Writers’ Corner #1

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers’ Corner #1

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

@lightoverdarkness6 HEEEY!!! Ur just in time for me to ask a question XD

@freedomwriter76 @koshka @euodia-vision @esther-c @loopylin @whalekeeper @smiley @anyone

Soo…I didn’t wanna make a separate forum just to ask my question…maybe I’ll just start asking questions here lol it is called WRITERS corner XD

anyway, how do y’all make your character sheets? If y’all make any.

I had found a template way back and loved it! And parts of it I do still love, but now…I’m feeling very overwhelmed by it.

irs a HUGE template, and I’m going thru some stuff rn so maybe that’s some of why I’m feeling overwhelmed by it lol. And it did help me figure out a ton of things about Ara and November sooo I feel kinda…unsure of what to do…but I also just feel like “this is too much…” I don’t wanna do this for all my other MCs…

so how do y’all do your character sheets? I’m thinking of making a new sheet, and having a hybrid of what I like from this one but taking out some of the more overwhelming bits…

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3868

@lightoverdarkness6 Cool, what Star Wars did you watch?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Light
        @lightoverdarkness6
          • Total Posts: 1626

@Godlyfantasy12

Yay!! XD I’m finally on when you are! 😀

Oooh and GREAT question.

So yeah, I’ve found a whole bunch of them online, and some of them are really overwhelming. Way too many questions. It is good to know a lot about your characters, but some things aren’t really necessary. Like, favorite colors. Why would you have eVeRy SiNgLe FaVoRiTe CoLoR of your characters in the book? That would be really unnecessary. But then unless it could be a big defining moment for that character to talk about their favorite color. (There’s a scene like that in Hunger Games, actually one of the biggest moments in the second movie 🥰) So it really all depends on your book, and your characters.

I know that each of your characters has a color for their crystal too, so unless their favorite color is the same as their crystal color, I wouldn’t worry about it.

For the overall character sheets, I wouldn’t do more than maybe 20-30 questions, at least for now, or whatever amount you think would work best for you. Maybe pray about it! God knows 🙂 Anywayyy just some questions that can be whatever you want, you could pick and choose from different character development sheets or come up with your own. But since you get overwhelmed by a lot, (and don’t worry girl, you’re not alone. I get overwhelmed very easily too. No idea how I’m a writer XD) maybe just do a simpler one.

so how do y’all do your character sheets? I’m thinking of making a new sheet, and having a hybrid of what I like from this one but taking out some of the more overwhelming bits…”

I really just do the basics, and add on from there. Just start with like the very basics, and add and add as I progress in my writing, and change things when I need.

Yeah that’s a good idea! Do that if you need to 🙂

Also, if you want, I can post the one I use? No pressure tho 🙂

Hope that helped!

#HugRikerSquad

Light
          @lightoverdarkness6
            • Total Posts: 1626

@Keilah-h

Yeah! Well, on one TV we had The Force Awakens on, and the other TV we had Mandolorian going XD So both XD 😀

#HugRikerSquad

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 3868

@lightoverdarkness6 ah, cool! Sounds fun!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12
                • Total Posts: 6645

@lightoverdarkness6 it does! Thx!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

Whaley
                @whalekeeper
                  • Total Posts: 2581

@godlyfantasy12

I think it often depends on the person… Like, for me, colors and aesthetics are super important, so I might listen favorite color, whereas Light might not 😘

For me – I don’t have my computer open right now so I can’t replicate it perfectly, but I do something along these lines:

Name

Quotes (of the character’s, or short snippets I’ve written so far that really do the charrie justice)

Alias

Sex

Species \Race

Appearance

Personality (And here, if there might be multiple books, I’ll describe the differences in the charrie. Viz: Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, etc. And this kinda gives you a bird’s eye view of their story.)

Backstory

Relationships

Strengths

Weaknesses

Desire

Fear

Misbelief

General Aesthetic

…And that’s pretty much it 😋

Although something else I find that’s helpful, which I put under the Desire catagory, is the abstract concept they represent. Or theme, whatever you want to call it.

For example, Calvin represents truth. Dogchild, peace. Marcel, rebellion and\or shame. Sebastian, swiftly forgotten achievements (I need a better word for that 😂)

That’s all I have right now… Hope it helps a little!

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Koshka
                  @koshka
                    • Total Posts: 1424

@godlyfantasy12

Ooo, character sheets! I probably need to pull mine out and work on them again.

I am sort of using The Only Character Workbook You’ll Ever Need, which is pretty indepth, but not excessively, with a lot of fill-in-the-blank stuff, and multiple answer. I only have Zlatan and Vulkasin started despite my having this book since the Christmas before last, but it isn’t all that hard to fill out (I just haven’t taken the time).

I have done homemade sheets for a few of my charies, answering physical description, character description, plot summary/significance, and relation to other characters (this one is especially important for me because of naming systems). This was a lot of long scribbling as the questions were a tad bit too generic.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

LoopyLin
                    @loopylin
                      • Total Posts: 2011

@godlyfantasy12

I’m not really consistent with my character sheets and I haven’t done any in a while. Most of my “writing” consists of daydreaming and doodling…

but I really like Whaley’s character sheet format so I think I’m gonna steal that now.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12 I made this character sheet on Microsoft publisher…might be helpful for you 🥰

(avoid the thick black line, lol…that was me crossing out my name XXD)

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >