@abigail-m
Active 5 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1242
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Ooh, your WIP is so cool! I can relate to the evil writer mentality. I’m killing off my main character’s twin sister in the second book in my series, and I’m considering killing her boyfriend. (oops, sorry, that was a spoiler).
*gasps* So I’m not the only teen mermaid lover!!! @daisy-torres, WE NEED TO TALK!!!
-
Elfwing replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@annabelle wow i think that sounds interesting! if you do it right it could definitely be YA,
sorry that probably isnt helpful XDD
No but it honestly does sound cool, i’ve never been a huge mermaid story lover, but I’m looking more into celtic mythology with sirens and mermaids and selkies and it’s rather intriguing and now I’ve put some of…[Read more]
-
Elfwing replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline Your wip sounds amazing! All the best with it! 😀 i love those kinds of stories, those types of characters. i have a soft spot for them,
Wow, I haven’t been on KP since October! so much happened since then lol. I finished the last draft of my novel on New Years Eve, 30 minutes before midnight, thus fulfilling my one goal of the year…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Oh, I’ve heard of the Masterminds Trilogy, but I have yet to read it.
Yeah, that is a variety of music! I currently play piano (also without a teacher). I enjoy listening to cello, although I’ve never played one. Have you heard of The Piano Guys? They do piano/cello duets.
I’ve heard of all the authors you mentioned, and I…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Wow, your WIP sounds so good! How far are you in writing it?
So my current WIP is a series about mermaids called Daughters of the Sea. I know, I know, I’m way too old to be thinking about mermaids anymore, but you have to admit, they’re pretty cool creatures.
Anyway, the main character is a girl named Maria. She starts out as an…[Read more]
-
Elfwing replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 well that happened to me in a way. My short story turned into a long novel that was about the length of the lotr trilogy but then i had to rework the whole thing because the plot took a twist, those charries are rebels, but anyways, no yeah i never stuck to my plan of 6 book series. its 11 and a half rough drafts and i’m still not…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
UGH, yes! It gets so hard sometimes to simply put three sentences on a page and KEEP them there. Ok, I’ll not to. =]
I know!
Good! 500 woods is an achievement when one hasn’t been writing much at all.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon yes you spelled it right! Kaithen is still around but kinda in the back of my mind. Way back, but I’ve also got another Biblical fantasy based off Moses in the back of my mind. Right now I’m focused on the Destined series tho.
but my main ideas for WIPs are these-
Destined series-
My Peter Pan Retelling series
My biblical fic…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Who’s the most bizarre character you have encountered, whether it’s one you’ve written about or read about?
-
ella replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Haha, no worries, I have the memory of a chicken. XD
Agreeeeed, spaceships make everything better.
Ohhh yum, hot cocoa is awesome. Coffee hater??? Interesting… Do you hate Starbucks? 😨XD
I’m so sorry about your studio! Actually, you remind me a lot of my sister, cuz she’s starting tae-kwon-do, and she likes korean pop…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, rewriting can be fun, but it’s also a little bit more boring than writing something from scratch because you feel like you’re writing the same thing all over again.
So my book series is called Daughters of the Sea. Here is the summary I wrote about my book:
“Maria Brooks is just a plain orphan girl with a mysterious past. When…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
My book series is going well. I’m still self-editing it. I’m super busy with other writing projects though, like my blog and a few short stories I’m writing, so it’s hard to find the time.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@abigail-m aww thanks! The fact that you remember bits of my writing makes me really happy and encouraged!! 😊
@koshka I totally get ya on the not working on it/feeling progress isn’t going anywhere. I didn’t do much writing over the holidays or during November like I thought I would. It felt like forever and I’m just now starting back reall…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
It is the funniest book title acronym I’ve ended up with so far. Heart of Gold Heart of Stone. I haven’t used it much, but that title is Loooooong!
How is my WIP going? We’ll, I’ve gotten some stuff straighted out recently, but no actual writing. In fact I haven’t written any more on my books for over three months, I think. It’s…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon @koshka @annabelle
Glad I’m not alone then!! Speaking of how’s everyone’s WIPs going? And sorry I forgot but what does HOGHOS mean??
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
@lavenderbookling
A writer who doesn’t like coffee? I thought those people were myths…Anyways, awesome to meet your acquaintance! It’s wonderful have you here in the Kingdom.
The way you described your world is so interesting. A Cyberpunk fantasy mix is such a cool idea. Where did your get the idea from?
I have the same favorite authors has…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
@lavenderbookling @lavenderbookling
I’ll definitely be using both these as future Topics of the Week disocclusions! Thank you so much!
Also, it’s funny how you were just thinking about me asking you guys for ideas the same day I decided to write a post on it lol. Was it that obvious that I was running low on ideas?
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hi! It’s nice to meet you! My name is Annabelle, and I also write fantasy, although in the past I’ve done more historical fiction and action/adventure. Currently, I am working on editing my YA novel called Identity, which is the first book in my Daughters of the Sea series. I also run my own blog, annabelle.batie.com, where I p…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
So I didn’t quite get exactly everything you were saying… LOL… but I think I understand a little bit. So you had a story all written out, and then you had all these AMAZING ideas and had to change everything. Was that right?
Okay, so if what I’m understanding is correct, then yes, I have gone through that before, actually…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
Haha, that’s awesome! (Author madness: That’s a wonderfully perfect description of my mind)
Sort of. At least, so far I don’t intend to actually write any of it into a separate book, which means most of it no one but my family will have to listen to. HOGHOS is partially the retaking of an overthrown kingdom, so of course I have…[Read more]
- Load More
