-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
DID SOMEONE SAY….BUCK WILD!?!??!?!?!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Plotting Help (Free of Charge!) in the forum Plotting 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, makes sense.
Huh…I have always loved multiple POV first person books, because then you get into the head of multiple characters! But I know it can be confusing, it just never has been a problem for me because in my mind, every character has a distinct voice.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Plotting Help (Free of Charge!) in the forum Plotting 2 years, 6 months ago
WHYYYYY
UGHHH
I forgot what I was gonna say
I know! First person books can either be super good or just…cringe..
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Plotting Help (Free of Charge!) in the forum Plotting 2 years, 6 months ago
@everyone
Why do you guys hate first person so much?????
It’s just funny because like all my writing friends in real life absolutely LOVE first person, and then on KP everyone seems to strongly dislike it!
I personally LOVE first person books with multiple pov’s….idk…they are just so fun!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Plotting Help (Free of Charge!) in the forum Plotting 2 years, 6 months ago
I would say, just use a lot of Abbie Emmons’ advice (I’m sure you’re probably doing that already though XD) and make everything that happens build the internal conflict more.
And about first person…obviously don’t do it if you don’t want to, but I think first person helps bring out the character’s voices a lot more. While the actual…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
That’s what happens when a page is full. It pushes you to the next page, but the next page doesn’t exist yet. It’s a bug that should be brought up to Kathleen.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Has this Forum been inactive for too long?
Who put the Ram in the Ramalamadingdong?
Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop?
If Pinocchio says “My nose will grow longer right now”, will it?
Can you trust when a statement says “this statement claims to be a liar paradox, but it is lying”?
How many toes does a fish have, and how…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
Hmmm, I’m not sure about that. Could you elaborate on what you mean? Are you speaking in a moral and/or historical context? Because there’s a lot of things outside of scripture we can know, even in a moral context.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Book Club 🙂 in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
I hope every apple you bite into is soft
WHAT!?!?! I can only eat apples if they are soft! I hate crunchy apples!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Ultimate KP Novel in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
I actually don’t know what my favorite is…..
I love ALL of them!
I’ll just put Fantasy because it looks like it’s gonna win anyways…and it’s the genre of the book I’m writing XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Ultimate KP Novel in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
That sounds so much fun!!!! I love that idea!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
All you do is get on voice chat, then share your screen for the most part. I’ll be busy too. I have work most days now, though only in the first half of the day, and I’ll be serving a mission not long from now. That’s awesome that your doing karate!
Maybe we could figure something out in the near future, but I don’t know. I’ll just say…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, I do have discord. I don’t use it very much but I have it. You can stream things on discord?
Yeah! I don’t know why I haven’t thought of it before. Although, the question is whether it will stream well, but I’d say it’s worth a shot if you’re up for it!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Writing Villains in the forum Characters 2 years, 6 months ago
Here’s one
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
I would also say that it depends on the villain’s role. Sometimes you need a sympathetic villain for the story to work. But yeah, in and of themselves, a non-sympathetic villain isn’t a bad thing.
True, of course ignoring the fact that a non-sympathetic villain by definition, is bad😂 (Someone was bound to do this, so I thought it might as…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
True, anti-heros are separate from villains. The mere fact that he can be considered an anti-hero can push him over to likeable, though not always.
Yeah, some of these villains you can root for for different reasons. Some are sympathetic with sad backgrounds, others and just intriguing.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Well I’m sort of referencing the first character you mentioned, but I’m also speaking broadly. There’s plenty of stories where people root for the villain, despite them not being redeemable.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
100% I think Azula is a much more compelling villain, but I still think Ozai is underrated. We don’t know why he’s so evil, but he’s the personification of the evils Zuko and Azula face, so he’s interesting, because they’re interesting, if that makes sense. He’s not so much his own character for this reason, but it works, and…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, that’s the thing is that even characters that so far gone are characters that sometimes are rooted for the most. They want something, they have a reason for it, and in following them, it makes you like them. This can be the case even when you see nothing redeemable about them.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, I think it’s important to remember that it’s never bad for a villain to be non sympathetic, it’s just all in the execution. Azula from Avatar the Last Airbender isn’t really sympathetic in the whole series, but she’s probably the most fascinating and terrifying villain I can think of. Her father, Ozai, is also a…[Read more]
- Load More
