What is the cringiest thing you’ve ever written?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What is the cringiest thing you’ve ever written?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    HighScribe
    @highscribeofaetherium
      • Total Posts: 2229

@kyronthearcanin

Yeah, honestly, that’s really good for seven 😂

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
      @kyronthearcanin
        • Total Posts: 697

@highscribeofaetherium

Thanks!! XD

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

hybridlore
        @hybridlore
          • Total Posts: 1357

@kyronthearcanin @jonas

If it were in a published book I would think ‘this isn’t very good,’ but for what it is, it’s not bad. How were you that good at seven?

Exactly!! That’s pretty insane, lol.

There is always light behind the clouds.
          - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
          @kyronthearcanin
            • Total Posts: 697

@hybridlore

Haha, I feel a little bit better now XDXD Thanks!

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Sara
            @savannah_grace2009
              • Total Posts: 1986

@kyronthearcanin @esther-c @jonas @hybridlore @highscribeofaetherium

Um. Guys? I just found a total Robin Hood rip off I wrote in an old notebook when was seven or eight.

You’re welcome…XD

My name is Consuelo! My home is in Mexico. I live with my father and his sister, Aunt Mary. I have one adopted sister from America and her twin sister, May. You might think that it is a little strange that I said I lived with my father and Aunt Mary instead of my father and mother. You see, my mom died when I was born (at least, uh, a few months after) of a fever caused by an infection caused by my birth. When my father married another lady, she secretly hired a maid. She also secretly planned to divorce, and I can’t tell you why because I don’t know why any more than you do. The secret about divorce leaked out because after she had left, her maid told us that father’s new “wife” had planned to divorce. Father was heartbroken. Since I was the oldest of 15 years, I babysat May and her twin sister, April which I have already mentioned. Now I must tell you how we got April and May. One day Father came clattering home from the village in his wagon with two little girls sitting beside him. Father cried, “Consuelo, I adopted two girls to help us with the house work. To make it much, much easier, we shall ask Aunt Mary to live with us to take even more good care of you.” the next day Father drove back to town in his horse-drawn wagon to sell fish for, as I have forgotten to mention, Father was a fisherman. He also went to town one day to pick up Aunt Mary. So that he was later than usual. Once he was home, I rushed up to the wagon saying, “Oh Father, wherever have you been,” wiping my hands on my apron as I said this, “I’ve been shut up with those unruly twins all this time!” Father raised his hand for silence. “Consuelo,” he said, “There’s a storm brewing. I’ve brought Aunt Mary. Send May to tend to the chickens and cats at once!” “Yes Fater,” I said. I rushed back into the house. “May,” I said, “Aunt Mary is here. Father wants you to go tend to the chickens and cats imediatly.” “Okay,” said May. And with that, she closed the door. A half hour later there was no May! I thought maybe she was having to stay in the chicken house for warmth until she got warm enough to walk back to the house. As I later discovered, she had to stay at our Grandma’s house because Grandma only lived 1 foot away from the chicken coop and our house was 100 feet away. So she was having to stay at Grandma’s house because she couldent get home. I got really worried and wispered to April, “If Auntie Mary asks, tell her I’m outside looking for May.” “OK,” said April. A split second after April had finished speaking I had grabed my coat and shawl and plunged into the freezing weather and began an Adventure.

I had no idea what paragraphing was!!! And I left the spelling how it was too for your amusement.

I opened my eyes on a sunny morning and it wasn’t till fifteen minutes that I realized why I wasn’t in my warm house and what I was doing. I thought “Oh No! I’m lost because of the storm and I didn’t find May! Oh, oh, I wish I was home with the others. I wish I had never come. And the others will be frightfully worried. I wonder whether I will starve or can find something to eat!” And I started crying. In fact, I cryed myself to sleep. I must have been asleep for hours because when I awoke it was just getting dark. I felt like I was starving. When I looked up I saw a man of 30 stooping over me. Then I noticed that he had a companion. I heard one of the men say, “John the little girl’s waking up!” “Why,” said John, “So she is, Robin!” “You,” continued John to Robin, “must have good eyesight for a babe like you! Ha ha he he he he he!” For a moment I did not understand the man’s joke. Then I noticed that John was 7 feet tall while Robin was only 5 and one half feet tall. Robin got red in the face. Jahn burst out laughing and aRobin said, “I suppose it is a little funny, but I’m only 1 and a half feet shorter than you, and stop LAUGHING AT ME, YOUR CHEIF!!!” “Sorry Robin,” John chuckled. When he finally got ahold of himself he said, “Little girl, this here’s Robin and I’m John.” “And, he continued, “You must be tired and hungry if, perhaps you’ve been sleeping all night in the woods.” “How-How did you know!” I asked. “Well, Robin wanted me to do a little hunting and I saw you out here.” “And,” added Robin, “You didn’t tell me until this morning when you said, ‘hey Robin, I wonder how the little girl is doing that I saw last night?’” “Well I’m Consuelo,” I said. “Consuelo,” said John, “Consuelo. That’s a funny name and it’s also hard to pronounce and remember.” Robin gestured to us with his hand and said, “Consuelo. I’m pleased to meet you. Come to the woods with us. We live there and have a camp set up. You will be safe there.” “From what, Sir?” I asked.

Okay and that’s all I typed out.

I literally have a scene where Consuelo shoots someone and from what I remember it reads like this:

My bowstring twanged and laid him dead on the ground

How did I even know what that meant?!?!

Lukas&Livia
              #Lalbert
              Sef&Chase
              #HOTTOLINE
              LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Cloaked Mystery
              @jonas
                • Total Posts: 2624

@savannah_grace2009

Well to be fair, Robin Hood is something that people could make adaption of that take place in different times and/or places. Although it seems that you just transplanted the characters to Mexico. They even have the same names. It’s hilarious how you confusingly laid out your character’s history, and then made it completely irrelevant.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                ✨ Magic System Creator
                🎭 Character RPer
                📚 Appreciator of Books

Sara
                @savannah_grace2009

@jonas

I know!!!

Like, how do you secretly hire a maid, though?

And the way I made Little John laugh….

Ha ha he he he he he!

Also….I wrote some stuff when I was seven/eight about people getting tortured in Prince John’s dungeon…like how did I even know what some of that stuff was???

Lukas&Livia
                  #Lalbert
                  Sef&Chase
                  #HOTTOLINE
                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

HighScribe
                  @highscribeofaetherium

@savannah_grace2009

Might I say that I am quite impressed about Consuelo’s name lol. When I was seven or so, I just named ppl things like ‘Bob’. ‘Jerry’. ‘Jeff’.

You get the idea XD

Yeah, that’s slightly alarming information for a seven/eight year old to know.

Cloaked Mystery
                    @jonas

@savannah_grace2009

😳

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                      ✨ Magic System Creator
                      🎭 Character RPer
                      📚 Appreciator of Books

Sara
                      @savannah_grace2009

@highscribeofaetherium

lol! I always tried to be super random with my names…except when I gave a family a last name that was literally “Baggie”. Yep. And their grandparents’ last name was “Redberry”.

@jonas

yeah…and then Prince John stabs Consuelo and locks her and Marian in the dungeon and tortures them…and Robin and John have to watch…and Prince John has a stick that he knocks people out with….

I worry about myself when I read that stuff….

Lukas&Livia
                        #Lalbert
                        Sef&Chase
                        #HOTTOLINE
                        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Cloaked Mystery
                        @jonas

@savannah_grace2009

Uhhh…

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                          ✨ Magic System Creator
                          🎭 Character RPer
                          📚 Appreciator of Books

Sara
                          @savannah_grace2009

@jonas

Yeah. Like what eight year old girl knows that?!?!? My little brother’s eight and he only reads, like, picture books!!!

Lukas&Livia
                            #Lalbert
                            Sef&Chase
                            #HOTTOLINE
                            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
                            @savannah_grace2009

@jonas @highscribeofaetherium

OH MY GOSH….LOOK WHAT I FOUND….

“Oh, Prince John and his followers are all beasts, beasts!” Grumbled Friar Tuck. “Sooo unchristian!” he continued.

Ummmm….

A voice rang out. “Take them alive! Leave not one here in the forest. When they are all captured we will lock them up. I will first torture them, then cut off their fingers, then their heads-“

You know what, I’m not going to type the rest of that out. Just no.

I knocked on the door and a tall young lady answered the door. “What do you want?” she said, “If you are seekign help for Robin Hood, come in! If you are a spy for Prince Joh, off with you, lest I bid my husband Allan-a-Dale charge you with his sword!”

How did I understand this old english at age 7/8???

“WHAT?” Robin shouted, “Guy of Gisborne is DEAD?!? This is from Consuelo!” “HA!” a misterious voice rang out, “I’ll give you a Kit-Kat candy if you come here…”

Okay Prince John is a creep in my story….okay continuing

“I AM….Prince John!” A man sidestepped out. He flung Marian, Robin, and the other man to the ground and tied their hands up. He tied them to one rope. “Now…about that Kit-Kat I primesed. I’ll give you a non poisoned one if you cooperate.”

I am so confused….

And….

A big soldier rushed toward me; an enemy soldier. My bowstring twanged and laid him dead on the ground. I gasped. I couldn’t believe what I saw! I quickly dragged the dead man away where I could examine it without being seen. I closely looked at the soldier’s coat of arms and realized I had killed a knight! Then I saw again what had caused me such surprise: the pattern of the coat of arms. You see, during a conversation with Marian, Marian had described in detail what Sir Guy’s coat of arms looked like, and here, right before my eyes, was this same exact coat of arms! Then the shock came. I had killed Sir Guy of Gisborne, the evilest and most feared knight in all of Mexico!

Mexico….lol

Lukas&Livia
                              #Lalbert
                              Sef&Chase
                              #HOTTOLINE
                              LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

HighScribe
                              @highscribeofaetherium

@savannah_grace2009

I find it my duty to inform you that that is not old English. Old English is Anglo-Saxon lol. (no offense or anything, I didn’t know this until recently XD)

A kit-kat?? XD lol!

Do you know when this is supposed to take place?!?!?! I’m lost.

Sara
                                @savannah_grace2009

@highscribeofaetherium

No it doesn’t offend me XD

I know it’s not technically Old English…but it’s pretty fancy language for an eight year old…lol

I think it’s supposed to take place in medieval times?? In Mexico??? I have no idea.

Lukas&Livia
                                  #Lalbert
                                  Sef&Chase
                                  #HOTTOLINE
                                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >