Writers' Corner #14

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #14

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,033 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  @seekjustice  I’m still here! I was just making a new KP topic 😉

YES YES ROCHELLAINE SHE’S HERE PLEASE TELL US YOUR SECRET PLEEEEEEEEEEEAASE!

Geez, I’m weird when I’m tired…

(Ah! @aislinn-mollisong  You’re not alone!!)

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice So, the concert I went to tonight:

My brother regularly takes me and my siblings to classical music concerts, (one at a time, of course,) and tonight he took me to a concert titled “From Vienna to Broadway” so it had singers with an orchestra doing songs from Operettas and Broadway hits.

The reason he picked this concert to take me to was because I love singing and listening to singers, but also because my favorite modern Broadway singer was going to be there.  His name is Ben Crawford, and he’s not well known.  He’s had mostly understudy roles, but a few small starring roles.  I’d been to a concert where he sang some Broadway songs before, and heard him, so that’s how I decided he was my favorite. 😀

Besides Ben Crawford, the other male singer there was Ted Keegan who was a replacement Phantom in Phantom of the Opera.  He sang “Music of the Night” and it was AMAZING!!!!!!  (He is known for being the Phantom to sing to the most people at the same time when he sang at the half-time show in Madison Square Garden during the NBA All-Star Game.)

So, even cooler than that, (for me,) my brother was looking up Ben Crawford on the internet and found that a few hours ago he was announced as the new Phantom! Here’s the link to the announcement.  So I can say I liked the new Phantom before he was known.  (I think this will probably be a big break for him, since most of his previous roles were small or understudies.)

I really hope I get a chance to see him in Phantom of the Opera!  That would be amazing.  But, anyway, I have heard him sing live!  This is a video of him singing “Stars” from Les Miserables, so you can hear his voice.  (If you don’t like it, that’s okay.  I like him, and that’s enough for me. 🙂 )

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
        @dekreel

@rochellaine  Ahh, musicals. *calms down* 🙂

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@dekreel Great!  I wonder why your name disappeared from “members currently online” if you were still here?  That’s why I thought you were gone.

@seekjustice
            Now I’m the one begging.  What do you have to tell me?! 😀

By the way, your new profile pic is beautiful!  When did you change it?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

Ohhhh @dekreel !

I just looked at your new topic…and you used my “milking puppies to get ice cream” idea!  Does that mean I have been officially welcomed to the realm of Kapeefer literature?  Should we ask Ben to add my comic to his KP Lit website? 😀 😀

Or – or – or did someone already come up with that idea before I did? 🙁

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice
                • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

That’s really cool! I’ve never heard of Ben Crawford before (I don’t think), Ted Keegan sounds familiar, but I think I might be getting him mixed up with an Australian country singer…not sure, I don’t really keep up with Broadway, unless it’s the shows that I really like, I tend to lean more towards the West End or the international things. Anyway, that’s rambling.

That’s awesome! I’d love to get to Broadway one day and hear it live, Broadway always gets really cool, talented casts! I listened to him sing Stars and I thought it was really good. he reminded me of my favourite Javert, who is Norm Lewis (and he’s also been Phantom before), they have a similar sounding voice!

I’m always glad when the understudies get their big breaks! There’s so many underrated musical actors that I’d love to be better well known!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
                @dekreel

@rochellaine  Yeah. I’m pretty sure that was your idea. A brilliant one, too. 😀

*bestows badge of Kapeefer FanFic Awesomeness*

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@rochellaine

So, it’s actually for you and @jenwriter17

Basically, I’m one of those people who needs words of affirmation otherwise she withers away and dies, and this extends to my writing as well. as I’m writing a novel I usually have an alpha reader who reads my chapters as I write them and praises my efforts and says nothing of the plot holes and typos until I’m finished writing. This helps keep me motivated and accountable to someone. Unfortunately, she has gone off to university and has a whole lot on her plate at the moment and I don’t want to dump more on her by giving her a 100,000 word novel to read on top of that…

So…I was wondering if you and Jen would like to, during the month of April, be my alpha readers as I write Stars Fill Infinity‘s sequel?

(Also, is it true that Americans do not eat beetroot?)

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
                    @dekreel

@seekjustice  @rochellaine  Well, I must be off. See you later!

FRIDAY NIGHTS! The only time of week where you can freely stay up late!!

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Oh and I changed my pic this morning. Originally I had it changed to a pic of me in Highland outfit, but I liked the flowers better 😀 It’s one of my own pictures too, so thanks for complimenting it!

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice *squeals* Really?  You mean I get to read it before you’re even done with it?!  The only condition being that I say you’re wonderful and your writing’s wonderful and don’t mention anything wrong with it until you’re done? 😀 😀 That’s easy.  Only I’m afraid I’d be too impatient.  Is another condition to not bug you for the next chapter?  Because I think I might do that…

I have two specific categories of stories.  Those I show my sister every little paragraph addition until they are finished, and those I keep in complete secret from her until they are finished. 🙂

Um, beetroot?  Well, we eat beets, which I am pretty sure are roots.  What exactly is it that you are talking about?  It could be that we just have a different word for it.  And, you’ve got to remember, America is HUGE, with lots of different cultures, so what is acceptable to eat in some areas of the country may be unheard of in other parts of the country. 🙂

And I’m so glad you like Ben Crawford!  I listened to Norm Lewis’s Stars and liked it pretty well.  (Ben Crawford is my favorite; what can I say? 🙂 )  And yes, their voices do sound similar.

@dekreel
                          *accepts badge with greatest humility* Thanks, my dear friend.

And goodnight!  Farewell!  See you…sometime? 😀  Thanks for helping me “spam” Seekjustice.  It was fun.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Yep, pretty much! You’ll get to read it in all it’s unedited glory. Definitely though, as you read it, note down any plot holes or anything that you come across if you want, just don’t tell me about it till I’m done 😛 I am happy to enter into discussions though. Well, you can annoy me for the next chapter, but I write pretty quickly so hopefully you won’t need to annoy me too much!

Well, I was just reading an article about certain things the world thinks Australians are crazy for eating. Like beetroot. Which is a large, bulbous vegetable that is purple in colour and usually eaten pickled. We eat on and in everything. It’s not a barbeque or a real burger unless it’s got beetroot. Apparently the rest of the world isn’t so keen on beetroots. What about a Shapes biscuit, do you know what that is?

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice  Okay, sounds good!  Just let me know when ready. (You write fast, you say, but remember that I read Stars Fill Infinity straight through in one night.)

Well, that sounds just like the beets we eat here. 😉 Is this it?

I’ve never heard of a Shapes biscuit.  What’s it like?  Biscuits are very popular in the South (We capitalize the South, yes. 🙂 ) but I’m guessing those are a different kind than what you’re talking about, since there are many, many kinds of biscuits.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, but you’re right.  We eat beets, but not that often.  Mostly with salads. 😀  Never on hamburgers.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine
                                  That’s true, and in that case, I can do nothing for you :D. I’m starting April 1, all being well.

Yes, that’s a beetroot (or a beet).

Behold the Shapes biscuit (the staple of every good party)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,033 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >