an angry mob, tortured in front of his best friend, and thrown into prison again.

Me while writing: 

Me while writing: Let’s stab him.

freedom
                                @freed_and_redeemed

@theducktator Wyoh is a hungry beast XD

Ok! I’ll share it in just a sec!!

😆😂🤣

that meme is so horribly true

🤣🤣🤣

Okay, here is the first chapter of Freedom’s Fire!! (the first in a trilogy, hehe):

Chapter 1
                                  April 1994

Boots thudded against cobblestone; a fist connected with his head.

Leon hit the brick wall of the flower shop. Hard. He groaned.

The blonde-haired man looming over him smirked, sneered, and rolled up his brown shirtsleeves. “Is that all you can take, Jew?”

Leon leaned against the wall. He wouldn’t give up so easily. He leapt to his feet. “I’m never done.”

The brown shirt’s fist knocked Leon’s head back into the brick wall. Aching pain travelled from Leon’s skull. His head throbbed, and sticky, crimson blood trailed down the side of his face. Leon leaned against the wall, his scrapped palms stinging. He wasn’t a quitter. He never stayed where he fell. Not even once.

“Give up already, Jew, you don’t belong here.”

Leon’s fists clenched.

“Silence, huh? What? Do you need me to dumb it down for you, pig?” The blonde taunted.

He was disgusted all because Leon was a Jew.

“I don’t need it dumbed down, and I’m not a coward, unlike you,” Leon muttered.

The man’s upper lip curled, and a vein pulsed in his pale neck.

The man’s fist connected again with Leon’s face, throwing him to the hard concrete.

Leon collapsed and moaned. His world faded to black.

~*~

The pen tip scraped against the paper. A scream sounded.

The pen went utterly still as a chill spread up Riker’s spine. Maybe he should have been used to screams by now. Everyone else seemed to be.

Jackboots clicked against the shined floor. “Kurt does an excellent job with interrogations, doesn’t he, Schind?”

“Yessir,” Riker replied, looking up at his commanding officer.

Donned in the black and silver uniform of the Schutzstaffel, Hans Baumann carried himself with an air of superiority. His bony face turned towards Riker, a face where a smile was rare to occur.

Hans raised an eyebrow. “Are you almost done with that paperwork?”

“Yessir.” He began writing again.

Hans bent over to look over the papers, the skull and crossbones on his uniform cap glistening in the sun that streamed through an open window. “Wonderful to know we have gathered useful information from our prisoners, Riker, isn’t it?”

Riker slowly nodded. He hadn’t been asked to aid in the torture in months, thankfully.

“Now, if only we can get actual, useful information out of that blasted American pilot.”

Another scream. Another chill. Kurt was working on that.

“We’ll have information out of him soon enough.” Hans mused, pulling a cigarette from his pocket.

Another pair of boots clicked against linoleum, and a blonde-haired officer stopped and saluted Hans with a ‘Heil Hitler!’.

Hans returned the salute and lit his cigarette. “Erich, how are you?”

“Very well, sir.”

“And your wife?”

“Well. Very tired, but healthy.” Erich replied with a smile; he turned to face Riker. “Will you be finished with those papers by tonight?”

“I’m not sure. Why, Erich?”

Erich laughed. “You already forgot? Hilda was right. You are scatterbrained. We are going out for food and drinks tonight.”

“To celebrate the Führer’s birthday, as you know, is today,” Hans added.

Riker merely nodded. How could anyone forget when they were reminded every day of their life of the importance of their Führer? “I’ll try to get it done by tonight.”

“No, Riker,” Hans set his palms on the desk, “you will get those papers done by tonight.”

Riker looked up.

Hans’ hard coal-colored eyes made Riker’s heart skip a beat.

Riker slowly nodded, his heart beating so hard he felt it in his head.

“Yessir.”

'Thought I'd wait'
                                  'For what?'
                                  'For the right partner'

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >