Writers' Corner #19

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #19

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I’m literally falling asleep, but I can’t because I have to go out in an hour 🙁

I really wish I could read Greek. I mean, I have somewhere around five different translations of the Bible and they all say different things, which, in turn, can be interpreted different ways. Which is mostly what all these different people are arguing about.

I’ve been researching this for a long time, but it doesn’t really get any easier with time. 😛 I really appreciated our conversation yesterday because it was very insightful. I enjoy having friends who are sometimes so different from me 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Well, you could fall asleep for an hour, couldn’t you?  Doesn’t seem like you’re the kind of girl who needs half an hour to get ready, like me. 😛

There’s a really easy and fun Greek language study guide that I used once.  I was too easily distracted to get all the way through it, but it was so simple and well written that I very much enjoyed the parts I did get through. (And reading the Bible in the original Greek is absolutely amazing.)  It’s not your typical language study book, but I think that’s what makes it so good.  It’s called “Learn New Testament Greek” by John Dobson.  He has a Hebrew one too.

Hebrew’s way harder. 😛

I agree, it’s amazing to have conversations like this.  Friends who are different from you?  Haha!  Yup, we’re pretty different, and that’s what makes it fun.  Well, it’s also nice that we’re similar in some ways. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I’m not really but I have to finish a math test and get dressed for Girls brigade. And time has elapsed so that I only have half an hour.

I did attempt to learn Greek once but it was from a college textbook. And I was twelve. I’ll look into that book though. It sounds good. It would just be really interesting to read the Bible without the necessary loss when its translated into another language.

Yes that’s true. I would find it very hard to get along so well with someone who had no similarities to me 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Ah, sorry. 🙁  Hope you can get some rest later.

College textbooks – no, ALL textbooks – with a few (very few) exceptions, are horrible, boring, uninteresting, nasty, unappealing, confusing, useless, depressing things.

😀

Do you get a clear enough picture of my feelings toward textbooks?

Well, it’s almost two o’clock, so…have fun with your math test (unlikely) and with your Girls Brigade (more likely) and with whatever else you do today, and hope to talk to you tomorrow!  Goodnight!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine @seekjustice @dekreel @dragon-snapper @catwing @alia @ariel-ashira

Hi, all! Just letting you know that I will be going out of town, so I won’t be on here until probably Tuesday. I hope you all will have a nice Labor Day weekend. See you next week! 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@jenwriter17 bye!

On that note, tomorrow I will be going away for a few days to go to Melbourne 🙂

@rochellaine
                @valtmy @alia @catwing @dekreel

Anyone around? I’m working on my outline…

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@valtmy @alia @dekreel @catwing Anyone around?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alia
                  @alia
                    • Total Posts: 1253

@rochellaine, I wish. I have an anatomy and physiology test tomorrow so I’m studying. But I might be on a bit tomorrow

WIP - Decisions
                    Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@alia *sighs* Oh well.  Good luck on your test!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Catwing
                      @catwing
                        • Total Posts: 2557

@rochellaine I’m setting up a Facebook page. Currently taking a picture of something I finished drawing.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@catwing Cool. 🙂

I’m doing research for a my biblical era novel.  And hitting a lot of dead ends. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Catwing
                          @catwing

@rochellaine I finished, but haven’t posted anything yet.

Dead ends. *sour face*
                            Is it Juda’s Daughter?

I may vanish soon. Cause it’s late.

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@catwing Congratulations! 🙂  Is this specific to writing/business or is it personal?

Yeah.  I’ve been trying to find out more about the town my protagonist lives in, but there’s hardly any information about it.  I might have to just go with general info about the time period.

You haven’t read it, have you?

Okay.  It is late. 😉  (You might have disappeared by now, actually.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Catwing
                              @catwing

@rochellaine It’s for writer-dom. Here

I read the first part.

I am vanishing now. *vanishes*

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@catwing Sorry that I can’t like or comment on anything.  I’m not on Facebook.  But I did see it, and congratulations again. 🙂  Hope you get lots of visitors who are signed in, so you can get likes. 😉

Oh, okay.  It’s so hard to keep track. 😛 Especially when it’s not a real book yet – just a beginning.

All right, there you go.  Vanish.  Disappear.  Goodbye. 😛

Goodnight!  Talk to you later.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,005 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >