Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    Ariel Ashira
    @ariel-ashira
      • Total Posts: 739

@jenwriter17

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@ariel-ashira Haha!  The poor guy!  What a dousing! 😀

Have you ever had sheep?  When we got sheep we realized that when the Bible compares us to sheep it’s not a compliment. 😛  Sheep are horrible creatures.

I have two stories I’ve started which are set in Biblical times.  One Old Testament and one New Testament.  I really want to do them, but need to get my western out of the way first. (Even though I started both of them before I started my western.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
        @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine My sister spent a couple weeks with some friends while they were lambing this year, and she loves sheep.  Then again, she loves alnost any animal, even rats and hairless dogs. :P. I don’t know if I like sheep or not.  We have never had tham.  I think they can be cute, though.

Yeah, I have seven stories set in ancient times.  Three of them I am working on a lot, the others are on hold and still in the planning stage.  Then there’s like four others I want to write which are set in other various times but they will have to wait a while…

"In a mask, was he?"

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17
            • Total Posts: 2522

@ariel-ashira haha, I love it! 😀

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
            www.jennaterese.com

Ariel Ashira
            @ariel-ashira

@jenwriter17 😀 Its one of my favorite scenes.

@rochellaine
              When were your biblical stories set?

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira Yes, lambs are very cute.  And they are much softer than baby goats.  But…sheep are dumb.  I mean seriously, we had an electric fence and one of our rams decided to lick it.  Of course, he got a good shock, so he jumped back a few feet and waited a minute, but then, would you believe it?  He decided to lick the fence again!!  And again, and again, and again.  Sheep are dumb.  😛

Sorry, I just really don’t like sheep. 😀 😀  I hope your sister doesn’t mind.

Well, one of them is set right after Jesus’ resurrection and ascension, so in the very early days of the apostles.  Should I or should I not tell you what it’s about? Hm… (I think it’s a really cool premise.)

The other one is set, um, before/during the flood.  I want to write a story on one of the girls who married Noah’s sons.  I just started imagining one day, when I was thinking that sometimes it’s lonely knowing that there aren’t many people who believe the way we do, and when we do meet someone like us, they often live very far away, but then I realized, for those girls, there literally was not a single person in the world who believed in God!  That must have been so scary.  It’ll be very tough to write, though, because I’d have to do as much worldbuilding as you do with a fantasy novel, since no one really knows what it was like before the flood.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine Goodness!  You would think the ram would get the idea!

Ooooh!!!  Your stories sound so awesome!  How creative.

Does your NT story have Onesimus in it?

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                  @ariel-ashira

@jenwriter17 Did you just become an Eccentric Mentor?  Congratulations!

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira No, that would be much later, wouldn’t it?  Onesimus’s story happened when Paul was already in prison, right?  Mine has a character that is not in the Bible, but is related to someone in the Bible.

Have you read the Patricia St. John book about Onesimus?  It’s wonderful!  It’s called Twice Freed.

I want to tell you, but I’m afraid it’ll give the whole story away!  Oh well, I guess there’s no way to avoid that, since it’ll have to be in the description of the book anyway.  So…it’s about the daughter of Judas.  She is hated by all the Christians because her father betrayed Jesus.

Sound interesting?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                      @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine Wow!!!  Judas’ daughter?  Wow!  Can you hurry up and write it so I can read it?!!  That sounds amazing!

Yes, I have heard of Twice Freed, but I have decided not to read it until I have finished working out the plot for my own story I am writing about Onesimus.  Its hard though, because my friends keep telling me about it! 😛

What son of Noah does your girl marry?

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                        @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine Ack!  I have to go for now. 🙁 Hope I can be back sometime before tomorrow.  See ya then!

"In a mask, was he?"

Alia
                          @alia
                            • Total Posts: 1253

@rochellaine, I’m not actually here but…YOU’VE READ TWICE FREED???? sorry, not manyy people I know have. okay, I have to go now

WIP - Decisions
                            Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira I want to write it soon, but I’m afraid if I start it I won’t finish my western.  So let me finish that one first! 😀

Hey, you know what?  I just found the beginning of Daughter of Judas on my computer, which I had already written, so if you want to read it, I’ll invite you to a google document.  When I reread it I found it was better than I expected, though I’ll probably change it a little once I actually write the entire story.

I am wavering between Japheth and Shem.  Defintely not Ham, of course!  It’ll probably end up being Shem.  My biggest problem with that story will probably be dealing with the “age inflation” back then.  I mean, how do you make it seem normal that someone is middle aged at four hundred?!  And that would also mean that my “girl” would have to be at least around fifty when she got married, right? (Shem was 98 when they went on the Ark.) That will be very hard to deal with.  😀

Okay, goodbye for now!

@alia
                              Haha, yes.  I’ve read it.  It is amazing, isn’t it?  Hope to see you tonight!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@sam-kowal Hey, Sam!  It looks like you’re the only one left here right now.  I took a break from writing for a bit, but now I’m back on again.  How’s about joining me? 🙂

And even if you can’t join me, could you at least send Stan over?  Bobert says he “hasn’t had a ride on a dragon for prob’ly three years!” 😉  (He doesn’t quite understand lengths of time yet.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Sam Kowal
                                @sam-kowal
                                  • Total Posts: 635

@rochellaine XD 😀 I’m sorry, I can’t right now. Or should I say write now?

I would be glad to send Stan over, though 😀

Honestly, he’s been missing Bobert too. He’s had enough of strange adventures for awhile and wants to hang out with his KP-sidekick friend

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >