Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 2619

Oh phew, thank you for the positive feedback XD I was so worried someone was going to be devastated.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3875

@whalekeeper MORE PLEASE!!

also….

oh no……

Crosshair’s gonna be pulled away from his brothers and sister all over again!! That’s gonna be sad. Unless you have him as part of the Empire at this point.

meanwhile, Mundy won’t care. He’ll probably be alone when he gets teleported….? There’s a squad he’s with, but they’d probably willingly hand him over lol, so I’ll just guess he’s alone. Or that we see him get called from Crosshair’s perspective so we don’t have to deal much with backstory. I should’ve told you about his background, sorry…..

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

Mundy usually uses his last name from what I can tell, but i think his first name is something along the lines of Rick…..?

I’m sorry, i’m info dumping again

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h

Wait, all 23 of them will die? Isn’t that, like, all of them all of them?

I thought the point was to have a district that wins and takes all.

Cloaked Mystery
            @jonas
              • Total Posts: 2624

@keilah-h

There should be 24, so 23 will die, leaving one as winner.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
              ✨ Magic System Creator
              🎭 Character RPer
              📚 Appreciator of Books

LoopyLin
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2045

Ok I know some characters still haven’t been introduced, and I’m probably completely wrong, but my theory is that Everton will win because he found that four leaf clover.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

@loopylin ooh interesting theory!

he probably deserves it though. He’s got someone to come back to…..although so do some of the other charries I guess…..

@jonas
                  ahhh, ok, makes sense.

Lydibug
                  @lydibug
                    • Total Posts: 100

@loopylin Yeah, that’s what I thought when I read it

Happy unbirthday every one!
                    "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME..."

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3213

@whalekeeper

AHHHH!!! I love it so far!!! I love seeing my charries written in the style of another writer. <3

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                      @esther-c

@whalekeeper

Oh my goodness I never gave you that snippet from Adrian’s POV!!! Do you still want me to write one, or do you just want to go for it?? I’m not sure I included Ev or Adrian’s motivations in their descriptions, so that might make it easier. Whatever you wanna do.

Light
                        @lightoverdarkness6
                          • Total Posts: 1626

@whalekeeper

I’m so sorry I’m just now responding! 😭 I was on vacation all week and the wifi was pretty terrible 😅

Okay so if it’s not too late I’ll add my charrie Dylan in.

Here’s Dylan’s description:

Appearance: He’s around 18/19 years old, he has dark hair, deep blue eyes, and tan skin.

**He runs his hand through his hair whenever he’s anxious, it’s his little nervous tic.

Personality: He is naturally very outgoing, but he gets quiet when he’s uncomfortable or sad. (He was kidnapped at a very young age and raised by his kidnapper, Vance. Vance treated him well most of the time but he has also been cruel. Dylan has lived a life of hurt, but he’s still with his ‘father’.

(Dylan has no clue that Vance isn’t his real biological father. That’s a plot twist haha) At this age he’s beginning to become bolder and is no longer under Vance’s sway as much, although he still just wants to be loved.)

He doesn’t trust easily, but once his trust is earned he is very protective of those he loves, especially his young friend, Asher. (Asher turns out to be his little brother but they haven’t found that out yet which is another plot twist hehe. Currently Asher is a captive of Vance, and so Dylan, as Vance’s son, has the job of taking care of his father’s captives. They hate each other at first and then become friends)

Dylan is pretty confident, likes to make jokes, and is very sarcastic and witty. He cares deeply although he tries to hide it. He hates killing but he will fight to save others or if his life is in danger.

Other: He does have experience with using weapons, and he’s most handy with a knife.

Also my story is set in modern 21st century, so there’s no fantasy elements or world building that you have to worry about but you can honestly do whatever you want to it! 😅 And it’s pretty underdeveloped so don’t worry about writing it perfectly. You’ll do great however you write it and I’ll love it no matter what! And thank you for letting me put a character in! <3

#HugRikerSquad

Whaley
                          @whalekeeper

@esther-c

Sure!! 😊 Scenes and motives are great!

@lightoverdarkness6

You’re good! Dylan’s family situation reminds me of Rapunzel, not going to lie. Sounds like an interesting dynamic to play with.

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper

Y’all may theorize all you want… hehe

freedom
                              @freed_and_redeemed
                                • Total Posts: 335

@whalekeeper AHHH it’s so good!!! But it’s also ALREADY MAKING ME CRY😭😭🩷

and I haven’t even seen my babies yet.

what are you doing to me, Whaley????

and what have I gotten MYSELF into???

'Thought I'd wait'
                                'For what?'
                                'For the right partner'

Esther
                                @esther-c

@whalekeeper

Oki, let’s do this.

Everton’s biggest struggle is pride. If he gets a chance to prove himself to someone or make himself look better, he’ll probably go for it. He has this mindset of, “I deserve better than some people are giving me.” (Specifically his father). He desires freedom and wants some level of control over others, but he also wants to be loved. Sometimes his desire for control puts a strain on his relationships. For the most part, that desire to be free and in control isn’t super evident, but it’s definitely an underlying motivator. Does that make sense?

Adrian’s motivation is that he wants to earn his father’s love and acceptance. Because of his backstory (*spoilers!*), he has a mindset of earning people’s love or acceptance. He likes to have a good time and hang out with people, but if his father is around, he automatically straightens up. So for the most part, he’s a chill dude (as can be determined by his frequent use of the word “bro” XD), but in the end, his desire to earn his father’s love is what would drive him to make rash decisions. (Which honestly I feel could work super well for this AU. Unless he dies right away… then, yeah. XD)

OK! I’m gonna go ahead and write two snippets real quick. We’ll see how they turn out. And I’m also just gonna go ahead and tell you Adrian’s backstory. He’s the Ziton soldier, his father’s (Derek Len’s) secret agent. He goes on all these missions to destroy, hinder the progress of, or capture the people opposed to Len’s regime. But his hardest mission of all is when he’s ordered to join the group of insiders (Ami and Ev’s families) and break them apart from the inside out by causing conflict. He thought it would be easy until he sees how much these people care for each other, even when they mess up. This almost convinces him to stick with his fake story and just join them, but then he remembers how much he wants his father’s love and ends up betraying them. (Tbc in the sequel[s] ✨).

Anywayyy… after all that, here you are!

(this first one is from the first book. It’s Ami’s first interaction with Adrian. Just a glimpse of his personality)

Ami mindlessly followed the boys, thinking of nothing but the fact that Len would come to the school in a week. They came here to avoid him! What would they do? Call in sick that day? No, it’d be too suspicious for all of them to fall ill at once. Maybe they could just try to avoid him…

Her mind kept spinning as she slid into a desk and the professor began to speak. She barely noticed what he was saying and only doodled a few things on her paper instead of taking notes. She didn’t have enough focus to take notes.

A folded paper landed on top of her notebook. She glanced around and unfolded it.

Nice drawings. You an artist?

She looked around again and found those piercing silver-blue eyes. He smiled, not flirtatiously, but friendly. She turned it over and jotted down:

Yeah. But these are just doodles.

After a minute, another paper was tossed back.

Just doodles?! That’s a work of art. You an art major?

Ami looked down at her notebook, her cheeks flushing. All she had drawn were a few flowers. Sure, they were realistic, but it wasn’t her best.

Thanks. Yeah. I’ll have to show you my other drawings sometime.

Ev glanced her way as she tossed the paper back. He cocked an eyebrow. She assured him with a smile. But he saw the paper given back and frowned.

How does lunch sound? Meet me by the maple tree?

She faced him and nodded with a smile. He smiled back. Still frowning, Ev reached across the row and tapped Ami’s arm. He mouthed the words, What are you doing?

She shrugged and mouthed, I’ll tell you later.

(and then this one I just came up with on the spot XD)

“How are things going so far?”

Adrian cast a nervous glance around the forest, the group’s laughter floating through the trees. He walked behind a tree, holding the phone closer to his ear. “Good.” Sort of.

“I don’t have forever. You have to hurry up.”

“Dad—”

“Ah.”

“Reprimor, I’ve been trying. It’s… difficult.” The hole in his heart grew larger when he called his dad by his official title.

“You are my greatest soldier and agent. I didn’t expect you to find this mission so difficult.” The annoyance in his father’s tone carried through the speaker.

“Yes, but messing with…” he fumbled for the right word, but couldn’t find it, letting out a sigh. “Hurting people psychologically is a lot harder than hurting them physically.”

“I don’t find it so hard.”

Adrian bit his lip. That’s because you’re using with ancient powers. “I’ll try, but these insiders have a really strong bond.”

“I expect that bond broken within the next two weeks, understood?”

“Yes, Da— Reprimor.”

The line clicked and Adrian hung up with a sigh. He pounded his fist against the tree, the rough bark scraping the side of his palm.

“We’re about to head out… Are you good?” Fynn cocked an eyebrow.

Adrian pasted on a smile. “Yeah, I’m good, bro. I’ll be there in a sec.”

“Ok.” Fynn shrugged and hurried away.

In a minute, Adrian emerged from the forest, finding the others talking and goofing off as they took down camp. He closed his eyes for a moment, reminding himself of who he was. He was the Ziton soldier. Nothing got in the way of his missions. Not even friendship.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 223 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >