Writers' Corner #14

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #14

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,033 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  Oh, wow. I saw earlier that you had 950 posts and you were almost an Eccentric Mentor. Well I was curious and I looked up when you first introduced yourself.

IT WAS JUST OVER TWO MONTHS AGO! I don’t believe it! That’s even faster than me!! 😀 😀 😀 Congratulations, Rochellaine, you have beat the record for most frequent posting!! *confetti randomly falls from the sky*

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel I mean have you noticed that a majority of the names you like start with a certain letter?  My favorites seem to be “K” and “R” with which I like names such as Kenneth, Kendall, Kent, Rolfe, Ronnie, Reymblyn, Kirlas, Ray, Raelyn…I could go on. 🙂  @seekjustice said she also prefers the letter “R” as you’ll see if you read up a few posts.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@Ariella-newheart

I have a character called Ren too, but it’s short for Renjiro. He’s also the bestiest ever and I love him to pieces.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
          @dekreel

@ariella-newheart  ARI! ‘Ello!!

(I can’t believe I just called you that. Ah, well, we’re friends, right? 😉 )

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@ariella-newheart If @seekjustice loves someone to pieces, they usually die by the end of the story.  Trust me, I’ve seen it happen, and wept buckets of tears over many of her characters.  I even wrote a poem about how all her characters die.

Renjiro, watch out!  You have been warned.  Break free of the ties that bind you to Seekjustice and defend your right to live!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
              @dekreel

@rochellaine  Ohhh, well I noticed that I really like “T” names. Particularly T boy names.

Tyler, Tyver, Tristan, Toby, Tory, Tony, Thomas…

But I like V names and J names, too 🙂

Ariella Newheart
                @ariella-newheart
                  • Total Posts: 141

@dekreel Ay course, lassie! You can call me Ari anytime!

@seekjustice
                  Ah, Ren’s are all just the bestiest….

@rochellaine
                  Is that so? :O I should take some notes, then. I mean, Rendon isn’t going to die even though I love him to pieces, but a few others might…. *smirk*

I like A, K, and J names best. Here are a few….

Ariella, Alekander, Aleta, Adrian, Aerin, Karah, Kellen, Jannon, Jessamine, and Jorgan. 😀

I’m not exactly writing…I’m researching herbs and stuff for my story. Does that count? *peeks out from shadows nervously*

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

*disappears into the shadows*

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@dekreel Oh my goodness!  Have I really posted that quickly and often? I feel like it’s necessary to slow down, but I keep wanting to post more… 🙂

*looks over your list of names* You like the name “Gidget?” It’s so cute!!  Do you know the backstory and the book it came from?  I’ve never read the book, but I’ve seen the movie, and I loved it.  I want to get the book, but then, I want to get hundreds of other books too. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice
                      • Total Posts: 3365

@dekreel

Those are some really cool names, I especially like Echo and Briar! I once knew a girl called Bryony as well, which is another pretty flower name. I like flower and gem names. There’s also an island in Australia called Elcho Island, and I’d love to call a character Elcho one day!

@rochellaine
                      @Ariella-newheart Ha! Renjiro is not dead (yet), but I did destroy him mentally and he retired and became a monk.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
                      @dekreel

@rochellaine  I feel the same way — believe me. 😉

No… I got most of them from my baby book. I have no knowledge of other book references

@ariella-newheart
                          You know who my favorite “Ren” is?  KYLO.  X)

‘Course it counts. It’s worldbuilding! 😉

Joy
                        @dekreel

I’ll be back guys! Seeya later!

*leaves room* *trips on rock*

Ariella…?

Ariella Newheart
                          @ariella-newheart

@seekjustice *furiously writes notes* How exactly is a person destroyed mentally?

@dekreel
                            KYLO REN!!!! (Warning to everyone: I have not watched The Last Jedi and if there are any spoilers here I will hide a frog under your pillow. Thank you 😛 ) He’s awesome, but Rendon is awesomer. Though I may just be biased….

NC Stokes
                            @daughteroftheking
                              • Total Posts: 1156

@ariella-newheart @dekreel @seekjustice @rochellaine *steps out of the shadows* Greetings, fellow writer peoples! I’ve some to destroy my character’s lives- *ahem* write!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice How can you do that?!!! When I love my characters I want to give them everything.  And I’m like that in real life too: when I love someone, I want to do everything for them.  So…does that mean you’re like that in real life?  I was going to invite you to come to America, but I don’t think it would be safe…

@dekreel
                                In the story, the author invented the name as a nickname.  The MC was a girl named Francine, and she met some older boys on the beach who thought she was really little, so they called her Gidget for “girl” and “midget” smashed together. 😀  The book is actually called Gidget I think, as is the movie.

@ariella-newheart
                                I’m not writing either. 🙂  In between posting I’m editing my website, which contains my books, so I count that I can be on Writers’ Corner.

Actually, Seekjustice and I came up with a reason to be on Writers’ Corner even if you’re not writing at all.  Writers’ Corner literally means a corner for writers, and we’re always writers even when we’re not writing, therefore we can always be in Writers’ Corner!  Don’t you agree?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariella Newheart
                                @ariella-newheart

@dekreel See ya! *snickers*

@daughteroftheking
                                  Hello! Have we ever met? I’m Ariella. I like cookies and destroying my characters’ lives too… *cough* I mean writing….

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,033 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >