Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17
      • Total Posts: 2522

@ariel-ashira Yes, it is 😀

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
      www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@jenwriter17 Oh, I forgot to say that I agree with Rin.  I would have enjoyed it too.  Not that I would necessarily have had the courage to do it… 😛

Well that’s funny. 😀  I wonder where your mind linked me to vintage clothing?  Maybe the fact that I write his-fic?  Oh, Modcloth!  Yes, they’ve got a lot of cute stuff.  My aunt has some clothes from there.  Ah yes, modesty standards.  That’s sometimes a challenge, isn’t it?

…Oh my goodness!  Thank you so much for reminding me to check the website again!!  I’ve never bought anything from them because they used to carry hardly anything in size xxs!  Now it looks like a lot of their stuff comes in that size, so maybe I will be able to wear something from there! 😀 😀 😀 (The trials of being petite…normal sized people like you will never truly understand.)  Oh, I’m so excited.

@ariel-ashira
        That is classified information. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17

@rochellaine *looks at empty wallet* i’m just saving my faves to pinterest 🙂 yup, the modesty struggle is real. I actually found quite a few websites that have modest clothing. let me know if you want the list 😉 i probably thought of you cuz some of your writing prompt collages have vintage-y photos. 😉

www.jennaterese.com

Ariel Ashira
          @ariel-ashira
            • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine @jenwriter17 Okay, here’s from one of my stories…

Joshua’s fists clenched.  The frenzied mob of white-clad bacchantes grabbed the little black goat from the blind boy, who gave a cry and tried to reach his pet.  His mother pulled them both out of reach of the drunken crowd.  The screams and cheers of the bacchantes filled the night air.  Their torches swung as they danced and waved their pinecone topped sticks with fluttering ribbons.  Joshua started to run torward them and the bleating goat.  Diocrates grabbed his arm. “Don’t, Joshua!  They will tear you to pieces!”

"In a mask, was he?"

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17

@ariel-ashira I like it! 🙂 that poor boy who got his goat taken away……

what genre is your WIP?

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17

@rochellaine I was gonna ask you; do you wanna tag someone else to do the ‘broken air-conditioner’ poem? my life isn’t letting me work on it much, so I’m afraid it would take forever to finish it.

www.jennaterese.com

Ariel Ashira
                @ariel-ashira

@jenwriter17 Actually, Joshua saves the goat although he really gets beat up in the process.  He knows how much the goat means to the blind boy, because it helps him go places like a seeing eye dog.

This story is set in A.D. 31-33 and has the death, resurrection, and accession of Jesus in it.  Is that what you mean?

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 Haha.  My mom says I spend each dollar a thousand times before I actually buy anything. 😀  I can spend hours looking at dresses on the internet and end up never buying a one of them.  Oh, that makes sense.  Yes, I would say my style is more classic than vintage, but I do wish it were possible to wear 50s style circle skirts or 40s style pinafore dresses in modern times without looking weird.  That picture I used for Chara on my western collages and as my own picture on my website is actually from a photo shoot I did when my aunt gave me a couple of vintage style accessories, so I was trying to get the 50s look.

You know what?  Maybe we should make a google document that several of the girls around here can add our favorite websites on which we find modest clothing.  What do you think?

By the way, isn’t it your turn to come around with another snippet? 😀

Don’t worry about the poem.  I’d love to see it whenever you get a chance to write it.

@ariel-ashira
                    Great excerpt!  But – but – I love goats!  They’re my favorite animals!  So I feel like that is nearly the worst thing that can happen to a person. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                    @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine I love goats too!  Do have any?  We had some little pygmy goats for a while, and nubians back when I was like five.

"In a mask, was he?"

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17

@ariel-ashira Oh, phew, that’s good. not that he got beat up though 🙂 @rochellaine I love goats too!

Rochellaine, that’s a great idea! I’ll go ahead and start the document. Should I make a topic for it?

I don’t think I realized that was you in the collage! 😀

Another snippet:

The morning broke grey and misty over the city. Rin hadn’t slept a wink. Her thoughts wouldn’t be still, and there were too many of them. Uma betrayed her, Takara promised revenge, and she didn’t know why she was in the prison. Besides rebelling against the government, that is.

But, yet, she still had her father’s cross.

That’s childish, she thought, rubbing her hands over her face. It’s like having a baby blanket or a stuffed animal. It’s just a thing. Yet she couldn’t explain the comfort it gave her whenever she touched it.

www.jennaterese.com

Ariel Ashira
                        @ariel-ashira

@jenwriter17 Nice!  What is the name of this story?

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 You’ve seen my website, though, right?  My picture’s on there, so when you saw that I’d thought you would have recognized it as the same one from the collage?

I don’t think you should make a topic for it, since it has absolutely nothing to do with writing. 😉  You could make a public message about it, if you like.

@ariel-ashira
                            Pygmy goats are the absolute best breed ever!! 😀  We had pygmy goats for a long time, probably about eight years.  Then we had another kind for a couple of years, but I don’t remember what kind they were.  Do you milk them?  We couldn’t milk because we traveled so much for the ministry, and wouldn’t be home every day at the right times.  So they were just pets.  We had one in the house once when its mother rejected it at birth, and we ended up potty training it. (to go in a box of hay.)  What do you think of that?! 😛

My snippet coming up:

The officer put his hand on her back and led her toward his car.  She looked anxiously back at Derek and Raelyn, and Derek gave her a reassuring wave.  Chara had a strange feeling as though she had been holding a rope and had just let go.  Her knees shook, and the bumpy soles of her boots did not help with her balance.  She tried to keep steady, because she was afraid if she didn’t they’d make her go back for more medical attention.  After one last desperate look at the brother and sister she lowered her eyes and allowed herself to be helped into the passenger seat of the police car. 

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                            @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine An indoor goat? Awww… Ours had babies several times.  They were smaller than our cats when they were born, and so cute!  And ours were pets, although they cleared a lot of brush and poison ivy for us.

*tries hard to think of another snippet I can remember*

"In a mask, was he?"

Jenna Terese
                              @jenwriter17

@ariel-ashira Right now I call it Before It’s Too Late, but that’s just so I can call it something. I’m going to ask my alpha readers title suggestions when I finish it. 🙂

@rochellaine
                                I guess I need to check your website again 🙂

that is true; it has nothing to do with writing. i’ll do what you suggested. 🙂

awesome/sad snippet! 😉 I can’t wait to read the next part.

I think I’ll have to go now! Ariel, if you post another snippet I’ll be able to read it though. 🙂 might be on later…

www.jennaterese.com

Ariel Ashira
                                @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine@ jenwriter17 Here you are…

There was a scramble to be out of the road.  Some of the women left thier water  jars by the well as they fled, but Jerusha managed to keep hers as she dashed out of the way.  Then she stood and waited as the hard faces and gleaming armor of the legionaries passed, thier sandals sending up clouds of dust as they thumped in unison.  Out of the corner of her eye Jerusha saw a tall, dark haired boy in a filthy tunic stoop and pick up a rock.  “Roman dogs!” he shouted.  Jerusha gasped.  Harm to a soldier could mean the death of them all!  She grasped her jar of water and flung the contents across the boy’s head.

"In a mask, was he?"

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >