Writers' Corner #19

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ Writers' Corner #19

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice So I thought. šŸ™‚Ā  I donā€™t recall you ever saying a good word about a one of them, though youā€™ve said you liked the conflict they cause or things to that effect.

Haha, yes, your sister and I will be forever at odds as to whether you should have saved Justice or Zac at the end of the Empty.Ā  And they are both what you might call anti-heroes.

(Well, I would be fine if you left it as it is, then simply did a trick-save of Zac letting him be the hero of the third book as per one of our previous discussions in which I listed several suggestions for how that might be achieved. šŸ˜›Ā  Ā And without Justice being killed, which would satisfy your sister.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Iā€™m not really the sort of person who loves the villain, though I do feel sorry for some of them. The closest I come to liking one of my own villains would be Byrd, the villain in the third book, probably because he has a wife and daughter he loves, which makes him a bit more human than Caderousse and Theresa Caelan.

The reality is that they would both go to save Quillon šŸ˜›

While you were away, I finally sat down and wrote out a brief synopsis for my third book.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice So you have a villain nowā€¦but do you have a hero? šŸ˜›Ā  You were asking for suggestions in the comment section of Empty. šŸ˜‰

Of course. šŸ˜›Ā  If only you felt that way about Zacā€¦

Hooray for you! šŸ˜€Ā  Will you be upset if I donā€™t ask you to let me read it?Ā  Knowing the story of ATOTC partially ruined the second book for me, and I donā€™t want that to happen again.

However, if itā€™s just a teaser I definitely want to read it!!!

I am working on another fanfic, this time an AUā€¦

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Quillon is my hero. Along with Chessy of course.

I know, but Zac is the antihero and I am oldfashioned in the fact that I tend to like the heroes over antiheroes.

I wouldnā€™t let you read my synopsis anyway, sorry šŸ˜› My synopsis is private and I donā€™t want to give away all my specialĀ Scarlet PimpernelĀ twists. I do have a blurb sorta thing. Iā€™ll hunt it down.

Oooh????

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Interesting.Ā  Giving Quillon a turn to take first place, are we?Ā  Iā€™m interested to watch what changes his character will go through during the course of this, seeing as heā€™s not usually one to take risks, which seems to be a necessary component of a heroā€™s makeup. šŸ˜‰

Iā€™m also interested in the fact that he could possibly be your first main character without a love interest, since you loved Sapphire so much it feels to me like you wouldnā€™t replace her.Ā  Is that under consideration?

Iā€™d love to read the blurb when you get a chance, but no rush, since Iā€™m mostly interested in reading the actual book. šŸ˜‰

Yesā€¦itā€™s a little strange.Ā  Iā€™m quite unsure as to whether you will actually like itā€¦ šŸ˜› (Also itā€™s Chestice this time, and as thatā€™s only my secondary ship Iā€™m having a bit of trouble writing it. šŸ˜‰ )

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

NC Stokes
              @daughteroftheking
                • Total Posts: 1156

@seekjustice @rochellaine *is suddenly in the room* Hello, Kapeefers. *mysterious smile*

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Yeah šŸ˜€ I mean, with how much I love him, how could I not? He will be an interesting character to explore, since heā€™s not a conventional sort of hero.

I briefly considered it, and then I remembered how much emotional strain romances put on me and I decided against it šŸ˜› šŸ˜› Yes, Quillon gets the honour of being my first romance free lead.

Revolution has taken the Capital by storm and is now spreading across the country, bringing in its wake blood and fire.

However, a hero has arisen to combat the revolution. A hero who spirits those condemned to the guillotine away, leaving only a note from The Red Valerian.

Ever since being conscripted into the service of the Republic six months ago, Augustine Quillon has been up to no goodā€”or at least thatā€™s what Ciaran Byrd, a former spy, believes.

In order to kill two birds with one stoneā€”convict Quillon of high treason and discover the identity of the Red Valerianā€”Ciaran Byrd enlists the aid of Chessy Verde, dragged kicking and screaming, into tracking down the mysterious heroā€¦

Or watching Quillon die.

This is the blurb I wrote a while ago. I just realised I couldnā€™t give you the blurb I wrote for my snowflake outlining method because it gives away the ending. But thereā€™s that one. The plotā€™s changed a bit, but itā€™s mostly the same. Iā€™ll rewrite the blurb eventually.

Okayā€¦Well, Iā€™m interested to read it!

@daughteroftheking

Hello there! Long time no see.

NC Stokes
                  @daughteroftheking

*tips hat* Hello, Queen @seekjustice.

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@daughteroftheking Hello!Ā  What are you working on?

@seekjustice
                      *laughs* Ahem! šŸ˜› Uh, I think, contrariwise, I have the least emotional strain when I am writing the romance scenesā€¦

Ooh!Ā  That sounds very interesting!! šŸ˜€Ā  I canā€™t wait to read it.Ā  (Will there be more window scenes??)

Well, Iā€™ll let you know when I finish it, of course. šŸ™‚

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

NC Stokes
                      @daughteroftheking

@rochellaine Working on my WIP, a Little red Riding Hood retelling. What are you up to?

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@daughteroftheking

*bows* Ā Whatā€™s your Red Riding Hood retelling about? If you donā€™t mind me asking.

@rochellaine

I seem to be good at pairing characters up and getting them attracted to each other, however when it actually comes to helping them continue their relationship I have no idea. It doesnā€™t help that Iā€™ve never been in a relationship of the romantic kind or that Iā€™ve never so much had a crush on someone who was still alive (well, that sounded much creepier than it should have)

Probably šŸ™‚ Iā€™ll keep you in suspense for now šŸ˜›

I look forward to it! (You are, Ā after all, better at romantic things than me)

NC Stokes
                          @daughteroftheking

@seekjustice I donā€™t mind! Itā€™s about a girl named Katie, whose family are the guardians of a bridge to a magical island.Ā  But, magical creatures keep crossing the bridge, like theyā€™re running from something. So, Katieā€™s father goes across the bridge to see whatā€™s up and *dramatic pause* disappears. She and a grumpy fairy named Brant go to enlist the help of a dude who goes by the name Rumpelstiltskin who will only help then if the guess his real name correctly. And stuff escalates from there.

So thatā€™s what Iā€™m writing. *jazz hands*

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@daughteroftheking

ā€œAnd stuff escalates from thereā€ šŸ˜€ sounds like an example of my outlining šŸ˜›

It does sound pretty cool, especially a fairy named Brant and Rumplestiltskin.

NC Stokes
                              @daughteroftheking

@seekjustice *laughs* Thanks. Yep, Brant is my sassy problem child and I love him. *pats Brantā€™s head* *he glares at me* I must be off. Happy writing, guys!

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@daughteroftheking

Farewell!

@Rochellaine

Have you disappeared?

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,005 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >