Writers' Corner #19

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #19

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Have you never sobbed uncontrollably from laughter? Though I guess sobbing has generally sorrowful connotations. 😛

I am here (whilst wrestling with the beast known as mathematics). Sorry I didn’t get your message till just now.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Haha, I don’t think so. 😛

Hi!!  Finally a direct conversation between us!  I wonder how long it has been?  Anyway, I won’t be on for much longer, but I’m not quite done yet so, I am still here at present.

Ah, sorry. 😉  I’ll ask you the question I ask everyone: Do you prefer decimals or fractions?  I adore fractions and abhor decimals, but most people I talk to say the opposite.

I saw that you were having problems with your editing process again?  I’m not sure, because I didn’t see the whole conversation.  But what was it that you were working on?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Hysterical laughter and hysterical sobbing aren’t that different. Tears, hiccuping, general chaos. I stand by my proclamation.

Some time 😛 How much longer does your conference last?

Can I say neither? But currently I get the best of both worlds because I’m working out decimals with a remainder in fractions. I think I generally find fractions easier to conceptionalise than decimals.

That was the outline for the third book I was moaning about earlier 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@seekjustice “Tears, hiccuping, general chaos…” perfect description.  I find myself agreeing, at this point. 😛

So, I guess that means I do okay?  Well, with my comic short stories and poems, at least. 😉  I do hope to write a good sad scene sometime, though.  But, like you said, you’d probably faint from shock if I ever did such a thing… 😛

I’ll be going home Friday, but I think the next couple of days are pretty busy at home, as well.  Hopefully next week I’ll get back into writing.

Ah, haha. 😀  Yeah, I absolutely loved fractions, but I get that some people just don’t like math at all.  (I don’t generally.  Just fractions. 😉 )

I see.  I’m certainly looking forward to reading that, as I’m sure you know.  No pressure there.  None at all. 😉  (But seriously, not every book has to be outlined and written as quickly as your first two.  It’s okay if you take a bit longer on this one.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I’m glad ( I also saved myself an embarrassing situation 😛 ). I think you do find. I guess not evey writer needs to make people weep.

I just find math extremely frustrating. Especially when I can’t see the point to what I’m doing. Will I ever use this? Not unless I want to be an astrophysicist. Then why am I doing it?

It actually took me a really long time to outline and plan the first book, but I’m just having trouble with this one because I can’t even get the main plot points to go together, so I can’t even properly begin outlining.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice 😀

Yes, but there are other jobs where it is used, such as engineering or accounting.  However, I doubt I’ll use more than basic arithmetic, and my chemistry knowledge is confined to baking. 😉

I see.  Well, I certainly can’t help you there, since I have no idea what the “main plot points” even are supposed to be. 😛

I need to get some sleep now.  Hope to talk to you again soon!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I know that 😛 I was just exaggerating. I’m prone to that sort of thing.

I’m sure I’ll get there eventually!

Bye 🙂

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@seekjustice You around?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Catwing
                    @catwing
                      • Total Posts: 2557

@Seekjustice @rochellaine The tears, the heart ache, the hurt, the angry letters, the fan mail, and the joy of the readers, etc. etc. 🙂 We make them sob for joy and hurt.

@ethryndal
                      😀

THE EVIL WRITER HAS BEEN NAMED AFTER YOU! 😛

(I figured. 😉 )

Wow. Glad to help!
                      I made someone’s day. My day is made! I love my job! *waves pencil crazily*

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Drat, I missed you! I was doing first aid at a netball carnival 🙁

Alia
                        @alia
                          • Total Posts: 1253

@rochellaine, @seekjustice, @catwing, @jenwriter17, @valtmy, anyone around? I’ll be here writing and listening to Casting Crowns for the next half hour

WIP - Decisions
                          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 155

@alia If you’re still around, I’ll write for a while. I haven’t been on KP for a while, but I figured I’d drop by today 🙂

Alia
                            @alia

@waterlily, I’ll be here for 10-15ish minutes

WIP - Decisions

Alia
                              @alia

@waterlily, what have you been up to?

WIP - Decisions

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 155

@alia In general? Or writing-wise?

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,005 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >