Writers' Corner #18

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #18

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 943 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Not quite, but getting pretty close. How’s your studying going?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Not very well, since I’ve been pretty sick for the past few days. 🙁 (a kind of allergy problem)  But thankfully I was able to get the college to move the testing dates back to Monday and Tuesday, so I should be able to catch up by then.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Ah, that’s no good. I’ve still got a cough from when I was sick a while ago and that’s not fun.

That’s good though 🙂 I’ll be praying for you!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Thank you so much!  I’ve got to go now.  We’re expecting guests tonight and need to get ready for them.

I might be on for a little bit tonight, or maybe not.  I’m not sure.  Talk to you later!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Cool 🙂  I might see you later, if not see you tomorrow!

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Are you around this fine morning/afternoon?

Its really sad, I can’t think of anyone else to tag.

@jenwriter17
                @sarah-anson @dekreel

*waits forlornly*

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Good morning!  I am around, I guess.  Trying to study really hard and not succeeding in studying really hard. 😛  But I can study and chat at the same time, I guess.

How are you doing?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I don’t want to distract you though. At the moment I’m editing a section of Stars to enter into the Story Embers contest.

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice You’re not distracting me. 🙂  It doesn’t take long to reply here…unless we get into a discussion about musicals. 😉

Cool!  What section specifically?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

The “Stars Fill Infinity” section specifically. The bit you said would make a good short story for a competition. So I’m adapting it into a short story.

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Cool.  I hope it turns out well.

By the way, is that the part that says “God outlasts infinity?” because I was talking to my brother about that line and he said disapproved of it because it’s theologically incorrect.  I think it’s something like infinity means infinity, and if infinity can have an end, that implies so can God, which is obviously untrue.  What do you think?  (That’s not the exact argument he gave, since we didn’t have a long conversation about it, and I’m not sure exactly what he said, but that’s my take on his impression.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

😀

Well, I think that’s a valid point, but without being a philosopher, theologian or linguist, I would say that there’s a difference between something being infinite and something being eternal.

People say that our universe is infinite, because its theorised that no matter how far you go you’ll never get to the end of it, but its not eternal, at least not in the theological definiton. We know that God will destroy it one day and create a new one. Thus God is more than, the creator of and outlasts something that is, supposedly infinate.

Apparently, eternity is specifically infinate time that has neither a beginning nor an end. Thus it seems fair to say that our universe is “infinite”, while God is eternal.

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice I see what you mean.  The first definition of infinite is “limitless or endless” but the second definition is that it is impossible to measure, which implies that it could have a measurement if we only knew how, possibly.  Infinite obviously comes from the word finite which means measurable, so infinite means immeasurable, sort of like eternal.  Just like the number pi doesn’t actually have an end, and because God knows everything doesn’t mean that He knows the end of pi, since there isn’t an end to pi. (of course, if there was one, He would know it.)  😉  It would be hard to have a precise discussion on a subject that of itself is not precise.  My brother is the theologian in the family, and I’m not going to say one way or the other without talking to him about it, but your argument is fine. 🙂

Can I read the story when you’re done?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I guess our finite brains will never understand the concept of Infinity or Eternity 🙂 However, I can clarify that by infinity I mean what we think of as being infinite and drawing a line between that and what actually is limitless (that being God).

Sure 🙂

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Yes, that makes sense.  Oh, what you said in the last post about us thinking the universe is infinite reminded me of something funny.  We watched a documentary a while ago about the patterns God put in the stars and the guy said something like we think of ourselves as important and big, and then we see the universe, and we realize we’re small in comparison, but then we have to realize that God is so much bigger than even the universe.  He joked that “Maybe God sits up there and says, ‘Universe, universe…where did I put the universe?'” 😛

Great!  But you know what I really want to read is the part where Jonas and Justice find out Chessy was tortured. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 943 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >